August 2013 Moms
Options

Whining

Let me start off by saying I love and am infatuated with my son. I'd do everything over a million times, labor, the pregnancy, everything for him.
But, while sitting in the bath today, I can't help but think my body is just ruined.. Absolutely destroyed. I've got stretch marks in every place you could get them. All over my belly, up my sides, on my thighs, one nipple and boob is like double the size of the other one and pregnancy gave me horrible backne.. It's not easy to look at myself naked right now. And I'm a single mom. So I've got to get back into the dating game eventually and just feel like I'm damaged goods and that I'll never feel comfortable being with a man again. Anyone else feeling a little down about the body changes?

Re: Whining

• Options
    It is a hard change to come to terms with, i remember going through that with DS. Try to remember that your body needs time to strengthen and heal and that the backne will go away, your boobs will shrink and even out more, and the stretch marks will fade. I had what looked like flames radiating from both my nipples after DS, and now they are just shimmer lines that i only notice in certain light...try to take care of yourself - eat well, get what exercise you can (even if it is just walking and carrying DS) , get as much sleep as you can...these will all make your body feel better. Remember that you are doing an amazing job taking care of your son, and that is the most important job in the world...and as far as dating goes, any man worth having in your life as a roll model for DS will love you FOR these battle scars, not in spite of them!!! 
    image BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's not easy going from it being okay to be large and round, to wanting your pre pg body back. It's hard for me sometimes liking my new body. If it weren't for MH and these new milk filled breasts I think it would be a lot rougher. It may help to share these feelings with someone close. That and make an effort to learn how to dress your new body for the time being.
    imageimage
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"