March 2014 Moms
Options

FB thing on abortion - WOW

McsweetsMcsweets member
edited August 2013 in March 2014 Moms
OK, I hate abortions - I'll just get that out there.  But, I saw this yesterday and it made me bawl :(

THE STORY OF AN UNBORN GIRL!!

Mommy,
Month One
I am only 8 inches long, but I have all my organs. I love the sound of your voice. Every time I hear it, I wave my arms and legs. The sound of your heart beat is my favorite lullaby.

Month Two… Mommy, today I learned how to suck my thumb. If you could see me, you could definitely tell that I am a baby. I’m not big enough to survive outside my home though. It is so nice and warm in here.

Month Three… You know what Mommy, I’m a girl! I hope that makes you happy. I always want you to be happy. I don’t like it when you cry. You sound so sad. It makes me sad too, and I cry with you even though you can’t hear me.

Month Four… Mommy, my hair is starting to grow. It is very short and fine, but I will have a lot of it. I spend a lot of my time exercising. I can turn my head and curl my fingers and toes, and stretch my arms and legs. I am becoming quite good at it too.

Month Five… You went to the doctor today. Mommy, he lied to you. He said that I’m not a baby. I am a baby Mommy, your baby. I think and feel. Mommy, what’s abortion?

Month Six… I can hear that doctor again. I don’t like him. He seems cold and heartless. Something is intruding my home. The doctor called it a needle. Mommy what is it? It burns! Please make him stop! I can’t get away from it! Mommy! Help me!

Month Seven… Mommy, I am okay. I am in God’s arms. He is holding me. He told me about abortion. Why didn’t you want me Mommy?

Every abortion is…
One more heart that was stopped.
Two more eyes that will never see.
Two more hands that will never touch.
Two more legs that will never run.
One more mouth that will never speak.

Edit: before responding please know I have already apologized to everyone who this hurt - several times. In my heart of hearts it was not meant to offend anyone, although I truly see how it could now. Dumb post on my part. Also, yes the facts are off (which we hopefully all know by now)
1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
2nd FET 6/14/2013
- BPF!!! -
1st Beta:
1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
Second u/s
7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
Third u/s
9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!

Re: FB thing on abortion - WOW

• Options
    good lord.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not touching this with a 10 foot pole. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    And if OP posted in someone's thread about abortion she would be granted the same respect to say it's insensitive and people should think twice? Prob not. My only point is that people need to stop trying so hard to be pc....you don't agree, say you don't agree.....but be even handed.
  • Options
    @mah0113, you're right, everyone has the right to their opinion. No one ripped her apart, in fact most of us have said we don't even want to talk about this. I don't think there are many women who "like" abortions, but believe it is up to the woman to make that decision. As far as you saying you can't force your values down someone's throat, that is pretty much precisely what OP has done with this post. Also I understand how women who are having trouble conceiving can be upset by this but you do not know a woman's reasoning. I think most women who are focused on their career are for the most part careful with birth control. Accidents happen, people get raped, sometimes a woman wants a baby very badly and finds out that that baby has no chance at surviving and makes the gut wrenching decision to end things early on, no one has the right to judge that woman for her decision. 

• Options
    No way I won't dirty delete, I'm not ashamed and not that girl.  But yes I understand everyone has their opinion - and nope not debating facts/feelings one way or another - nor would I judge someone for having one.  I titled the thread with the word abortion in it for those who might be sensitive to know not to open if you were on the topic. 
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    Second u/s
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

• Options
    I agree that there are cases like rape,etc and abortion is not a black an white issue. She is no more forcing her views down anyone's throat by posting this as someone that posts about their experience with abortion and why they did it. So if you allow one person to express themselves let the other side as well. If OP went into a thread about someone's experience with abortion and said something like "as someone tht is having trouble conceiving I really think this is insensitive" she would get CHEWED OUT and everyone knows it. That's my only point.
  • Options
    First of all, OP, many of those "facts" are wrong. An eight week old fetus barely has arms, much less can suck its thumb. Second of all the percentage of abortions done that late in pregnancy are very low. It's very rare, and of the ones that do happen then, the vast majority are done for medical reasons, not because the mom was pregnant for months and months and just decided she didn't want to be anymore. Late-term abortions are are usually done to a very much wanted pregnancy, and it is the hardest thing that the mother and father will ever go through. This is just so insensitive, I can't believe it.
    You are tooootally right much of the stuff is wrong.  Also right about late-term abortions.  Mass apology to anyone who felt this was insensitive - wasn't meant to be that way in any shape or form. 
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    Second u/s
    Third u/s

• Options
    The poem is sad but you must have known this would start an abortion debate. That being said I'm out.

