February 2014 Moms
Options

diaper bags

I know it's still early, heck we don't even know if were having a little boy or girl yet... but what are you all thinking about as for as diaper bags? We don't have any little ones in my family, so not only am I a FTM, I also don't have much experience with baby items. :) What brand diaper bag have you either gotten or are thinking about getting? What are the popular brands? I want something very trendy and something DH can carry around too that isn't all pinky or anything! Thanks in advance guys :)
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: diaper bags

• Options
    I'm going to be getting the Vera Bradly Make A Change Baby Bag in black. I've read some great reviews on here from STMs in similar posts, and my SIL has a 50% discount so OT won't be too pricy.
  • Options
    We use a black Jeep backpack diaper bag. I like that if it's heavy, both shoulders support it instead of one. Also, DH carries it with no issue (it's just plain black, and because it's really designed to be a diaper bag it has all the pockets we need.

J. Jackson

Feb '14 March Siggy Challenge: Face Slaps

Daisypath - (SVGA)
    Lilypie - (xd4F)
    Lilypie - (jQcs)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ill have to look into both of those. Thanks ladies :)

• Options
    A coworker sells Thirty One bags and I'm thinking about getting one of them. They don't scream baby too much.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are digging out the huge bag we got from Walmart. It cost $20 bucks, has a crap ton of pockets and I put baby shit covers in it. Not fancy, but super cute.

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    I'm picking up a vintage canvas backpack I found. I wanted something Dad could carry too. He wouldn't have blinked at pastel pink for a girl but I like the support of a backpack. I found inserts online that will go in the main large compartment to give us dividers. I like this idea for Dad and because it can grow with baby. This is what I did last time and it worked really well for us.
  • Options
    I got a stork ask (Tania) with DD. it is a dark slightly metallic blue, and I loooove it. For DH, we got a skip hop duo. That is the one that gets used most because he is SAHD, but I find it to be too small.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a baby bee bag and lived it its big and never had a problem with it. I also have a Vera Bradley bad I liked it but it was a bit small.
  • Options
    Has anyone heard of the pacapod bags? They have two separate 'pods' inside them one for nappies and wipes, one insulated for bottles and food. These can be taken out of the bag when you only need them or placed back in the bag for longer trips out- thought that v handy.
  • Options
    i got a vera bradley on sale. my sister loves hers. I might also do a back pack

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    Audsx said:
    Has anyone heard of the pacapod bags? They have two separate 'pods' inside them one for nappies and wipes, one insulated for bottles and food. These can be taken out of the bag when you only need them or placed back in the bag for longer trips out- thought that v handy.
    Those look great, but I can't find a US website that sells them.  No idea what the conversion rate from British pounds would be.  Any thoughts on where we could purchase in the US?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in Ireland saw them on Irish website www.cherishme.ie starting at about 100 euro. I do like the look of them though.
  • Options
    megash113 said:

There was a thread on this maybe last week? You might want to dig a little bit - you'll get a lot more answers that way. (For the record, I'm probably getting a NY Giants one whether its a boy or girl.)

I did do some digging, couldn't find anything! I will dig some more though.

• Options
    ziggy903 said:

Think about what type you need too- if you plan on baby wearing, you need a backpack style. If you plan on cloth diapering, you need a larger one. And don't think about the baby's sex- the diaper bag(in my opinion) is something for YOU. Not the baby. Get a pink and flowery one, its your bag you'll have to carry around.
    DH wants a smaller one all to himself, and doesn't see himself wearing baby, so he's been looking at regular messenger bags that we can put pocket inserts in. He won't need it often, but he will occasionally.
    I want to baby wear, so I need a backpack one, and it needs to be quite roomy since we plan on cloth diapering and we do a lot of day trips to my parents house. I'm mostly looking at Vera Bradley(haven't seen in person to see if its big enough) and just at the store in the regular purses/backpacks. If they market it as a diaper bag, they're going to charge you am arm and a leg. Consider a large purse with a pocket insert.
    (Also, the Vera Bradley ones are nice because you can throw them in the washing machine. That's what I love about them)

Thank you so much for your help! I never thought about it before but it is my bag, so I'm going to do something I like. :) Never thought about doing a backpack if I carry baby- so many decisions! Thanks again though, your post have me a lot to ponder!

• Options
    Thanks so much ladies! My research is now cut out for me as I research all the bags you all mentioned! Happy Saturday! :)

• Options
    I love the Kate Spade diaper bags. They might be a bit more than most but if you go to an outlet you can get them on sale for less than $100. For me it was a splurge with my first but you know what, I have carried that bag every single day for more than 2 years! So.... this time I'm after the nylon style black and white polka dot Kate Spade. Your husband can always get his own ;)

My Blog (that is not really about eating in the shower)
  • Options
    I love bags and ended up with 3 of them for DS.  I love my Black Kate Spade Stevie bag, VERY roomy and looks more like a pocketbook than a diaper bag.  Since I wanted DH to feel comfortable incase he went out with DS I also bought a black skip hop bag and used that for trips to the zoo, park. etc.  I also ended up buying a silver Timi & Leslie bag because I was tired of the other black ones.  I'd go to the store and try on a few bags and see what feels right.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got a few for my shower and it was great. Get a larger one for long trips (visits more than 2 hours) and a smaller one for short trips (going to grocery store, etc) and a backpack for if we are doing outdoorsy. I only registered for the big one but so glad other moms got me the other ones too, lol. Not totally necessary but very convenient.
  • Options
    For my twins I just had a $20 Walmart bag that worked great. Last year I started carrying a backpack instead of a purse and I love it I will get a backpack diaper bag this time
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"