July 2012 Moms

Re: ~FC~

• I have been seriously bummed for the last month or so maybe more. I snap out of it for day or two here or there but im still not happy.

The bump sometimes makes me feel like a bad mother. I'm not crunchy, I dont read labels, I didn't do two weeks of research before buying a car seat, I give my kid juice and chicken nuggets. Were not on a schedule, I dont count the oz of milk he drinks and I pretty much parent the same way I did when my older kids were little. Things are so uptight and different from when the kids were babies. It just makes me feel like im a bad mother sometimes.

I've done nothing to book any work lately. I just have no gusto for it right now. I haven't even taken Frankie's pic's in a good bit. Just dont feel up to it.

Im glad im not going to be home today, I need to get out. Sometimes I feel as all I have is social media and that's sad to me. Then again I need yall laides in the worst way sometimes.

I'm just having a funky month
    :-S
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • I have been seriously bummed for the last month or so maybe more. I snap out of it for day or two here or there but im still not happy.

The bump sometimes makes me feel like a bad mother. I'm not crunchy, I dont read labels, I didn't do two weeks of research before buying a car seat, I give my kid juice and chicken nuggets. Were not on a schedule, I dont count the oz of milk he drinks and I pretty much parent the same way I did when my older kids were little. Things are so uptight and different from when the kids were babies. It just makes me feel like im a bad mother sometimes.

I've done nothing to book any work lately. I just have no gusto for it right now. I haven't even taken Frankie's pic's in a good bit. Just dont feel up to it.

Im glad im not going to be home today, I need to get out. Sometimes I feel as all I have is social media and that's sad to me. Then again I need yall laides in the worst way sometimes.

I'm just having a funky month
    :-S

Cajun don't feel bad! You are a great mom!! Hell I'm a FTM and Im not crunchy, I didn't do carseat research, no schedule or counting milk ounces and I totally let her eat pizza and chicken nuggets! Frankie seems like a fun and happy kid so you are doing your job right!!

• reinedecajunreinedecajun member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks yall. Deep down I know that none of that stuff really matters it's just hard when it seems everyone around you is that way. We have a playdate this morning and a few of the moms are totally this way. I'll get the side eye when I pull out his goldfish and raisins instead of the Annie's crackers and organic air or whatever they give them. Not that I really give a shit what they think but deep down after a while it begins to irritate me and I don't feel like I can connect with people that are that judgey of others.

Hopefully when we move i'll finally be able to get out of this funk. This state feels like a prison to me.

• Cajun I honestly think too much research is stupid. I side eye moms who do it lol. When doing our registry no research went into it. I used everything.

• Cajun you are an awesome momma! I am not crunchy either and I know how you feel with comparing yourself to everyone :( its hard not to when that's all you read! My kids had blueberry ego waffles WITH syrup for breakfast and goldfish are a staple in this house!

My FC is as my due date gets closer I am getting sad that I will never get to experience having a girl. I will be getting my tubes tied because I do feel that our family is complete and I am ready to start going back to school and moving past the diapers stage but some little part of me was really hoping this baby was a girl.

It really doesn't help that SMIL still makes effing comments like "just couldn't make a girl could you" to DH and everyone keeps asking if we will try for a girl.
  • Ya'll are great and making me feel much more normal! When were at the playdate today i'll be sure to keep my sunglasses on so I can roll my eyes at the side glances i'll get ;)

• edited August 2013
    Cajun, from what I've read on here, you are an awesome mom.  You love your kids and they know it...isn't that what's important anyway?  Not these bento lunches or annie's crackers or whatever else supermoms are doing these days.*

I'm feeling guilty because I WANTED a boy.  I always wanted a boy and a girl.  Now that I've got a little boy on the way, I'm a little sad not to be having another girl.  Weird.  Also, I've gotten off of our sleep training stuff and have been rocking/cuddling Em until she goes to sleep.  I know things are about to change with a newborn in the house and I just want to love on her as much as possible, but I know it's not doing her any favors.

