October 2013 Moms
Options

Mamaroo envy

Saw it at BRU today and it totally suckered me in. I want to take back the snugabunny swing and get it!

On a side note: I can't believe they charge an additional $50 just for a softer fabric in the seat!

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

Re: Mamaroo envy

• Options
    We bought one because my friend had one and I thought it was cool until my FI was putting it together and one of the pieces just snapped off! We returned it and got a graco one for 100$ cheaper. I feel like it does the same things and they are only using it for a few months!
  • Options
    @carawasa I keep telling myself in a few months well be packing it away anyway, but its so pretty!

@carriet I'm not going to lie the snugabunny was a sad site to see when we came home. I just keep telling myself he would prob hate it anyway

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Check Craigslist!! I got mine for $100 there! You can even buy a new seat cover if you're worried about germs!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We ended up getting one as a gift. The first one was faulty though and kept making a clicking/grinding sound every time it swung to the right. 4 moms had wanted me to send a video to them...it was only a week old so I exchanged it at BBB. Just a heads up though if you do buy one, the soft version comes with a 1 year warranty from the time of purchase and the older model (The canvas looking seat) comes with only a 6 month warranty.

The reason we wanted one is because we live in a townhome with very little extra room and felt the mamaroo would allow us to avoid getting the snuggabunny swing and bouncer. But if I hadn't gotten it as a gift, I was planning on buying one second hand. Craigslist usually has them and like hamlett17 said, you can always purchase the soft cover or new seat cover directly through 4moms.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/346q8v4.jpg[/IMG]

~Melissa~       

• Options
    I want one!! Our neonatologists just bought 2 more for our babies, and I was sooo close to walking out with one haha :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    tmccord21 said:

I turn it on every few days so the dogs get used to it. I wish I could fit in it cause its amazing.

Haha I do the same thing. My dog is terrified of our jumperoo but he is not freaked out by the Mamaroo at all. I love it and can't wait to put LO in it. DH and I keep joking we wish they made them for adults lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Checked Craigslist and in my area people are trying to get $150 for the older model which I think is a rip off.

DH doesn't want to take apart the swing we have and I would do it but I literally break everything I touch. I'm gonna have to go the space angle on this one, we live in a condo.

I know it's stupid to go to this much trouble for a swing we will use for 6 months, but but but I just want it, that's my only argument.

• Options
    I bought the one with the black cover the other day at BBB. It was 199 - 20% coupon. Ends up costings the same as one of the bulkier swings that we looked at.

Something else to think about the one that retails $199 has a sound machine but not MP3 ability like the other one that retails at $239.
  • Options
    Can u change the balls on there? We r having a girl and I feel it is boyish. If yes, where?
  • Options
    anamouse said:
    Ulinemm said:
    We ended up getting one as a gift. The first one was faulty though and kept making a clicking/grinding sound every time it swung to the right. 4 moms had wanted me to send a video to them...it was only a week old so I exchanged it at BBB. Just a heads up though if you do buy one, the soft version comes with a 1 year warranty from the time of purchase and the older model (The canvas looking seat) comes with only a 6 month warranty.

The reason we wanted one is because we live in a townhome with very little extra room and felt the mamaroo would allow us to avoid getting the snuggabunny swing and bouncer. But if I hadn't gotten it as a gift, I was planning on buying one second hand. Craigslist usually has them and like hamlett17 said, you can always purchase the soft cover or new seat cover directly through 4moms.
    It's not the different fabrics it's the different years....

Plainly put: the warranty is for one year (for 2012 models) or six months (for 2011 models) from the date you purchase a mamaRoo, covers repair or replacement if there are problems, and is only valid in the country where the mamaRoo is purchased.
    Ah! Sorry about that. Thanks for correcting me :-) 

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/346q8v4.jpg[/IMG]

~Melissa~       

• Options
    RebC1981 said:

I bought the one with the black cover the other day at BBB. It was 199 - 20% coupon. Ends up costings the same as one of the bulkier swings that we looked at.

Something else to think about the one that retails $199 has a sound machine but not MP3 ability like the other one that retails at $239.
    We put the silver plush Mamaroo on our Amazon registry and that is the one my aunt bought us, off the registry... It has 5 motion abilities plus sound, and also can plug in my iPhone and play Pandora/whatever. It was $199 on Amazon. Not sure if it's the 2011 or 2012 model? It's not the new one BBB displays with the
    spots, just plain silver with the colorful mobile thingy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    They only offer the balls in one style since I checked last. You can order all replacement balls, covers, etc on their website. 

• Options
    AlexandrapAlexandrap member
    edited August 2013
    Lots of consignment shops carry them for much more reasonable prices than Craigslist. I swear the people on Craigslist think that they are selling gold. Anyway, I saw 2 at out local consignment for 70 a piece in very good condition. They were the silver and black ones. Same ones on Craigslist I saw for 150-175.
  • Options
    Lots of consignment shops carry them for much more reasonable prices than Craigslist. I swear the people on Craigslist think that they are selling gold. Anyway, I saw 2 at out local consignment for 70 a piece in very good condition. They were the silver and black ones. Same ones on Craigslist I saw for 150-175.

You should buy them and sell them on Craigslist! You could make quite a profit!
  • Options
    RebC1981 said:

I didn't even look at the MP3 thing with the second one. The original did both, but we never used the MP3 hook up. I got the $199 again (which is what they were when they came out the first time in 2010). 
    I will have to double check mine. I did not open it yet. I don't plan on using MP3 on it anyway but if it has it= that is cool :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"