LGBT Parenting
Options

Friday GTKY! 8/30/13 Edition

Hi all,

Last week was so fun! Let's do it again.

1. If you could meet a person from history (or, anyone who is now dead) who would it be and why?

2. What did you eat for breakfast? And, what do you wish you'd had for breakfast (calories/availability aside)

3. Where did you grow up? Was it a small town, big city, etc.?

4. What are 5 words people use to describe you? How do those reflect how you describe yourself?

5. What is your most cherished childhood toy or gift memory? (Inspired by doodah's football uniform which I LOVED)

6. If you won $25,000 (take home, after taxes) what would you do with it right now in your life?

7. What kind of phone do you have?

8. What shoes are you wearing right now?

9. If you could meet someone famous who is living, who would it be, and what would you want to talk about?

10. What's the most beautiful place you've ever seen? When was it, and tell us more?

As always, the PIP of your choice is a bonus!!!

GO!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: Friday GTKY! 8/30/13 Edition

• Options

I love these! Good questions 2mamaz! :)

1. I would want to meet my great grandmother who passed away before I was born. She brought her family to the US from Greece and worked 3 jobs and raised 6 kids (and learned English after she got here!) all while her husband was away in the military (he joined her later). From what I hear she was fiercely independant, passionate, whitty and a force to be reckoned with. I would have loved to meet her. I like to think I have a little of her spirit in me.

2. Today I had a banana, a special K cereal bar and a cup of decaf coffee with a pump of pumpkin spice in it! I would have loved to have had pancakes. I haven't had them in forever, but they sound really yummy to me right about now...

3. I was born in Bangor, Maine, and moved to Ashland, Mass with my family when I was 6. I grew up in Ashland and lived there til I went to Philadelphia for college when I was 18. I have lived in PA ever since.

4. Dependable, hard-working, high-strung, compassionate, stubborn... all of those things are true. I am working on the high-strung part. I hope that the positive attributes outweigh the negative in people's minds, but I am not sure. I can be hard headed and super "type A personality-like" ... I am trying to be more zen... someday...

5. I had this stuffed animal called a puffalump that I slept with and took with me everywhere. I was obsessed with it. I can't quite remember what ever happened to it now...

6. Pay down my student loans. If I didn't have over $100k in student loan debt, our life would be much different. I hope in the next 10 yrs to have it paid off. Any amount of windfall that I would ever get would immediately go towards my loans until they are gone. My education was worth every penny, but man the debt is overwhelming.

7. It's an old Blackberry Curve. I have an iPhone 4s for work, so I only use my personal cell for texting and personal calls really. I am actually eligible for an upgrade right now, but I am waiting until Sept 10 when the newest iPhone is allegedly coming out. My hope is that the older model iPhones will be much cheaper when a new model is available. I am a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to things for myself.

8. Black ballet flats

9. Hillary Clinton. We would talk about EVERYTHING!

10. The ballroom where our wedding reception was when I saw it all set up right before our ceremony. My wife made every single thing for our wedding by hand and everything was personal and beautiful and perfect. She and her mom set up the ballroom that morning while I was getting my hair and make-up done. I walked in there right before our ceremony and I just cried. It was just so beautiful and perfect and us and lovely... and I never thought I would get that moment in my life. And it felt amazing.

Here is a PIP of our sweetheart table at our wedding reception. That is my bouquet on the table. My wife made a bouquet for me and each of our 5 bridesmaids by hand using fabric for the flowers and satin and pearls on the stem/handle. They were beautiful.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    CageyMackCageyMack member
    edited August 2013
    Hi!

It's 5:30 in the morning where I am, and I can kill some time . . . : )

1. If you could meet a person from history (or, anyone who is now dead) who would it be and why? I'll say Sacagawea because I think her story is remarkable.  

2. What did you eat for breakfast? And, what do you wish you'd had for breakfast (calories/availability aside) Ooo!  I love breakfast.  I think I'm going to have eggs and toast. My family loves sweet breakfasts, but I love savory ones; today, I win.  I don't, usually.

3. Where did you grow up? Was it a small town, big city, etc.?  I grew up all over the Pac. Northwest, plus lived in England and Hawaii.  It was mostly countryside and remote.  I miss being able to walk out of my house and into nature. 

4. What are 5 words people use to describe you? How do those reflect how you describe yourself? Funny, I know. Four more are hard to come up with.  Intense, maybe?  Thoughtful and tall.  But only because I'm around a lot of short people.