Hi I'm Aria. Married in 2008. Baby G born 2011. Due March 25, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Please go to a Roe v Wade discussion website for this....I really don't think this kind of scrutiny belongs on the bump where women are supposed to be able to come for support...regardless of decisions they have made in the past.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    First of all, OP, many of those "facts" are wrong. An eight week old fetus barely has arms, much less can suck its thumb. Second of all the percentage of abortions done that late in pregnancy are very low. It's very rare, and of the ones that do happen then, the vast majority are done for medical reasons, not because the mom was pregnant for months and months and just decided she didn't want to be anymore. Late-term abortions are are usually done to a very much wanted pregnancy, and it is the hardest thing that the mother and father will ever go through. This is just so insensitive, I can't believe it.

This. I have no words.

Me: Endo, PCOS, septated uterus (mostly removed)

DH: perfect

Started TTC in June 2011

Baby boy born 3/17/2014

• Options
    Again, I repeat myself:

Mass apology to anyone who felt this was insensitive - this wasn't meant to be that way in any shape or form.

What more do you expect?  You're welcome to keep commenting, but I honestly can't do/say anything else.

I'm not deleting the post, nor would it matter thanks to @dotgirl2, it would keep hurting more people anyway.  I tried to title it appropriately to avoid people getting hurt.
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    Second u/s
    Third u/s

• Options

There was a beautiful young women in the New York area a while back, her baby was named and very much wanted. Late in her pregnancy, her doctors told her to abort. Told her that the baby would not live and would have horrible defects.  Because of folks with OP's opinions, her abortion could not take place in a hospital - there would be far too much protesting a medical procedure that her doctor's told her was necessary. Instead, she went, with the support of her entire family, to an abortion doctor who basically had her in a hotel, and she died.  BS like this is what keeps the medical community from performing these procedures safely - and I find that incredibly sad.

You have every right to be against abortion - but please think about that girl, and instead of blindly copying and pasting something from Facebook, take some time to learn the actual facts before you spread false stories and propaganda.  You don't help either side of the debate by doing that.  Your post makes your commitment to the pro life movement look about as serious as Pensatucky from Orange is the New Black. 

Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    rachbaby1 said:

There was a beautiful young women in the New York area a while back, her baby was named and very much wanted. Late in her pregnancy, her doctors told her to abort. Told her that the baby would not live and would have horrible defects.  Because of folks with OP's opinions, her abortion could not take place in a hospital - there would be far too much protesting a medical procedure that her doctor's told her was necessary. Instead, she went, with the support of her entire family, to an abortion doctor who basically had her in a hotel, and she died.  BS like this is what keeps the medical community from performing these procedures safely - and I find that incredibly sad.

You have every right to be against abortion - but please think about that girl, and instead of blindly copying and pasting something from Facebook, take some time to learn the actual facts before you spread false stories and propaganda.  You don't help either side of the debate by doing that.  Your post makes your commitment to the pro life movement look about as serious as Pensatucky from Orange is the New Black. 

That story makes me incredibly sad as well.  I probably shouldn't have made such a "blanket" statement - I was honestly just trying to keep it simple and reflect to the actual "poem" (if that's what we're calling it)  And the PP was right - saying "I hate abortions" - who "likes" them? Again, simple statement on my part for a large issue.  I don't know what I would do if I was in that situation if I was to be completely honest. 
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    Second u/s
    Third u/s

• Options
    OK, I tried really hard but I have to say one thing.  Don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes.  You have no idea why some women choose to abort but I'm sure coming to that decision is not easy.  I've not been in a difficult situation like this before and I feel that I have no right to judge anyone who has.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options

rockopera said:
    Again, I repeat myself:

Mass apology to anyone who felt this was insensitive - this wasn't meant to be that way in any shape or form.

