Cloth Diapering
Options

Wool?

I'm looking to buy my first wool cover and I have a few questions. I definitely want to go the inexpensive route, but good quality of course. Which covers do you recommend? I see Woollybottoms mentioned a lot. I've also browsed Etsy and found some really cute ones from Myecobaby. Does anyone have any experience with those? What else will I need to buy? Wool wash, lanolin? What are your favorite brands of those? I think I read that Woollybottoms come lanolized, so I really don't have to do anything with them before first use?

Does anyone have a link to good washing/care instructions for wool?

Re: Wool?

• Options
    I can't help you on inexpensive wool options because I have only used Kissakuvs and Sloomb.  They both work great for me.  I think most will covers will work great as long as they are lanolized properly (a lot of lanolin!).  I would lanolize any wool you receive even if it came pre-lanolized.  I use Eucalin wool wash and Lansinoh lanolin.  Here's a great step by step procedure for washing and lanolizing wool: https://paddedtushstats.com/2013/03/06/the-quick-and-easy-way-to-wash-and-lanolize-wool-cloth-diaper-covers/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I have a cute cover off Etsy, but it's too thin to use at night. I use Sloomb for night. Which aren't cheap. As for wash and lanolin I use CJ's Wool Wash and Sheepish Grins lanolin (either liquid or solid). I also use the CJ's sprits to use when it needs a little boost between washings.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like green mountain diapers for information on cleaning and care. I have purchased disana wool from amazon and eBay for fairly cheap.
  • Options
    I would think the cheapest options might be to make your own, either by upcycling a wool sweater or if you knit or crochet.

I just finished knitting one that took 7/10 of a £6 hank, which is about $9. So materials cost me about $6.30, and the rest is labor which I don't track.
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone!

• Options
    Tonight is our inaugural run of our myecobaby cover--I'll let you know how it goes. I can say she shipped my cover and longies out super fast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"