5. What is your most cherished childhood toy or gift memory? (Inspired by doodah's football uniform which I LOVED)  I have to be really honest here: a pony.  I was visiting a friend in another town for a week in summer and asked if I could stay longer.  She said no.  I was all bent out of shape, but when I got home, she surprised me with a pony.  Man.  Best. Gift. Ever.  

6. If you won $25,000 (take home, after taxes) what would you do with it right now in your life? Probably save it for house down payment for next location.  Or pay for my big kid's private school tuition next year.  We believe in public school, so it's a major pain to have to pay for a private one. 

7. What kind of phone do you have? I phone 4.  Love that thing.  It's a few years old.  Home button is sketch, so I have the virtual home button on it.  We got new ones because DW's was super bad, and so I have a brand new 4 (but smaller gig) in a drawer.  

8. What shoes are you wearing right now? Barefoot!  Almost always.  

9. If you could meet someone famous who is living, who would it be, and what would you want to talk about?  I'm going to say Hillary Clinton because I think she has a lot of potential for future leadership.  I think she is super smart and I'd like to just kick it with her for a while.  Either that, or Roseanne Bar, who lives in Hawaii; I want to make her dinner and just hear what she has to say. I think she is super smart and funny and I think it would be a great evening.

10. What's the most beautiful place you've ever seen? When was it, and tell us more?  Years and years ago I went 2nd season Elk hunting every year. I never got one, but one of the regular spots to start hunting was at the top of this ridge called Bunchgrass in Oregon.  You would get dropped off in the dark and have to hike straight up the side to the top.  My buddy Bryson and I would sit up there in the dark, waiting for the sun to come up.  So many times the sun would pop out and there would be a thousand miles of vision, clouds skimming the pressure line and little ridges and mountains punching the flat clouds.  The sky would explode in grey and pink and orange.  It was cold, usually, and our breath would mark the air.  We would sit until we knew we had to get up and then we would hike down the backbone of the ridge.  I adored Bryson--he got that our hunting trips were more than just hunting; they were being in a crazy, amazing place.   I never got an elk. : ) 

The picture is the big kid showing off her swimming guns. Cracks me up every time. She was 7. 

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. If you could meet a person from history (or, anyone who is now dead) who would it be and why? God. For obvious reasons

2. What did you eat for breakfast? And, what do you wish you'd had for breakfast (calories/availability aside) Two eggs (from Mom and Dad's farm), over easy (supposed to be good for pregnancy, so I'm getting a head start), whole wheat toast with non-dairy, non-soy butter, and half an organic orange. I <3 McDonald's hash browns...

3. Where did you grow up? Was it a small town, big city, etc.? I grew up in the country, in the middle of no where. 

4. What are 5 words people use to describe you? How do those reflect how you describe yourself? Happy, intelligent, patient, understanding and a good listener. As for how I think they reflect me...I'm very happy, and understanding, but people often mistake that for "doormat". As soon as I create boundaries, I'm a bit%h. 

5. What is your most cherished childhood toy or gift memory? (Inspired by doodah's football uniform which I LOVED) I once received a giant (to me at the time) yellow and white stuffed bear. This thing was probably 4ft tall. It was awesome. 

6. If you won $25,000 (take home, after taxes) what would you do with it right now in your life? First, I would immediately book a honeymoon for DW and I. We will be celebrating our second wedding anniversary and have yet to take a real honeymoon. After we do that, the rest would immediately pay off all debt and with the big chunk left, it would go to student loans. 

7. What kind of phone do you have? I have a samsung galaxy s3. I have no been bitten by the apple bug and love samsung!

8. What shoes are you wearing right now? No shoes! I work from home and am currently in the room that has our one and only (very old) air conditioner. I'm sitting on the couch. I tend to not wear shoes ever when I'm home, even when outside. 

9. If you could meet someone famous who is living, who would it be, and what would you want to talk about? Jillian Michaels. She is a total inspiration for me and I would love to have an unlimited amount of time with her. I would want to talk about everything fitness related, but also about the journey through adoption and having a baby with her partner. I know my DW would love to talk to her about the non-bio mom thing. 

10. What's the most beautiful place you've ever seen? When was it, and tell us more? Well, most recently, we went backpacking and saw some of the most spectacular fall colors. Also on the same trip, we were in the middle of the forest and came across a "lake" that is actually a sinkhole. The water was Caribbean blue and not something you see here in the midwest! I love the things we can see when we hike...you can't see this in a car!