What more do you expect?  You're welcome to keep commenting, but I honestly can't do/say anything else.

I'm not deleting the post, nor would it matter thanks to @dotgirl2, it would keep hurting more people anyway.  I tried to title it appropriately to avoid people getting hurt.
    So, what was its purpose? Just to shame all those terrible abortion-having whores out there? To try to make new crazy online friends who think that thing is a great representation of the pro-life movement? To look cool on the internets? Think before you post. Because this looks like it is meant to be inflammatory and hurtful. And it succeeded on both counts.
    My purpose (and what I thought when I read it) was aww I love my babies - and thought it was cool to read about the stages they were going through.  It wasnt until I got to the end when I realized it was about abortions - which is why I pre-warned people.  It shocked me.  I definitely see everyone's opinion and I was naive for doing it.  I feel like I've gotten to know quite a few of you ladies and NEVER want to hurt you.  I'm dumb and would take it back if I could.  It was a dumb move in the wrong place.
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    Second u/s
    Third u/s

• Options
    Laura8388 said:

Please stop.

This is something we will NEVER all agree on.

Keep the drama AWAY from our board please!

Agreed! and to add I find the poem with false facts to be a little annoying !
  • Options
    Yes this is silly unneeded drama. To post something on abortion on a board for excited pregnant women is just asking for trouble and a completely inappropriate thing to do, regardless of free speech. If you don't want the drama- delete it!
  • Options
    I just don't understand... do they know how few abortions are done at SIX MONTHS along? At 24 weeks practically no one is getting an abortion because they want to. Not to mention all the crap in the poem is medically inaccurate. I hate when drivel like this gets posted on facebook, because people actually end up believing its true. Where is that gif of Jesus Crist tapdancing on a cracker?
    This one?
    Hi I'm Aria. Married in 2008. Baby G born 2011. Due March 25, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. Am I the only one who noticed that fetuses aren't 8 inches long at 1 month and definitely can't hear!? Who waits until 6 months to terminate a pregnancy??Very misguided and disturbing garbage. I would never have an abortion, but support a woman's RIGHT to choose.
  • Options
    legallygingerlegallyginger member
    edited August 2013
    @happywife01

That's the one! My favorite gif ever.

@McSweets, I saw your apology and I'm glad you realized this was not the best place to post this. Maybe copy and paste what you wrote into the end of your OP to make sure people see it and don't just reply without reading through the thread?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @legallyginger ... Which apology should I use? (Kidding) Lol I feel like I've done it a lot on this post ... Good advice and will do!
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    Second u/s
    Third u/s

• Options
    What the fuck?
    So many posts in here are really obnoxious.
    I highly regret reading any of this crap.
  • Options
    I'm completely ignoring the abortion debate here, because once I open that can of worms, I won't be able to stop my crazy lefty liberal feminist side from coming out full force.

However, I can't ignore @mah0113 - I think you're very misinformed what "free speech" means.  It does NOT mean that people must respect what you say, or that you are owed any deference.  It means ONLY that you can say (to a certain extent) whatever you want.  Getting "CHEWED OUT" does not mean you don't have free speech or that free speech isn't a two way street.  THAT IS THE POINT OF FREE SPEECH - that you can say on EITHER side whatever the eff you want, & chew out people who disagree with you, & continue to disagree until you're blue in the face.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image

• Options
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    rockopera said:

Mcsweets said:

Again, I repeat myself:

So, what was its purpose? Just to shame all those terrible abortion-having whores out there? To try to make new crazy online friends who think that thing is a great representation of the pro-life movement? To look cool on the internets?

Think before you post. Because this looks like it is meant to be inflammatory and hurtful. And it succeeded on both counts.

: standing round of applause:

No doubt she knew exactly what she was doing posting this which is clearly stated in her first statement that she hates abortions. So give me a break op you knew this was about shaming abortions and outlining your narrow belief. I can't believe you haven't been flamed to high hell yet quite frankly.

• Options
    It pains me to see things like this with such inaccurate information being passed around Facebook. If one of my "friends" posted this, I would forever label them as ignorant. I don't care who is prolife or not but at least get your facts straight! Sheesh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"