FFFC

Whaddya got?
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: FFFC

• Options
    beaubecca said:

@beaubecca do you happen to have a Belk? They put their baby Ralph Lauren way on sale all the time.

No! I've heard of it, though. I think the closest is in Pennsylvania maybe? I'll have to look around and make sure there's not one closer. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm in Northern VA and there are always RL outfits at Ross or Marshall's, can't remember which one.

My FFFC, inspired by skimming the Apr14 disaster, is that I am pro pacifier. I understand the concern with nipple confusion but I think the "it just looks bad" people are silly. It's a baby. They don't look very normal by adult standards anyway. And the "I know one kid who uses one and he's two" argument is also silly because most 2-year-olds DON'T use them. I never planned to swaddle LO for more than a couple months but it was great when she was tiny.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CNJ4EVA said:
    I have a crush on Nev Schulman(the Catfish guy).

Really?! He makes me So uncomfortable! We watched the movie when it came out and I hid my face at parts like it was a horror movie. I think because he's SO forward and sensitive. Lol
    I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • Options
    beaubecca said:

Based on yesterdays UOs my FFC is that I want my kid to wear super cute clothes all the time.
    a) He has to match.
    b) He must have bottoms on in addition to a onesie
    c) I don't really care so much if the clothes are tedious to get on/off
    d) They must fit him properly - too big of clothes annoys me just as much as too small
    e) I love the higher end stuff from Baby Gap, Jack and Jill, Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, etc. but I can't afford them. So I secretly hope people get them for me as gifts! So far no one has. Sad face. I also like the regular stuff from Carters and Target but I like to have both.
    f) I really hope he grows up to care about his appearance more than DH. I think its cute when boys want to wear button down shirts and put gel in their hair.

All that said, I would never put something on him that looked super uncomfortable. And I feel like an idiot feeling this way but I can't help it!

I'm the same way with L. The poor girl doesn't really enjoy getting dressed and some days she has to endure a few changes in the morning till I find just the right outfit! And my DH also gets annoyed with me because I insist on a headband with every outfit. Even if we are just running out for a 5 minute errand.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    beaubecca said:
    Based on yesterdays UOs my FFC is that I want my kid to wear super cute clothes all the time.
    a) He has to match.
    d) They must fit him properly - too big of clothes annoys me just as much as too small
    e) I love the higher end stuff from Baby Gap, Jack and Jill, Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, etc. but I can't afford them. So I secretly hope people get them for me as gifts! So far no one has. Sad face. I also like the regular stuff from Carters and Target but I like to have both.
    f) I really hope he grows up to care about his appearance more than DH. I think its cute when boys want to wear button down shirts and put gel in their hair.

All that said, I would never put something on him that looked super uncomfortable. And I feel like an idiot feeling this way but I can't help it!

I've gotten a lot of high end stuff as gifts. The Janie and Jack stuff washes like crap and has to be pressed. I don't iron, yo. So I feel like it's a waste of money. I like the baby gap stuff. Gymboree I guess I didn't like the line this year? Lots of woodland creatures and alligators.
  • Options
    beaubecca said:
    a) He has to match.

I feel like the subject of pants on my LO is chasing me.  After a few of the UO's yesterday, now this, topped with an unknown teacher at daycare yesterday telling me that my son is so handsome, but "he'd be much cuter if he had some pants on him". 

I'm not normally one to conform without a real reason to change my mind, but I guess my FFFC is that LO went to daycare with shorts on today.  I never realized how this could "look".  While appearance isn't everything, it is something and I make an effort to look as presentable as possible, I should do the same for my little guy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    beaubecca said:
    bdifazio said:
    I feel like the subject of pants on my LO is chasing me.  After a few of the UO's yesterday, now this, topped with an unknown teacher at daycare yesterday telling me that my son is so handsome, but "he'd be much cuter if he had some pants on him". 

I'm not normally one to conform without a real reason to change my mind, but I guess my FFFC is that LO went to daycare with shorts on today.  I never realized how this could "look".  While appearance isn't everything, it is something and I make an effort to look as presentable as possible, I should do the same for my little guy. 

Sorry if I made you feel bad! My DC provider loves to tell me and DH everything we "should" be doing or are not doing and it is hard to take sometimes. I think it's just her way, but she routinely tells DH he needs to cover LO in the car seat, put socks on him, put a bib on him when he is eating, the list goes on and on. It can make him feel so guilty so I would never want you to feel like that. As long as you're not putting your child in danger, I think you should parent the way you feel comfortable!