PIP: The "lake" from #10

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    Loving GTKY Fridays!

1. James Baldwin. Because he was a brilliant writer, and seems brave and charismatic.

2. Toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas, milk, tea. Lots of pills. :) I love toast with pb and banana, but I can ALWAYS go for pancakes or pastries. Ooh -- a feta croissant from Iggy's in Cambridge.

3. City of 60k people that is a suburb of (~10mi from) Boston.

4. Detailed, opinionated, conscientious, cynical. I made 2Mamaz help me, so two of those are from her. :)

5. Does anyone remember Herself the Elf? I think most of you might be too young; she was early 80s. I got her "house" (I believe it was in a tree or something) for Christmas one year and I was SO. EXCITED. Also had a cherished rabbit puppet and a little turtle named Tully, neither of which I have ever been able to give/throw away.

6. I might have our house re-wired. We have old wiring in a lot of our house and are working on getting up brought up to code, but it's so expensive we can only do a room or two at a time. It's a totally not-fun way to spend money but I would love to know it is all set. If there was anything left over, I'd just put it toward one of our debts -- student loans most likely.

7. HTC Incredible.

8. Right foot: running shoe (normally I wouldn't be wearing these at work, but it's the safest thing for me to wear when I'm crutching). Left foot: walking boot.

9. I was going to say Rachel Maddow, but I have too much of a crush on her and would probably just blush and stammer. Sooo...

10. This is hard. I think I'm going to go with Misty Fjords National Monument in Alaska.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options

1. If you could meet a person from history (or, anyone who is now dead) who would it be and why? Joan of  Arc

2. What did you eat for breakfast? And, what do you wish you'd had for breakfast (calories/availability aside): 1/2 kiwi, 1/2 banana and 2 eggs with spinach, 1 cup organic whole milk and raw protein powder w/ a tablespoon of chocolate syrup.

3. Where did you grow up? Was it a small town, big city, etc.? A small suburban town in New Jersey

4. What are 5 words people use to describe you? How do those reflect how you describe yourself? Ambitious, Adventurous Silly, Generous, Creative. I think  they are pretty accurate, I am all of the above, even silly :P 

5. What is your most cherished childhood toy or gift memory? (Inspired by doodah's football uniform which I LOVED): Playmobile

6. If you won $25,000 (take home, after taxes) what would you do with it right now in your life? I would find the perfect home to rent in California, and put the money in savings.  (We've recently done a lot of adventuring with our money and just having a little more financial security would be wonderful!!).

7. What kind of phone do you have? iPhone 4S

8. What shoes are you wearing right now? Socks no shoes.

9. If you could meet someone famous who is living, who would it be, and what would you want to talk about? George Takei to thank him for making me laugh with his facebook comments.

10. What's the most beautiful place you've ever seen? When was it, and tell us more? I can't really pick... But one of the most beautiful things I've seen is the sun rising over the jungle while sitting on a stone ledge at Tikal an ancient Mayan ruin.

• Options
    edited August 2013

1. If you could meet a person from history (or, anyone who is now dead) who would it be and why? I have two - one, is Jesus - not because I am religious at all, but because I want to get the story straight and correct all of the conservatives "cafeteria Christians" I know. Plus, I'm guessing he was a good guy. Second would be my dear (late) friend and neighbor, Shirley's husband, Aino (Finnish name). I knew Shirley the last 10 years of her life and I am a much, much better person for it. Her children (in their 60's-70's) remind me though, that I really missed out not meeting the love of her life. On the 10th anniversary of his death (they were married over 60 years), she told me "Oh honey, I am still madly in love with him every day!" - my hero! (Wait one more - Mama Cass - to ask if that ham sandwich was worth it...)

2. What did you eat for breakfast? And, what do you wish you'd had for breakfast (calories/availability aside) Oh it was a cheat day since I'm off work! I had my split shot 8 oz Americano (soon to be decaf, but not quite yet) + a French style cinnamon roll with pecans which I ate 1/2 of. The rest will go to the chickens. Normally I have 1 of our girls' eggs, in a small tortilla with a little cheese and hot sauce.

