Stay at Home Moms
Options

S/o what to call people

If you did not take your H's name or you hyphenate do you correct people when they call you Mrs. H's last name?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/o what to call people

• Options
    I go by H's name so this doesnt exactly apply to me. However, I never changed my name with social security, but I changed my driver's license, credit cards and pretty much everything else. Pretty much the only time I use my maiden name is on tax returns (even though they are joint). In Louisiana you could legally use either name. Technically, H could use my name too (Louisiana law is odd). Now that we've moved states I have to change my name with social security to get a new driver's license. I'm kind of sad to give that up.

• Options
    I kept my maiden name, only because DH's is long and confusing to everyone. Nobody can ever say it, much less spell it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is hyphenated, and I never think anything of people calling me Mrs. O....., because we married and I am a misses. My DL is hyphenated, but I have yet to change my dental license or social security (2 years later...whoops!).
  • Options
    juliane2004juliane2004 member
    edited August 2013
    Kept my own name, and I correct probably 95% of the time.

Once DH was called Mr. (mylastname). It was funny.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"