C-sections
Options

Moxa for Breech?

Has anyone attempted the moxa acupuncture technique for a breech baby?  If so, did you meet success?

Re: Moxa for Breech?

• Options
    I've been going to my acupuncturist weekly to turn my baby from posterior to anterior. She used moxibustion as well last time. It has a really high success rate for turning breech babies around, upwards of 80%. So far had only 2 sessions, am currently 37 weeks, and I think this baby is turning. Rather than having to turn a full 180 degrees, it's just 90 degrees to go now. Although, this morning I think I felt the baby kicking me towards my back now, so I think it might be in position! Gotta check at my next appt!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I tried it several times and it didn't work for me. I didn't start until 37 weeks though, which probably didn't help much.i also tried lots of the spinning babies techniques several times a day as well as 4 chiropractor visits where she did the Webster technique. No luck. The ob did try an ECV right before my c-section but lo was just too comfy where he was! Good Luck though, I hope it works for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.  We have been trying everything for 3 weeks.  She is stubborn in there and hasnt flipped.  We have scheduled c-section for Thursday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"