Also, we've decided to circumcise our boy for numerous reasons, and I find myself avoiding admitting that decision to most people.  I'm afraid of being judged for it...a couple of my friends and my brother/SIL didn't circumcise and are very vocal about it.  I just don't want to hear why my kid is going to be forever messed up because we chose this.  I'm already upset that it's going to be painful for him and probably would chicken out if my husband weren't supportive.

*ETA:  I think a supermom is more like who you are anyway, Cajun.  I mean, seriously...you've got a toddler AND a bunch of teenagers in your house.  My brain can't comprehend how you retain your sanity.  @-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Missmusic, Now I really want to make pancocks.

This is my living room right now, as I sit here and bump.

• PaddyB said:
    I consider myself to be a pretty crunchy mom.  I cloth diaper, and extended BF.  I even occasionally by the organic pouches.

I don't consider myself a crunchy mom, but judging by the various comments around here, I probably should. I don't think I side-eye anyone for anything other than side-eyeing.
  • Oh, thought of another! I'm seriously thinking of putting a sippy of water in bed with Em at night. I am curious to see if it would help her STTN instead of us giving her milk once or twice.

• I genuinely don't understand how you make it to this age without your kid ever falling asleep in their crib for naps or at night.  

A night here and there when they need rocking or are sick or whatever?  Sure.  

But to not do it just because you're worried it won't go well?  Suck it up buttercup and try it.  You're running out of time to make it a doable transition.

Mom of a non-sleeper here. Never once in his crib. In my defense, I'm reading the "no-cry sleep solution" and we're working on it. Aaaaaand, for my FC he actually slept pretty good last night but I was inexplicably up until 3 am having a Teen Mom 2 marathon.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pandril19Pandril19 member
    edited August 2013
    hijoi said:
     I said it was due to medical reasons but I just don't want to sit in 90+ degree weather with no air conditioning.

That's medical as far as I'm concerned.

Edit - I just looked at my ticker - 1 year, 1 month, 1 week, 1 day.  Cool!

• jfresh said:

My confession: I've worked out once since Riley was born. We've done lots of walks but no actual "workouts". I know I should, but since we're planning to TTC in a few months I tell myself it's pointless to lose weight when I'll hopefully be pregnant again so soon. Huge slacker here!

I have been shitting aroun with dieting (and stuffing my face with junk) and just walking/light yoga since Oliver was born. I recently really decided to get my butt in gear. I started 30 day shred and its the best decision I've ever made. I feel so good and it's only been a week!
    I did the 30 Day Shred before my wedding and I loved it! I almost pulled it out again yesterday but wimped out...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My best friend in college found me on Instagram. While looking through her pics I noticed pics of her and her new BFF. The pictures were implying that they may be together. Sooo I asked and yes she's got a gf now and is totally gay.
    My FC: I had noooo idea she was secretly gay. Ever since I've been racking my brain about it. All the drunken "friendly" cuddles in the twin bed...random drunk boob grabs...always changing clothes together....AM I GAY!!!!??
    Ok I know I'm not but I am questioning a sh!t ton.
    Not much of a confession but that's what's going on in my little world right now
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Meow84 said:

@lilahbean13 I'm confused.....why would the fact that she is gay mean that now you are suddenly gay for having a normal female friendship with her?

It was a joke. I know I'm not gay.
  • My best friend in college found me on Instagram. While looking through her pics I noticed pics of her and her new BFF. The pictures were implying that they may be together. Sooo I asked and yes she's got a gf now and is totally gay.
    My FC: I had noooo idea she was secretly gay. Ever since I've been racking my brain about it. All the drunken "friendly" cuddles in the twin bed...random drunk boob grabs...always changing clothes together....AM I GAY!!!!??
    Not much of a confession but that's what's going on in my little world right now

Hahaha, same thing happened with a friend of mine from HS. Recently came out on facebook and it made me look back on the times we hung out...she was always kinda clingy to me, wrote me notes that always seemed a little too affectionate, rubbed my back during sleepovers, etc. I'm fairly certain now that she was kinda hitting on me. Lol
  • RTaylor12 said:

My best friend in college found me on Instagram. While looking through her pics I noticed pics of her and her new BFF. The pictures were implying that they may be together. Sooo I asked and yes she's got a gf now and is totally gay.

