Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Night Weaning - up for 2 hours

My 9 month old wakes up to feed 1 or 2 times a night to feed.  I think he is just doing it out of habit, only nursing for a little while (10mins) until he fell back asleep.  I put him down awake to fall asleep for both nighttime and naps, but somehow we developed this MOTN issue.  So I decided to stop feeding him in the MOTN.  Last night, we were up for over 2 hours.   He wasn't crying just hanging out in his crib.  Did this happen to anyone else . .  . is there hope this will pass?

Re: Night Weaning - up for 2 hours

• Options
    Yes! It will. We weaned off MOTN feeds at 6 months, at the advice of the pedi. It took a couple weeks, but he STTN most nights now. If he wakes, he either chats to himself and puts himself back to sleep, or sometimes needs to be rocked back down. No MOTN feeds any more at all. Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm jealous! DD wakes 1-2 times a night and screams until we feed her. It can go on for hours if we try to ignore it. She's not hungry and only drinks a couple ounces but won't calm down until fed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is normal though for many babies to need to eat at night up to a year (and beyond for some). You could try pushing it later and later. And maybe offer more during the day, just to make sure he's not catching up with the night feedings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"