1st Trimester
Options

Light Spotting

Hi all, I hope someone can make me feel just a little less stressed out! I just found out I was pregnant last weekend...I am SO happy, but now I am really stressed because this week I have had some very light spotting. No cramps with it. And I'm not nauseous or anything... Is this normal? I'm getting my blood tests done next week. Any thoughts? :) Thanks!

Re: Light Spotting

• Options
    It could be implantation bleeding, have you read about that yet? I know several people that went into the doctor for bleeding and it turned out to be that
  • Options

No not true

Implantation bleeding is fairly common with pregnancy and maybe around twenty to thirty percent of women will have spotting at implantation and during early pregnancy. If you have some light spotting before your period would normally start this is not something to worry about and may be a sign of pregnancy - See more at: https://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-symptoms/how-common-implantation-bleeding#sthash.Bns4wZgQ.dpuf

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Sorry I'm a lawyer so blame the day job on not giving up on the subject, I'll drop it after this.I was at Doctors office with my friend who is 4 weeks pregnant and she complained of spotting which the doctor told her was implantation bleeding. Regardless, if it is or not it is perfectly normal. So if she said she found out last week she is pregnant she could be at 4 weeks.

Implantation bleeding is when the blastocyte (what the ball of cells is called before it becomes an embryo) implants itself into the lining of your womb. It can cause irritation and movement to the lining, which you’ll notice as spotting in your knickers, and you may even experience slight cramping or soreness. It occurs at around four weeks of pregnancy

• Options
    Are you getting the blood tests done at the hospital or your OB? Make an appointment with your OB since none of us are medical experts and only s/he can tell you by checking you out. I wish you the best of luck.
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    msronzio said:
    Are you getting the blood tests done at the hospital or your OB? Make an appointment with your OB since none of us are medical experts and only s/he can tell you by checking you out. I wish you the best of luck.
    This. 

Could be completely normal - also it could be something to worry about. Call a doctor and check in with them to be sure. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    msronzio said:
    I am going to go with this because even if some of us claim we are an expert it's pretty damn easy to just copy and paste stuff from the internet.
  • Options
    I too had some late spotting (just when I wiped) at 6 weeks, 4 days. I went in to see my OB who said it could still be implantation bleeding at that point and was completely normal as long as it didn't get worse. Getting labs done for your HCG will not necessarily let you know that things are on track since HcG levels can still be in the normal pregnant range even after you start to miscarry. I would call your OB and mention it and see what they recommend. FX for you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"