September 2013 Moms
Options

To the legit narcoleptics...

How have your sleep habits been lately?

Are you worried about your narcolepsy once your LO comes are sleep deprivation sets in?

Do you have a plan for medicine/treatment once LO is here?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: To the legit narcoleptics...

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Before LO arrived, I was sleeping between 12 and 16 hours a day. He has been here two weeks now and I think my body is finally adjusting to quality sleep in two or three hour stretches. My husband does say that somewhere around 4am I go into what he calls a "narcolepsy coma" and no amount of noise or crying makes me even move. Luckily, he works from home so we are able to split duties when I just can't be roused. Our pediatrician ok'd me to take Adderall if I need it. She said so little gets through to the breast milk, it is sometimes worth having a Mama capable of caring for her baby when she has no other options. Honestly, at this point, I am pumping so much milk I could afford to take my meds and dump the milk for the rest of the day. What about you?
    photo 86a9bed8-fe83-44f4-8233-6822762e6347_zpsc28c6977.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, and I am slowly upping my caffeine intake. I can't tell any difference between when munchkin is getting my coffee milk vs my middle of the night milk.
    photo 86a9bed8-fe83-44f4-8233-6822762e6347_zpsc28c6977.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing.

My 10hr shifts are completely kicking my butt and I am only able to get about 7-8hrs a night. I definitely spend the chances I can getting a good nap in.

I'm getting a little concerned about going from sleeping thru the night to being up with a newborn. I'm glad to hear that overall you're getting into the swing of things. It gives me hope :) I think taking my full twelve weeks maternity leave with be extremely helpful.

I was diagnosed when we were TTC, so I was never put on anything. I'm going to call my PCP and get a new referral in process since we were TTC for about four years so I'm sure I'll need to re-establish care.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I'm so sorry! My older sister has narcolepsy, and I don't know how she managed, but has a gorgeous 8 yearl old now. She was on medication for it though so she was not able to bf. Maybe that's how she was able to sleep. I wish you luck!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wow, I'm so sorry! My older sister has narcolepsy, and I don't know how she managed, but has a gorgeous 8 yearl old now. She was on medication for it though so she was not able to bf. Maybe that's how she was able to sleep. I wish you luck!!

:D Thanks! I feel like it will be a learning experience!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"