Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Predicament (nursing at bedtimes/transition to milk)

I've tried to figure this out on my own, but I'm hoping you ladies can help.  My 1 year old is down to 3 bottles a day.  Naptimes and bedtime.  He's used to getting changed, rocked with a bottle, cuddled a bit, put in crib awake, and going to sleep.  Problem is recently I've tried switching from formula to cows milk and hes not having it.  I don't think he likes the taste and I've noticed it makes him spit up sometimes.  Should I just drop the bottles?  Try a different type of milk?  He gets plenty of dairy through yogurt and cheese.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Predicament (nursing at bedtimes/transition to milk)

• With DD (she was on BM bottles) I just started decreasing the amount in the bottles. Around 16 months she gave them up on her own and just stopped finishing them.
  • LO was pretty easy but this is what I did. For 4 days I mixed pumped milk half/half with almond milk. Then I moved to straight almond milk for one feeding a day (one of the middle day ones). Then I changed all her day feedings to sippy cups of almond milk. Then I changed morning feeding to that. And night feeding was last to go. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"