May 2013 Moms

STM who had a "bad" sleeper - tell me your story

Was your LO waking up every two hours still at three months? When did it get better?   Did you do anything to make LO sleep longer?

Tell me your story....(give me hope if possible :)  Thanks!!

Re: STM who had a "bad" sleeper - tell me your story

• All my babies have been bad sleepers...not necessarily waking to eat, but constantly needing help with getting the binky back in, etc. I sleep-trained the first two at 8 months (and plan on doing so with #3 slightly sooner) and since then they have both been amazing sleepers.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • sweetie645, what was your sleep training method...was it ferber, cio...?
  • Loading the player...
  • I did CIO. They never cried for very long and it only took two nights with each baby.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My DD1 has never been a good sleeper . I don't even remember it now but I wrote in her baby book that she didn't start STTN until 4-almost 5 months. She still is a horrible sleeper. She stopped taking naps before she was 2. She is also very hard to put to bed now at 3. She can stay up past midnight and get up at her normal time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • wow, two nights and then they just went to sleep when you laid them down?   I swore I would never do cio, but the more I read about it, I think it can be effective.   I think I will give it to six months to see if things get better first.
  • Yeah, we went from all naps in my arms, getting up for soothing at night and sometimes resorting to bedsharing to a good two naps a day (at least an hour) and good sleep at night all in the crib and all laid down awake. With DS1 we took the binky away cold turkey at the same time b/c he couldn't replace it himself. I was very lucky and hope I will be lucky again. Naps are going to be a little more confusing this time as I am constantly on the go with the big kids.
  • Also, I found the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child very helpful
  • wjvwjv member
    My first son was still waking at 10 months! It was nuts! I actually started sleep training him for his naps earlier (can't remember when), and then we eventually had to do it at night too.  I think if this one is still waking up multiple times a night at 6 months I am going to do it then.  I know I will probably get flamed, but we did a modified version of Ferber.  Basically I would go in and try to soothe him or lay him back down ect and keep repeating this, but basically he is CIO since I would not pick him up and give in.  It was hard, but I am reaping the benefits today! It is outlined in Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby or Happy Baby, Healthy Sleep Habits (haha I never remember the order)

It worked really quickly for us and my older son is an awesome sleeper in terms of going down for his nap without a fight and sleeping 2-3 hours and going to bed really easily at night.  He wakes up early, but I prefer his earlier bedtime and stress free bedtime routine to sleeping in (most of the time anyway) since I have to wake up early during the week anyway.  I know its not for everyone, but it worked for us!
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"