Parenting
Options

Locked the baby in the car

Is that a mommy milestone? I feel pretty guilty.  An elaborate set of circumstances had to occur in order to make this happen, so this morning was an exercise in Murphy's law.  At least the kiddo is fine.  I pressed my iphone against the glass and let him watch Elmo.  He was actually genuinely annoyed when DH arrived with the spare key and I turned it off. 
Has this happened to you? Anyone else having a lousy morning?

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv

Re: Locked the baby in the car

• Options
    Even sophisticated car keys can be duplicated... They might not start the car but darn it they will unlock the doors hah!

I do think it's a Mommy Milestone. Every mom I know had it happen to them, at least once. I think it's funny, until it happens to me.

Thank goodness it wasn't too long or too hot! :) It's okay, shit happens!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am glad everything turned out ok.  I once locked myself out of the house when I was staying home with a sick DS.  I had to climb from the deck to the roof, remove the screen from the kitchen window and climb through.  DS just giggled and said "Hi mommy" when I sat there shaking and sweating on the kitchen floor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So scary! Sorry that happened to you. Sounds like you handled it amazingly... Holding the iphone up was a stroke of genius ;) Although we have not locked him in the car before,there was a time when due to a miscommunication between H and I we did not buckle him into his carseat. We made it about two minutes down the road before I looked back and noticed something amiss. I nearly hyper ventilated omg. Worst.mom.ever.
  • Options
    It has never happened to me with Ollie, but when the twins where little I locked Camden in the car 2 different times.
     Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @TwilightMV it happened to me a month ago on vacation with a rental( so we had no spare key). I was parked in direct sun and it was 90 degrees. My phone was locked in the car too.

Thanks to the kindness of a group of strangers it was fine. They called the fire department an my husband. It took 15 minutes for the FD to get there and I was 60 seconds away from smashing the window with a rock.

All my hugs. I felt awful too. I think it is a mommy milestone:)

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Options
    studyinpinkstudyinpink member
    edited August 2013
    I had that happen except I didn't have my phone. I had to run up to a stranger and explain what happened because be looked like he was going to say no. Add to the embarrassment!

I was also like 7 months pregnant. Luckily DH was 10 min away because he was already on his way to meet me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh poor thing, I'm Sure you about gave yourself a heart attack! Glad your LO is ok. Last winter, Dd was asleep in her swing and we were having a huge snow fall, so I threw Ds in his coat and ran across the street to see if our neighbors wanted to come play. Turns out the door that separates the house from the garage locked behind me! So Ds and I were locked out in the snow and Dd was locked in. I had to call 911 from my neighbor's phone. Dd was still peacefully asleep when I finally got inside!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"