3. Where did you grow up? Was it a small town, big city, etc.? I grew up in the booming metropolis of Albion, PA. It's a 1 square mile town with 1 traffic light and an equal number of bars and churches. I ran screaming as the clock struck midnight on my 18th birthday. :) At 7 years old when we moved there from Erie, PA (a decent sized small city), my mom said "You were crying. I asked what was wrong, you said "Mom, I just think this town isn't going to be good for me." She replied "And I lied to you and said you'd do great!" I did ok, but I could not wait to leave.

4. What are 5 words people use to describe you? How do those reflect how you describe yourself? Talkative, generous, loyal, bossy and energetic. And I think that sums me up pretty well - I do talk a lot and am very extroverted and I work on being a better listener all the time. I really don't hold much attachment to stuff/money, etc. and am happy to give things to the people I love; I am loyal to a fault and generally believe people are good; I'm the oldest of 4 girls and work on not being bossy and have improved on that greatly! Oh, and I do have a lot of energy. No doubt.

5. What is your most cherished childhood toy or gift memory? (Inspired by doodah's football uniform which I LOVED). This one is hard for me, but I LOVED my Easy Bake Oven, but it kinda sucked because getting the replacement batter/light bulb was always hard so it was rare that I got to really use it.

6. If you won $25,000 (take home, after taxes) what would you do with it right now in your life? Ya know, as much as I'd say I'd potentially invest it in one of J's coffeeshops, I think we'd ultimately build our dormer/upstairs bedroom/bath that we want to add to the back of our house. We had the $ but then her second shop popped into our lap, so we put the money there instead a year ago.  

7. What kind of phone do you have? I have a Windows 8 Phone - the Nokia 920 (a sure sign of where I work - like, at parties people say "Oh, where do you work at MSFT?" and I think I forgot to remove my badge...but it's my phone.) Not to drink the KoolAid, but I love it, and I think it is superior to J's iPhone for a number of reasons...though before this that is what I had! Of course I didn't really have a choice and, well, re: "Loyal" as one of my descriptors...

8. What shoes are you wearing right now? None! Barefoot, day off at home. When I do put on shoes they will be flip flops made of recycled yoga mats (so.seattle.lesbo.)

9. If you could meet someone famous who is living, who would it be, and what would you want to talk about? Ok - this is obscure but, I think I'd want to meet Jeff Tweedy who is the lead singer of Wilco, a band usually more loved by dudes but that J and I both had listed as our first band in the music section of our MySpace page when we met. We actually did meet him once after seeing them play in Amsterdam and he was so sweet! But I'd just love to have him for dinner, hear about life since his recovery from addiction, and see him as a regular guy. In a weird way, his band helped me and J notice each other and want to get to know more.

10. What's the most beautiful place you've ever seen? When was it, and tell us more? 20 years ago this week I was en route to Seattle on I-90/94. Now this is not a sexy answer. But, driving through eastern Montana at night, seeing "big sky" in a way I'd never seen - stars horizon to horizon - was a pivotal moment for me. I was standing up with my head out the sunroof of our 90'something VW Jetta, and it hit me that there was so much more to the world than western PA and NE OH, which was all I really knew until then. I'd never crossed the Mississippi before moving to Seattle. The next night, passing through the mountains of western Montana at sundown en route to Idaho was equally moving/stunning. I think it was a lot about the metaphor, but I remember it vividly!

As always, the PIP of your choice is a bonus!!!

Here is me and my dear friend Shirley, 5 years ago this weekend at my 15-year Seattleversary party. I had a "Neighborhood Hour" before the actual party started largely for her and everyone in our neighborhood who wanted to see her too! J took this picture and she could not have captured our adoration for one another better. I miss Shirley every day!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    @2MamazinSeattle:I love Wilco, and the pic of Shirley is great!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    4. Detailed, opinionated, conscientious, cynical. I made 2Mamaz help me, so two of those are from her. :)

Um, I think you forgot loving? I believe I had loving/caring on the list. I notice you only put 4. Perhaps we need to add "humble" or "shy"? :)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Jazibel said:

9. If you could meet someone famous who is living, who would it be, and what would you want to talk about? George Takei to thank him for making me laugh with his facebook comments.

J's sister met George Takei in the Little Rock AR airport en route to our wedding in April! He wished us well which was sweet - and her sister said "His husband Brad was so sweet, but I had to keep telling myself not to think about his penis. George always talks about how great Brad's penis is on his radio shows." LOL!!!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    1. If you could meet a person from history (or, anyone who is now dead) who would it be and why?
    This is always a super hard question for me. I Love history and its hard to pinpoint just one. Maybe this week I'll choose princess Di. No particular reason Except that I loved her before she died and think her life was interesting. I would love to get all the inside scoop of her life. I can't believe it's been 16 years since her death.

