January 2014 Moms
Options

Shower Invite timing?

MorenajulietMorenajuliet member
edited August 2013 in January 2014 Moms
My mom is hosting our baby shower which is great, I really appreciate it. The shower is scheduled for Nov. 9th. I had asked about the invites and when they might be out. To make a long story short I really don't feel like my mom is excited to put on the shower which is sad because we're close and I thought she would be. She's said the invites would be out by the end of September. (she's writing them all by hand- I hate that she's making so much work for herself by doing it that way but she refuses to order them or type them up) I feel anxious about only having them out to people a month in advanced, I feel like I've always received mine two months in advance. This gives me enough time to order from someones registry online in my time. Is a month in advance a reasonable amount of time? 
            January Siggy Challenge

Praying for our May15 baby!          January 2014- Welcome Sweet Kimber!
image     image

Re: Shower Invite timing?

• Options
    I've always heard 4-6 weeks as the proper timeframe for invites to go out

dx with anovulatory PCOS 2005
    off bcp 11/11
    a few rounds of clomid and femara... no response.
    injectables/IUI 12/12... BFN
    Feb 13 IVF cycle converted down to IUI due to low follicle response... BFFN
    one last IVF attempt April/May 2013: 19 retrieved. 10 fertilized. 2 transferred in a 3dt. 4 frosties... BFP!!
    EDD: 1/21/14... Induced early at 36+6. Our little girl was born 12/30/13

surprise pregnancy with baby #2!  EDD: 8/30/16

• Options
    If they'll only be ready for end of Oct, and the shower is Nov 9, then that's only a couple of weeks (or could be as little as 10 days!). I would say they need to be out closer to the end of Sept...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My shower invites went out 4.5 weeks before the shower. I have also heard the 4-6 weeks. I think 2 months is too far out - people sometimes forget events like that if they get the invites too far in advance :)
  • Options
    OK, well the situation isn't as dire as I made it because while I meant to write 'end of September' I think my brain was thinking, that's almost 'October'. Mom's planning on getting the invites out by the end of SEPTEMBER- sorry I messed that up above and just corrected it now. From what I'm seeing 4-6 weeks is acceptable so I guess our 5 week turnaround is okay. Guess I'm being pushy, good to know. Thanks ladies!
                January Siggy Challenge

image     image
  • Options
    I think a month is fine. If someone decides to order something and they don't have enough tim to receive it before the shower then they can always have it shipped straight to the address that's on your registry. I had a few people do that for my wedding. One gave me a card at my shower that said that the present had been shipped directly to me and to keep an eye out for it. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    I agree with pp, 4-6 weeks. I recently received a baby shower invite that was about 7 or so weeks out, put it on my bulletin board and promptly forgot about it till someone reminded me I didn't RSVP!
  • Options
    My shower is that weekend as well and my mom is going to send them out the last week of September (23rd). That gives people plenty of time to save the date and ensures they don't forget.

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Options
    My shower is Nov. 9th too! My bffs are hosting and they are sending out invites towards the end of September which will be about 7/6 weeks in advance. If it makes you feel better why not suggest to your mom to send them a little bit earlier? You can always use the fact that it's a holiday weekend as an excuse as to why she may want to send them out a little sooner.
  • Options
    Good stuff, thank you ladies! Maybe when we get around shower time we can share some photos! I'd love to see/share photos of themes/decor, etc!
                January Siggy Challenge

image     image
  • Options
    I think that sounds reasonable.  I've had even shorter notice than that for showers and parties.  If there are certain people you really want to be there, you could even mention it to them in advance to make sure they save the date.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Two of my showers are the two weekends before that...lol!  I know one is doing evite cause thats just the GS way of getting in touch with everyone, however I have no clue about the others!

I think the end of Sept sounds good, in fact isnt kinda crazy how fast that seems to be coming up...eeek!
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"