July 2013 Moms
Options

Transition help

LO is 8 weeks on Monday and has outgrown her newborn napper in the pack and play. She used to sleep 6-7 hours in that thing and now we have been having a hard time transitioning. She won't fall asleep in her swing or bouncer which are both elevated. She loves to lay in her crib and watch her mobile, but it's more of play time thing. I've put her down in her bassinet for naps a few times but she never sleeps more than 2 hours at a time in there. I feel like I have a newborn all over again. Anyone out there having a hard time transitioning from elevated to flat? What have you done/plan to do?
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: Transition help

• Options
    miss2697miss2697 member
    edited August 2013
    Mamasighs said:
    Wait. 2 hour naps? That's pretty damn spectacular. If you want her in the crib, let her play until she's tired, take her out and help her to sleep however it is you do. Rocking, shushing, swaddling, etc. Some kids will always play a little before sleeping in the crib. Not a bad thing really.

Sorry, I meant she will only sleep at night in the bassinet for at most 2 hours. During the day, she usually starts crying as soon as I put her down no matter where it is. During the day the only 2 hour stretch I can get is if it's on my chest. The other day I tried putting her in the bassinet 3 different times after she fell asleep and I think the longest she stayed was 30 min which is still an improvement from the normal 10 min cat nap.

View Full Size Image

• Options
    Mamasighs said:
    Mamasighs said:
    Wait. 2 hour naps? That's pretty damn spectacular. If you want her in the crib, let her play until she's tired, take her out and help her to sleep however it is you do. Rocking, shushing, swaddling, etc. Some kids will always play a little before sleeping in the crib. Not a bad thing really.

Sorry, I meant she will only sleep at night in the bassinet for at most 2 hours. During the day, she usually starts crying as soon as I put her down no matter where it is. During the day the only 2 hour stretch I can get is if it's on my chest. The other day I tried putting her in the bassinet 3 different times after she fell asleep and I think the longest she stayed was 30 min which is still an improvement from the normal 10 min cat nap.
    Ah, gotcha. Does the newborn napper kind of "hug" her? I'm not sure what those are. It might be that she's missing that.

Yea, which I guess she liked. Now it just seems to crowd her. In the bassinet she stretches out and is kind of jerky so I think that is what wakes her. I don't like to swaddle her because it's super hot. She wakes up warm from just her sleeper. Her swing is the same way, so I am not sure why she doesn't like it.

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"