May 2013 Moms
Options

DH/In-laws vent

So my in-laws have been visiting all week. I known its selfish but I honestly would have rather him gone to daycare. Monday I stayed home so no big deal. Thursday n today DH was off so here at home too. J is a boob man and doesn't like the bottle but will take when he has to. MIL has had a hard time all week getting him to rake the bottle. I call today about 11 and asked how he was doing today. DH said I don't know let me ask my mom. She was just then warming up his bottle. I last fed him before leaving for work at 7. Four hours without milk. I was so mad I just told DH OK whatever and hung up. Fortunately I got off work early and got home before 2. He's only had 3 ozs since this morning. I just finished feeding J and now he's taking a nap because his belly is finally full. Thank goodness tody is Friday and they leave tomorrow. Am I wrong for being so upset?
Mobile bumping so sorry for any typos.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DH/In-laws vent

• Options
    I don't think they would purposely do anything to hurt him and if he was crying and very unhappy I'm sure they would have tried everything to make him happy. Biggest thing is that he is OK. I guess even though it's not always the way we would do it, doesn't mean it isn't right.I wouldn't make too big of a fuss, maybe mention it casually . But since they are leaving tomorrow maybe just let it go.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Was he crying for food? If he wasn't, maybe she didnt think he was hungry. My baby is EBF and will occasionally go that long between feeds.
    If he had been crying and she didnt offer a bottle, then I would be upset with her. But if he hasn't been acting hungry, I would think it's NBD.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jayro10 said:
    Was he crying for food? If he wasn't, maybe she didnt think he was hungry. My baby is EBF and will occasionally go that long between feeds. If he had been crying and she didnt offer a bottle, then I would be upset with her. But if he hasn't been acting hungry, I would think it's NBD.
    This.  My LO sometimes goes 4 hours without seeming hungry even if I'm with her. No one will take care of your baby exactly how you do. 
  • Options
    jayro10 said:

Was he crying for food? If he wasn't, maybe she didnt think he was hungry. My baby is EBF and will occasionally go that long between feeds.
    If he had been crying and she didnt offer a bottle, then I would be upset with her. But if he hasn't been acting hungry, I would think it's NBD.

Little dude goes that long sometimes too.

That being said I can't stand my MIL so I get where you are coming from. I don't care how great her intentions are, she drives me nuts and I don't trust her alone with baby.
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"