No, no!  It's one of the reasons I enjoy TB.  I hear opinions/thoughts from people that I wouldn't otherwise.  I just never realized that I could be sending a message with the way I was dressing my LO.  He's a baby, and I want him to be cute, but most importantly comfortable.  That doesn't mean he shouldn't be fully dressed in public.  At home it's anything goes - probably because I just love his chunky baby thighs. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    b&e888 said:

I have never tracked my LO's sleep, feedings, and diapers past the first week.

I squeeze my boobs to know which side I fed from last.

I could have written this! I don't keep track of shit and do the squeeze test too.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @beaubecca  we share a lot of similar feelings on clothes.  I love the stuff at Baby Gap!  It's a lot of times less expensive than Carter's because Gap has a sale basically every day.  Since we've called him a variation of "Bear" since he was born, I'm loving all the little monogram teddy bears on everything.  

I guess my confession is that I didn't realize that a onesie-only outfit was inappropriate.  I always figured that if his socks matched, we were all good.  I should clarify that I live in Texas and it's been hotter than Hades for most of his life, the high is 104 today.  
  • Options
    My confession is that LO has been wearing clothes that are a little too snug. Not uncomfortably so, but enough that I have to pull down to get it to snap over her diaper, and then the neck is all stretched down too.
    There are two reasons for this: one, because I selfishly don't want her to move up a size, and two, because we don't have many weather-appropriate clothes in the next size. She won't be 6 months till December so all of her clothes in that size are for colder weather. We have 2 summer outfits that are 6 months. I really should just buy a couple summer 6 month outfits to get us through the last of the heat because I don't know how much longer I can stretch out her 3 month clothes!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I actually really hate the tucked-in way pants look over a onesie. If I put him in pants I want him in a tshirt or one of those onesies with a t shirt overlay from baby gap. But usually he's in a romper or onesie.
  • Options
    I took my DS out in a onesie yesterday for the first time, because It was 110.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    My FFFC is that even though I complain about it all the time, I secretly like the fact that LO won't take a bottle and I have finally admitted it to myself. Its almost a relief that ive accepted the fact haha I think it's part of the reason she won't, because I don't try nearly as much as I should be. (FYI I'm Canadian and have a year off)

My reasons are 1) I'm super lazy and don't like to wash stuff if I don't have to and 2) it's a perfect excuse to not let annoying naggy relatives babysit when I don't want them to!

And yes, I realize that eventually I'm going to want her to...and will want to punch myself in the face lol

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    beaubecca said:
    jenb1205 said:
    @beaubecca  we share a lot of similar feelings on clothes.  I love the stuff at Baby Gap!  It's a lot of times less expensive than Carter's because Gap has a sale basically every day.  Since we've called him a variation of "Bear" since he was born, I'm loving all the little monogram teddy bears on everything.  

I guess my confession is that I didn't realize that a onesie-only outfit was inappropriate.  I always figured that if his socks matched, we were all good.  I should clarify that I live in Texas and it's been hotter than Hades for most of his life, the high is 104 today.  
    I LOVE the teddy bear monogram. It is so stinking cute. And judging by your comment I need to go to the actual Baby Gap store more often. I never go to the mall but if they have sales I need to start going! I go to Target and Carters because its more convenient, but the Baby Gap online doesn't have that great of stuff on sale usually.
    One thing I have noticed with Baby Gap is that items on sale in store are usually cheaper than online. I got a one-piece in store for $12.99 - 30% and it was $20.99 -35% online. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    My FFFC is that I've been on the hunt for the creepy siggy......
    Mine is that I think I'm the creepy siggy. I spent 20 minutes trying to change it last night and still can't. My feelings won't be hurt if it's me. I teach high school, so I have a thick skin!
    gosh no, your siggy is lovely. I still haven't found one that's creepy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    maymomNY said:

Lolalipsy said:

