October 2013 Moms
Options

***SATURDAY TICKER CHANGE***

1. How many weeks are you and what size is baby? 2. How are you feeling this week? 3. Any fun plans for Labor Day weekend? 4. What is your biggest fear about raising a child?
 Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ***SATURDAY TICKER CHANGE***

• Options
    1. 35 weeks and the size of a honeydew! 2. We had a nasty heat wave here. It's consistently been in the high 70's low 80's almost all summer and this past week it was pushing mid 90's. The heat was just absolutely miserable. I only had to deal with it to and from my car at work but that was defintely enough for me!!! Sleep is getting a little better but still up 3 or more times to pee. The insides of my ankles are starting to hurt but that's just from the extra weight I'm carrying around. BH are still ridiculous at night. they're getting stronger and coming on more frequently. 3. No solid plans but I think we'll be running some errands this morning, head to my parents this afternoon, have them watch DS for the night so we can go see a cover band we used to watch in college then go back to my parents tomorrow for the big Labor Day parade my hometown has every year. We'll try to go boating on Monday since that seems like the only day this weekend that there's not a chance of rain! I've got lots of laundry to do and some final touches on the nursery. I need to pack my hospital back too since we'll be approaching full term in 2 weeks! 3. I'm always super nervous of protecting my child. For example, when we're on the boat, I get tnervous that DS might fall into the water (obviously has a life jacket on) but my fear is set aside because I'm right there. that night i'll have horrible, vivid dreams of DS fallin in the water with no jacket on and us not being able to get to him.
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1) 33 weeks, size of a durian (no idea what a durian is!)

2) feeling mostly okay. It gets harder and harder to stay comfortable at night because my hips end up hurting. Fortunately, I have a snuggly beagle who makes a good heating pad :)

3) no big plans for the weekend. I'm supposed to get together with some friends for lunch tomorrow. I'd like to spend today and maybe Monday up on some of the cleaning I've been putting off. I might try to go shopping at some point for some of the baby and postpartum stuff we still need (which is almost everything. I feel like I'm so far behind!)

4) my biggest fear right now is how we're possible going to make everything work and keep on some kind of schedule for the baby once I'm back at work. I'll be going back right when my busy season is started and I usually work a lot if overtime.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you and what size is baby?
    34 weeks, a butternut squash

2. How are you feeling this week?
    Pretty good! I'm ready for these 100+ degree days to break, but it's not so bad.

3. Any fun plans for Labor Day weekend?
    Just house projects and catching up with friends. It will be nice to have DH home for an extra day!

4. What is your biggest fear about raising a child?
    Mostly things that are out of my control. Watching DD grow into her own amazing little person over the last three years has been such a great thing, most of my fears about things i have control over have gone.

My biggest fear this time around might be having DD feel slighted or resentful towards her brother, though I know that is likely inevitable and a natural part of the process.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    34 weeks and the size of a butternut squash!

I'm not sleeping well due to almost hourly bathroom trips and/or hip pain that requires me to roll over.  Other than that just general discomfort but nothing major.  More than anything i'm just getting impatient.  I dont know how I can possibly wait another 6ish weeks to meet her!

I'm excited that college football starts this weekend, but we dont really have any real plans to speak of.  DH's fantasy league decided to hold their draft tomorrow so it kind of put a damper on doing anything big.

Having the energy, time and patience she needs and deserves.  I know it will come but I'm always in awe of mom's who seem to have and endless supply of these things. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1) 32 weeks, squash 

2) Feeling ok this week actually, just increased insomnia.  i seem to alternate a good week and bad week as far as aches and pains lately. 

3) I have my SPRINKLE today lolol

4) i am most worried about how my 4 year old will handle all of this. i am very worried about him feeling hurt or left out. =/  

• Options
         35 Weeks and Baby is the size of a honeydew.

I have the worst sore throat and no voice, but other than that I am feeling alright. 

Date night with DH tonight.  It has been so long.  DS is staying off with friends. Also,   we are hitting up Labor Day Sales to finish up our baby shopping. Oh yea and Fantasy Football Draft today at 4.

I'm a STM so I don't have a lot of the fears I had the first time around.  I'm still petrified of the terrible things that could go wrong (like SIDS, etc.) .  Also, I have had DS as an only child for nearly 11 years so I fear raising two now and having them each have the attention  they need.

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you and what size is baby?  35 weeks...size of a coconut or according to last nights ultrasound 6lbs

2. How are you feeling this week? Exhausted and currently have a head cold :-( and sore in places I didn't think could get sore. I'm ready for baby to just come.

3. Any fun plans for Labor Day weekend? Went to the local farmers market, planning to can pickles with my husband, grocery shop, prep some meals, maybe take the boat out, visit the ILs at their campsite for dinner, and then visit the Minnesota State Fair on Monday with my husband and sister.

4. What is your biggest fear about raising a child? The financial aspect. This is our first child and the next big step in mine and my husbands relationship. I'm positive everything will be fine, but it's like when you go out and buy your first car or home. It's all new to you. We've been setting aside money for daycare and buying diapers early on hoping to be semi-prepped by the time baby decides to make its arrival. 

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/346q8v4.jpg[/IMG]

~Melissa~       

• Options
    1. 32. Squash

2. Extra nauseous, not sleeping well, headaches!

3. Unfortunately DH is sick and working all day today, and tomorrow, and we both work on Monday. Only good thing about that is its my last day at that job AND Ill be makin double pay for the holiday.

4. Maybe finances? And not having everything I need for the baby.
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    mrambo3 said:

So late today! Ive been cleaning since I woke up .
    33weeks! Durian fruit, which are actually quite large.
    Feeling alright, large, tired, swollen, but positive about the next 5/6 weeks.
    Uhm more cleaning and work monday.
    I am soooo afraid that she won't feel as loved as she already is.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"