Preemies

Wonder Weeks for preemies?

Hi all,

I haven't posted much here (things seem to get busier and busier as LO get bigger and bigger), so I apologize for just posting a selfish question.

My Mom's group is all obsessing about the Wonder Weeks app and I've resisted buying it because I'm just not sure how it works with preemies.  I know it's supposed to calculate off of EDD but I feel that in some ways, LO's close to actual age and in others, closer to adjusted.  Do any of you have the app or the book?  Is it even close?
Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Wonder Weeks for preemies?

• Thanks!  I really could go ahead and buy the app (I really am that cheap that I'm resisting spending 2 whole dollars) and see if I can adjust it for him.  

I think my resistance is also partly because I am finally just starting to get over my jealousy of term babies and I could see this exacerbating it.  I think I just talked myself into buying it.  I want to challenge myself to get the eff over it already.  Enough avoiding this, resenting that.  That's done.   

I just re-read what I wrote and I sound like a crazy person.  I swear, I'm only crazy part-time.
    Kim 

• Yeah, DD was born at 36 weeks, and things seem a little off. From what I can tell, she's meeting physical milestones (like head control) based on her birth date, but cognitive/social ones (like smiling) based on her due date. She has had some fussy periods that coincide with the app, but the skills don't really seem to match. I dunno. I find it useful as a check-in re: where she might be, but not super helpful from a timing perspective.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That's really helpful gulickr.  Thanks!  I downloaded it and am will be watching in the coming weeks how (or if) things line up at all.
    Kim 

• I'm late to this, but I have the app and a 27 weeker who is now 15mo. I've noticed that he's usually right with the stormy weeks, but the skills gained during those times might take longer to show up. If that makes sense.
    My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I bought the app because it was highly suggested for me. I doubted it's accuracy because like you I thought DS (30 weeker) fell all over the bored between his birth date and his due date. I used it with an open mind and he usually seemed to have fussy periods within a week or so of what they predicted. It was at least nice to see what kind of skills they would expect his adjusted age to start working on or being able to do.

• Thanks for this feedback! According to the app, we've got 22 days until he's out of this leap.  Oy.  He's definitely cranky lately but his reflux is also bad right now and he hasn't pooped for 2 weeks.  I'd be cranky too!  I guess we'll see if he's suddenly a peach in 23 days!
    Kim 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"