Mine is that I think I'm the creepy siggy. I spent 20 minutes trying to change it last night and still can't. My feelings won't be hurt if it's me. I teach high school, so I have a thick skin!
    You're not. I'm so sorry I ever said that! The good news is I don't think that person is even around right now.
    Is it mine? I need to update it with a more recent picture.
  • Options
    CarolineEmmaCarolineEmma member
    edited August 2013
    There was only one person whose siggy ever creeped me out on TB. I'm always on mobile and don't remember who it was, but it was of her kid in silk or satin sheets with his fingers in his mouth, in a very kind of, um, sexy manner and it really disturbed me. 
  • Options
    missk0411 said:
    I don't like Starbucks coffee.  It tastes burnt to me.  I do however, love gas station coffee, especially if I can mix in drinks from the "fancy" cappuccino machine (you know, the french vanilla, toffee, hazlenut ones), or if they have a wide range of international delight creamers.  
    Bram's pedi office has one of these coffee machines free for the parents. It makes me unreasonably excited for his appointments. 
  • Options
    NJAZgirl said:
    I have never tracked my LO's sleep, feedings, and diapers past the first week. I squeeze my boobs to know which side I fed from last.
    I could have written this! I don't keep track of shit and do the squeeze test too.

Same here. I've never kept track. I keep an elastic on my wrist that I switch after feedings... About half the time. So I'm constantly squeezing my boobs.
  • Options

My FFC? I honestly cannot remember when the hubs and I last had sex, and the other night he was in the mood but I was so incredibly exhausted (returning to work has worn me out!). I feel like a bad wife sometimes. :/

Not a bad wife at all!! I'm sure everyone is guilty of this:) What I do when I'm not in the mood is I give him a blowie because that way I know it's gonna be over very quick! And it still pleases him..maybe even more than sex sometime :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Haha! Good advice. I'll keep that in mind. ;)

My FFC? I honestly cannot remember when the hubs and I last had sex, and the other night he was in the mood but I was so incredibly exhausted (returning to work has worn me out!). I feel like a bad wife sometimes. :/

Not a bad wife at all!! I'm sure everyone is guilty of this:) What I do when I'm not in the mood is I give him a blowie because that way I know it's gonna be over very quick! And it still pleases him..maybe even more than sex sometime :)
    I'm not doing sex OR blowies. WOTY right here!

Haha lucky!! ;) my H is so sensitive if We didn't do anything it would cause major marital issues. So I just try to not rock the boat and he really appreciates it and then does something nice for me and then happy wife =happy life right? It's all a big circle !
  • Options

Haha! Good advice. I'll keep that in mind. ;)

I'm not doing sex OR blowies. WOTY right here!

Haha lucky!! ;) my H is so sensitive if We didn't do anything it would cause major marital issues. So I just try to not rock the boat and he really appreciates it and then does something nice for me and then happy wife =happy life right? It's all a big circle !
    I thought I was being such a good wife the other day, I even went on top...then I had a let down and breastmilk started dripping on his face...aaah well what can ya do!
    Haha ! I'm sure he didn't mind! The weirdest things turn men on!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I let my toddler dress herself and wear princess dresses out of the house. On Tuesday she had her shorts on backwards. I even let her pick out DS's outfit and support her choices within reason even if it means we all look like hot messes.

Edited to add DS has only been in socks once since birth because I knew it would be chilly at the store.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have sex just so DH will stop talking about it. I honestly don't even enjoy it right now and I feel terrible, but by the end of the day it's the last thing I feel like doing.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

We have sex just so DH will stop talking about it. I honestly don't even enjoy it right now and I feel terrible, but by the end of the day it's the last thing I feel like doing.

Exactly ! I have zero desire. But I know he still wants it so I try to compromise. I just kinda go through the motions.

Edit to fix error
  • Options
    Sometimes I never know what to do with LO... We play and sing but beyond that... I'm hoping I'm not missing some big window of learning.

LO wears onesies almost all. The. Time.

I love the show Big Brother.

I've only heard a few seconds of the song blurred lines and felt like it was a few seconds ill never get back.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    I'm 12 weeks PP, and we still haven't DTD......... X_X
    Same here...only we're almost 14 weeks PP....so I guess that's my FFFC for this week...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    wjvwjv member
    I am addicted to T.V, especially reality T.V.! I have a very full schedule. Sometimes my DVR stresses me out because I have so many shows to watch....But I love it.  I am 33 years old and I still watch all of the Real World/Road Rules Challenges and Real world shows, pretty much all of the MTV shows and everything Kardashian.  Pricesses: Long Island! Right up my alley! The new 90210? Yep! Gossip Girl! So going to miss it! Honey Boo Boo? I am so sorry! I can't help myself! My husband says that if someone came and looked at our DVR they would think that a 13 year old girl lives here. Oh and now I am in love with Total Divas and I will probably have to start watching Monday Night Raw since I am so into that show.  I am kidding....I think
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wjvwjv member
    You are not it! It is sweet! I really am trying to figure it out now though!
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"