March 2014 Moms

I hate the no deli meat rule

I want an italian sub from Papa Ginos with lettuce, tomato, oil and vinegar
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I hate the no deli meat rule

• Go get it. You're just as likely to gets steric from fresh fruits and veggies. I've been cravings subs too and it's delicious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can say I have been eating subs like crazy.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So eat it. As long as you are eating food from a reputable place your chances of getting sick are low. I haven't stopped eating deli meat and I don't plan to. I had Jimmy John's last night. Delish.
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • My understanding was that it's fine as long as it's heated or toasted and not eaten in bulk.
  • i dont see the problem. eat it. I have had hundreds and hundreds of subs in my life and I have NEVER once got listeria. I have had several subs since being pregnant. Dont eat from a sketchy place and enjoy

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• now i want a sub.... at 8 in the morning.... i wish i had a jimmy johns near me 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • ^^^ You are missing out!! They are sooo good! When you travel, find one!
    Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Go eat it. My doc said it was absolutely fine and didnt have to be heated
  • Eat it...I ignore half the things they say you shouldn't eat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If everyone was getting Listeria from every chain sub place, I would imagine those places would have been out of business a long time ago.

Don't eat at nasty dirty restaurants or the sketchy food truck... or the Subway by my house (seriously, I am not sure how this place stays open, it's so dirty).

My doctor told me to just use common sense and that if it really worried me to zap it in the microwave (umm eww, no thanks). The only thing I stopped doing was buying my own since I have a tendency to not eat it all within a few days and I hate wasting food. That's OK though, Jimmie John's has been seeing me a little more often. YUM!

• Do it, do it! I can't survive without deli meat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • natfelts said:
    My understanding was that it's fine as long as it's heated or toasted and not eaten in bulk.
    This. Unless you're eating 5 subs a day (and even then you'd probably be fine) you really don't have much to worry about. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The Publix near my house found Listeria in their bakery cakes. I've definitely heard of it found more in foods other than deli meat.
  • The Publix near my house found Listeria in their bakery cakes. I've definitely heard of it found more in foods other than deli meat.

They have the best subs!
  • With all the posts lately on deli meat I went and looked it up on the CDC website. They say around 1600 people per year in the US get listeria. It is a hugely big deal, because even healthy people can die from it, but 1600 people out of 40ish million? The odds are SO small.

And the last three major outbreaks came from cantaloupe and unpasteurized cheeses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have had deli meat and I did have an Italian sub the other day. But I wouldn't get one from a chain restaurant.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • jazzyexpo said:

The Publix near my house found Listeria in their bakery cakes. I've definitely heard of it found more in foods other than deli meat.

They have the best subs!
    Yes, they definitely do! There is literally a Publix at the end of my neighborhood so we get them all the time!

They have the best subs!
    Yes, they definitely do! There is literally a Publix at the end of my neighborhood so we get them all the time!
    I miss publix subs :(

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• The last time I went to jersey mikes they asked me "weren't you here yesterday?"
  • I had the Italian sub from Publix ! Yummmmmm
  • So eat it then. I eat deli meat almost every day and my babies and I are fine.

I've never seen a Jimmy Johns here in San Diego. Sads.

| R 11/22/12  |  L 03/14/14 |
  • My menu for the first 3 days of school was ham and cheese with iceberg lettuce on a bulky + cape cod chips + coke zero. Yummmmmmm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"