May 2012 Moms

WWYD?

DH isn't home. When I spoke to him this morning he said he would be home around 5. It's now 8 and he's not home. I'm sure he just got stuck in the or, but my mind is starting to wander to the what if something happened. Normally he texts or calls if he is going to be this late. Also, he was on call last night and didn't sleep, so that's not keeping my mind from thinking of awful things. I think his phone must have died. When I called at 630 it went through and at 730 it went straight to voice mail. My only option would be to page him. I hate paging him. I've only done it twice in 5 years.  If he is in the or a nurse will answer and I'll feel really stupid. I don't even know what I would say that wouldn't be embarrassing. This also assumes they call me back correctly. The one time I paged him they didn't call my number back correctly. If they don't call back I'll freak out. There will be no holding back my crazy thoughts. At what point would you page? What would you say if a nurse answered?

Re: WWYD?

• I personally would page at the 4 hour mark. It sounds like he is pretty good about getting in touch if he is going to be late so I would be concerned to. It's probably nothing but I would rather feel stupid than continue to worry. It's not like you do this all the time so I'm sure he won't be upset if you have him paged.
  • I'd just ask the nurse if it was possible to speak to him by name.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd page and if the nurse answers I'd be honest .. " I don't mean to be that crazy wife but insert name always lets me know if he's going to be this late and I've started to worry"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I am a nurse in the OR and have returned countless pages from significant others and children. I'm hoping you've heard from him by now and everything is ok, but don't ever feel stupid paging and having a nurse call back. It's a minor interruption and most of us are happy to call back because we can put ourselves in your shoes.
  • keenie814 said:
    I am a nurse in the OR and have returned countless pages from significant others and children. I'm hoping you've heard from him by now and everything is ok, but don't ever feel stupid paging and having a nurse call back. It's a minor interruption and most of us are happy to call back because we can put ourselves in your shoes.
    Thanks! That makes me feel better about calling. Turns out his phone died and he asked someone else to call and let me know. That person got busy and forgot. Ugh.
  • I'm glad everything was okay :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"