Baby Names
Options

Please explain to me the two middle name thing

Hi everyone! 

I love the flow of two middle names for our one syllable last name; however, I wonder about the logistics of it. If you have two middle names or gave your kid two (or more), please fill me in on the following:

1. Do all of the names fit on the birth certificate? Where do they go?
2. What do you do on legal documents that require just one middle name or one middle initial?
3. Have there ever been any issues with having multiple names?
4. Do you regret giving your child two middle names? Would you recommend it for others?

The double middles we would consider are all family names and to help the flow of the name. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Please explain to me the two middle name thing

• Options
    1. Yes... I don't know...the middle? 2. Primarily just the first one 3. No, never 4. No, it's tradition for me, I grew up believing everyone had two MNs, I did not know this was not the norm. Sure, if someone wants to use two, go for it.

• Options
    1. Yes... I don't know...the middle? 2. Primarily just the first one 3. No, never 4. No, it's tradition for me, I grew up believing everyone had two MNs, I did not know this was not the norm. Sure, if someone wants to use two, go for it.
    All of this.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe my first question was unclear... on a birth certificate in the slot that says "middle name" did you write all of your child's middle names? Or just the first one? I looked at my own and have no idea where it would even go.
  • Options
    Well if you don't write them both than they only have one MN. I don't entirely remember but there was room and I wrote both for both my DC.

• Options
    DH has 2 middle names, and if #2 is a son, he will as well. DH has never experienced any issue with 2 MNs... they're both on his birth certificate, and if a legal document only has room for one middle initial, he just uses his first one... usually they have room for two though. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have two middle names. It was supposed to be hyphenated but somewhere in the naming process and paperwork it got screwed up.

1. Yes they do, they go in the middle name spot just like a single middle name.

2. I just use the initial of my first middle name.

3. Not at all.

4. I am not planning on giving my child two middle names, but I've never had a problem with mine.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! You are all so helpful. Two middle names would work well for us - to make the flow better for such a short last name and to honor more family members. Now, I just have to convince dh of this idea. hmmmm...
  • Options
    DD has two middle names and I don't regret it at all.  Even though it's a mouthful, I love the flow.  Both middles went in the middle name box on the birth certificate form we filled out but if something calls for a middle initial, we just use the first one.
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"