July 2013 Moms
Options

Mastitis Question

Any mamas have mastitis? How long did it take to clear up? How long for the fever to go down?

Just got the diagnosis and feeling like shit.
Me: 38, DH: 35
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Mastitis Question

• Options
    I'm sorry. Mastitis sucks so bad.

I did with DS3. I was on antibiotics for 10 days, but was feeling much better within a few days after starting on them. I didn't have a lot of pain in my breast, but I was so sick and had a high fever when I finally went in the see my OB.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mine showed up in the middle of the night. I called the OB and got meds that next morning and felt way better by the following morning. My MIL came over and basically just brought LO to me to feed and handled everything else. I spent the rest of the time sleeping which I think helped a ton.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had it with my first. So sorry - it's awful. The fever broke & I felt better after 48 hrs on meds or so. Rest up.
  • Options
    I had a mild case, took a week to clear up entirely but only had a bad fever one day. Tynenol helped. Feel better!
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    Within 12 hours the meds kicked in and within 24 hours symptoms were better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, this is hopeful that I'll feel better over the weekend. I'm already feeling better than yesterday's misery. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, especially a new mom!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    halij52002halij52002 member
    edited August 2013
    Had gotten an RX for 7 days. I had fever, hot/cold sweats and some tenderness in both breasts (only in certain spots). Literally felt like the flu. Good luck. Took me about 3-4 days to get rid of the fever. Odd though, I'd only get it at certain times of the day.

• Options
    bobceebobcee member
    edited August 2013
    I had it twice with DD. The first time was worse but both times I would say I felt exponentially better within 24-48 hrs of starting the antibiotics.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"