Hahaha, same thing happened with a friend of mine from HS. Recently came out on facebook and it made me look back on the times we hung out...she was always kinda clingy to me, wrote me notes that always seemed a little too affectionate, rubbed my back during sleepovers, etc. I'm fairly certain now that she was kinda hitting on me. Lol
    Lol that's hilarious! I'm questioning the same! There are a lot of things that are throwing red flags now.
  • eafogel said:
    Oh, thought of another! I'm seriously thinking of putting a sippy of water in bed with Em at night. I am curious to see if it would help her STTN instead of us giving her milk once or twice.
    I'm doing this tonight!! I'll tell you if it helped. Thanks for the suggestion. My sleep deprived mind somehow didn't think of this by itself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Meow84 said:

Meow84 said:

@lilahbean13 I'm confused.....why would the fact that she is gay mean that now you are suddenly gay for having a normal female friendship with her?

It was a joke. I know I'm not gay.

Sorry, Internet comprehension fail. I was like, is this real life?
    Lol I'm still half asleep so I may not have made sense very well.
  • @Laurski - If I worked and my folks watched Thomas, they'd do that too.  Dad is the breakfast king, and mom is always asking if we've had something to eat.  It's how they show their love - and I'm not saying no!
  • I'm arguing with my H about whether LO is too young for chocolate chip cookies or not. I'm not talking about one cookie, I'm considering making a full recipe of eggless cookies for her after finding a recipe that looks delicious (I wouldn't actually put the chocolate chips in, just the batter). She's allergic to eggs and II just want her to have a delicious baked good, and while I also found what seems to be a good vegan waffle recipe, I'm more excited about making her cookies (my "specialty"). I guess this is probably more of a confession for next week, where I'll tell you all that my daughter ate a whole batch of cookies over the course of the week. 

• Yes, please. I found a very good plain cake for her birthday, but would love a chocolate cake recipe! Thanks!

• I am currently getting my master's degree and am jut a few classes shy from being done. I try to take a class every other 8 weeks but I decided to drop this term. I told my husband that it was because I was feeling maxed out with work right now. But the truth is I can't afford it. I spent my savings for this class on a new fall wardrobe for myself and LO and need another 8 weeks to save for it. I just don't want to tell my H because I don't want the lecture on managing money. It's not that big of a deal but he gets all weird about this stuff.
    P23
  • LO has a fever today so stayed home with MH. She was sent home from DC with it yesterday and I got her up in the middle of the night to sit in front of the A/C since it seemed to be spiking. The FC of this, MH kept trying to take her since he wanted to hold her and get her to feeling better, and she's turning into such a mama's girl that she was clinging to me and wouldn't go to him. I'm secretly pleased by this, I know she'll be a daddy's girl soon enough, I'm enjoying it while I can.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• My FC is that I am a super crunchy mom and I don't known if anyone here has even noticed. but I feel like sometimes it really controls me. Like I won't eat out at certain places. I wasn't like this til I met DH and had Mira. I think part of it stems from my need to be in control lol. I try my best not to side eye or judge others.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @amilyn9785 @SweetLittleThing I HAVE NO IDEA why the hell it takes so long!  He's bald, so he doesn't have any hair, and he doesn't shave his legs, so.....who the hell knows!!!
  • I was checking my email and what not just now and seen a story from our local news back home about a man's body being found. Every time I see stories like that I hope for a split second it's my ex husband. Which makes me a horrid person

• I went to Walmart specifically to purchase Twinkies.  My usual store doesn't carry hostess snacks, and I really wanted some.  I am only allowing myself to have one a day, but man, they are delicious!
  • It sounds like a lot of our Hs are acting like twatwaffles, is it possibile their male PMS has synced through us??1!?1! :-?

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Another FC, I finally just got below 50 emails and voicemails in my inbox and I've been working on it for the last few weeks. FML :o3

• sarasansh said:

My confession is I'm on my period and forgot to bring extra tampons with me when I left the house today. So I used the diaper insert from one of our pocket diapers as a pad.

We did the opposite recently! Left the house for a quick errand, ended up at a friends and had to borrow a pad to stuff in DS's pocket diaper because the extra diapers were missing from DH's truck.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"