Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Hitting her leg while nursing?

A few months ago she got into the habit of tapping/hitting the side of her leg when she starts nursing. She tends to hit pretty hard but I wasn't concerned until someone mentioned possible overactive nerves? I had never heard of this before, so I'm not sure if it's a big deal or not. She also still quivers her lip quite a bit when she eats. I know that's supposedly normal at first, but I'm not sure when it's supposed to go away?  We already have a doctors appointment on the 11th, do you think it's okay to wait until then to bring it up? I mean she's gone this long just fine, and for all I know she just likes tapping out rhythms lol.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hitting her leg while nursing?

• DD hits herself AND me when she's nursing.  She's become such a wiggle worm lately.  I've also started getting kicked in the shoulders/face.  I think a lot of it is 1) excitement because they love to nurse, and 2) they just have a hard time being still at this age.  I would say if she's been doing it a few months, there's absolutely no problem with waiting until the 11th.
  • DD pulls her hair a little now and her arm moves around alot. Feeding has become quite the event! Ask your ped tho if your concerned, though..
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Loading the player...
  • DS does not hold still either. He hits my boob ALOT and hard! He will also hit himself and kick the chair arm lol...totally normal!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • DD kicks her highchair and us when we feed. Totally normal though I agree with PP if your concerned bring it up on the 11th with your dr. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"