May 2013 Moms
Options

One armed swaddle...any success stories?

Someone please tell me they started swaddling with one arm out and their sweet little angel just continued sleeping for hours with no issues.... Anyone, anyone?

I just woke up to find M face planted into the far side of the pack n play. I was almost happy she didn't have more room because the wall sort of kept her face from being totally down. But ugh! I almost thought she was just moving around in her sleep and wasn't going to get up. Scares me now that she will roll over in a tight swaddle and suffocate. So, I left her right arm out and am just praying she doesn't wake up every 15 minutes all night.

She will be 3 months on Monday... I'm not ready for this yet!

Any tips, or success stories, or notes to say quit being paranoid and just swaddle your baby, are welcome.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

Re: One armed swaddle...any success stories?

• Options
    We are weaning the swaddle as well because LO can roll over now. We are doing one arm out before trying both out and so far we are up all night. Sorry, no success story here. Wonder what others will say......
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We one arm swaddled from early on, but it wasn't until 11 weeks that he STTN. Then we swaddled with both arms out and he STTN. For a week or two we didn't swaddle and he STTN. THEN he rolled over and immediately put him in crib. He was in RnP. For about a week he would wake every couple hrs from rolling but is now back to STTN.

But LO loves to soothe himself with his fingers so that helps him to go back to sleep. I hope he outgrows his finger sucking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no advice sorry. We tried weaning it was a nightmare I am waiting a few more weeks so I can regain my sanity. :-S
  • Options
    I'm sorry mine was not a success story. I just read that now whoops. But you can do it just because my child can't, let him not be a bad influence to yours.
  • Options
    Last night was our second night with one arm out. Typically LO goes down around 8pm and sleeps until 5am, sometimes waking around 3 am for a feeding. The first night LO woke at 10pm and 2am. The second night he slept 8pm to 5am. So far pretty good! But LO hasnever been a fussy sleeper...
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! The one arm swaddle lasted an hour last night.... Then I decided the roll over was a fluke and re-swaddled. But she is having a growth spurt and not sleeping the best anyway. Maybe I will try no swaddle for naps today- her poor arms haven't had a lot of practice!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"