2. What did you eat for breakfast? And, what do you wish you'd had for breakfast (calories/availability aside)

Cheerios. My pregnant self would have wanted ice cream, neopolitan to be exact haha! And my regular self would want a full breakfast with eggs, sausage etc. I am SO bummed about my loss of appetite for breakfast foods during my pregnancy. I really hope I get that back.

I grew up in a city, but not a huge one. Around a million people.

4. What are 5 words people use to describe you? How do those reflect how you describe yourself?

Sensitive, sweet, empathic, mild natured, funny
    Those make me sound like all roses, but that's not how it is all the time.

5. What is your most cherished childhood toy or gift memory? (Inspired by doodah's football uniform which I LOVED)
    I had a little stuffed elephant that played you are my sunshine. It's one of the few items I've kept from childhood and at times was my best friend when I was little. I also prized my shera castle as a kid.

6. If you won $25,000 (take home, after taxes) what would you do with it right now in your life?
    Either pay off my student loan or basically put it all in savings.

iPhone 4S but before I started my new job in April I had a 6 year old flip phone.

8. What shoes are you wearing right now? None. Working from home on modified bed rest. Sometimes I wear
    Socks but it's way too hot for that

9. If you could meet someone famous who is living, who would it be, and what would you want to talk about?
    Also tough and I love other people's living people! I would probably say the indigo girls. I would love one night around a campfire shooting the breeze and playing and singing their music. That would be awesome and I realize how totally "gay" that sounds. Lol.

10. What's the most beautiful place you've ever seen? When was it, and tell us more?
    That's tough. Probably coastal Maine. I was just really struck by the beauty there. It was the first major trip that S and I took together and it was awesome. Maybe that plays into my decision
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1) I would meet Harvey Milk and tell him what it's like in 2013.  I think it would make him happy.

2) Oh, dear... This morning was a bit of a fiasco.  I had to wait or the plumber until 10:30 and I didn't eat anything before I rushed off to work so I stopped at Arby's and got a sandwich *shame rattle* - I owe my future baby an apology (should I be pregnant).  I promised myself I would stay away from garbage like that but I couldn't go to work hungry.  Had I made better decisions, I would have enjoyed eggs, fruit, and toast.  There's always tomorrow.

3) I grew up in a suburb north of Indianapolis.  I would describe it but it's not very exciting.

4) Five words to describe myself... Optimistic, resiliant, funny, easy going, and quiet.  I'm a total type B, which contrasts well with my type A DP ;)

5) Cherished childhood toy: my stuffed bear given to me when I was born.  I want to give it to my own child, but I'm afraid it will scare him/her to death.  The bear is all worn out now, with a smashed nose and vacant eyes.  I'm wondering if I should just keep it in my closet and show it to my child when they're older.

6) If I had a $25K windfall... pay off debt and go on a nice vacation.

7) I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.  I'm a former iPhone user.  I love the screen, and I love the 4G, but otherwise I admit, I miss my iPhone sometimes.

8) Shoes: I'm wearing DP's loafers.  I hate shoe shopping so I usually just steal hers.

9) Famous living person I'd like to meet: Margaret Cho.  I'd just love to have coffee with her and hear her stories.  She cracks me up.

10) Most beautiful place I've ever seen... That's a tough one.  There's a lot of beauty in this world.  Right now Les Champs Elysees in Paris comes to mind.  Lovely architecture, great people watching, and a great place to sit at an outdoor cafe and just soak it in.  Ah, wish I was there now...

• Options

I have been thinking about this all day and I don't have a good answer. So I'm going to cheat and answer someone I've already met but who is now dead. I would love to see my Aunt Sara again and to have Manada meet her and her meet Manada. My Aunt Sara passed away from breast cancer about 5.5 years ago. She was a lesbian and I'm so glad I figured out I was queer before she died and was able to talk to her about it. She obviously never got to meet M, though, and she would have been so happy to meet my love.

I had oatmeal with berries and sunflower seeds for breakfast.
    If I could have had anything, I would have had biscuits and gravy with shredded hashbrowns and a side of bacon.

Chicago. Big city. :) But I grew up in a neighborhood with lots of families and it could easily have been a bit town or small city most of the time.

Goofy, generous, tall, passionate, smart

I honestly don't remember. There was one Christmas when my brother's and I got a basketball hoop and an air hockey table. That was pretty awesome (and not standard).

Take M on a trip to Hawaii (I've never been and it's her favorite place ever). Use the rest to top up M's employment insurance available for parental leave so we can take more time with the baby.

Iphone 4s

None. Love having my shoes off. I wear my chaco sandals all summer, though, when I have shoes on.

Kate Reid. She's a lesbian singer/songwriter who writes wonderful, meaningful folk music about being queer. Her music suggests that she has had some really interesting experiences in her life. In addition, her politics seem fantastic. I'd love to have a couple glasses of wine with her, her partner, M, and me there. We could just chat about being queer, community, social change, etc.

I've seen beautiful places, but I don't know if I have one "most beautiful" place. I have never been to any of the famous, extraordinarily beautiful places in the world. I would love to go to Hawaii and to Glacier National Park.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    clairmeijclairmeij member
    edited August 2013

My great great great grandmother Rose Savy. She lived in the Seychelles and found a buried pirate map on her beach front property. She searched for it for many years, travelling the world trying to decypher the code in the map. She was an adventurer and I love what I've been told of her free and brave spirit.

Oatmeal with brown sugar, chia seeds and almond butter. I would like to have had watermelon and biltong - I've just realized that I haven't had much watermelon this summer and its my favorite fruit!

I grew up in many small towns in South Africa and the north west suburbs of London. 

Others describe me as 'proper', polite, 'a-people-person', confident, assertive. I find the first amusing because I enjoyed quite a miss-spent youth and I've always loved people and things with some quirk and a dark side. I find these uber clean, scrubbed people make me want to rub mud on them. I think that I am polite and enjoy a diverse group of friends and business associates/colleagues. I am definitely confident and chirpy - annoyingly so sometimes, although I have definite introverted characteristics sometimes.

Probably the pink peel off nail varnish that my aunt gave me at the airport when I arrived in South Africa. I was 6, my mother must have cursed her.

Probably plan our trip to South Africa sooner than originally planned. As it is, we'll probably only do it late next year or into 2015. We're in the process of buying the house we're in and then will both need new cars, so travel is not on the cards for a while. Luckily we have the mountains at our fingertips so we can do lots of lovely local trips while we wait.

Mytouch Android thingy. Its free from work, so I am happy with whatever they give me.

I'm barefoot. I often am at home.

This one would change daily. Today, maybe Kylie Minogue. I'd like to see how teeny tiny she is and talk about her cancer, her recovery, and her life in the limelight.

Many parts of South Africa. My mother always says that when you've lived in Africa its a part of you and you'll never be able to let it go. It is definitely true for me. I would probably say that the winelands of Cape Town, or sitting on Boulder's beach with penguins walking around you, then again, maybe the view from the room in Edinburgh castle where Mary Queen of Scots gave birth...I dunno. I am terrible at picking a 'best' or favorite anything.

PIP = Baby A and I on our recent camping trip to Golden Gate Canyon - total princess camping, but great with a baby!

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options

This is a hard one.  I would like to meet Jesus and see how he turned that water into wine ;-)

I didn't have breakfast, but my favorite is french toast with strawberries

I grew up in the suburbs of Columbus and a little out in the country.  I am a city girl, but I don't mind getting dirty, going fishing and camping.

funny, honest, responsible, loyal, realistic----I am the type of person that loves to laugh, but always at the wrong time.  Don't ask my opinion because I will give it to you, without sugar coating it.  I am protective of my friends and family and loyal to a fault, if anyone messes with them than I get a little cray cray.  I am a realist, which is sometimes bad because I can't just try and be positive about things.  This also adds to me being the responsible one and keeping us on track in life.  

The best gift my parents gave me was a puppy.  We got him when I was 9 and he was my little buddy growing up.  He passed away when I was 21, but all other animals have been compared to him.

pay off bills then go on vacation

Nokia Windows phone

Like most others I am not wearing any.  You can usually find me in flip flops from April-October

Oprah, I just love her

I would have to say Vero Beach, Florida.  My DW and I took our first and only vacation together in 2009.  We had a condo on the beach and it rained one day and then two beautiful rainbows showed up.  We sat on our balcony and listened to the rain and then saw the rainbows.  Still to this day when I get stressed out or can't sleep I go to that happy place.  I picture the beautiful ocean and listen to the sounds and it helps to calm me down.  

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"