Baby Showers
Options

KICKING MYSELF!

Hi,

I am a mom-to-be, expecting my first child at the end of March, and I am hoping someone out there can help me (although I'm not sure if this would be the correct section to post???!)  Several months ago, my sister called me up extremely excited that she found a Britax Companion - Onyx infant car seat in Target for $49.95.  I had never heard of Britax, my husband and I hadn't done any research yet on car seats, and we were in the process of moving into our new home and weren't yet focusing on buying baby gear.  Long story short, my sister bought it and then sold it on Craig's List because we werent sure whether or not that was the kind we wanted.  Yesterday, my husband and I went to Babies R Us to register for our shower and after much research and checking out the BRU inventory, all I want now is the Britax Companion!  Unfortunately, I cant find it anywhere...just online for 3-4X that sale price!!!  It's KILLING me that I didn't listen to my sister a few months back!!!  And of course, Target has discontinued selling the Britax Companion.  Anyone out there know where I can get one at the still discounted price???

Thanks in advance!

Re: KICKING MYSELF!

• Options

Target made a mistake online listing that car seat as $49.95. Many many ladies on this board are really upset about it since many of their orders were canceled and Target would not hold up to their mistake (this all happened about a month ago). Although Target said it was a mistake they still would not give the car seat to many who ordered it at that price. I am surprised your sister even got the car seat.?

Point being your sister got a really sweet deal that was a mistake and you will never find that car seat at that price again unless another mistake is made or you buy it used. I suggest you start saving money and gift cards people give you so you can buy the car seat if no one else does.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks.  I am so mad at myself for letting such a good deal slip by.  Oh well, easy come easy go!  So I'm deciding between the Britax Companion and the Graco Snugride.  Any comments/opinions out there on either?  I love the stroller that goes with the Britax Companion.  Any nice stroller recomendations that work with the Snugride?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This question will be better answered if you posted it on the 3rd Tri board, 0-6 month board, or parenting board.

Good luck. We went with a travel system and later on will most likely get a Britax or something similar in safety, but easier on the check book ?image

Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks - I'm new to this board and wasn't sure where my post fit!
  • Options
    The parenting board would tell you want they like and dislike about it.  The $49 offer was a mistake by Target like the other pp said.  Those orders were cancelled by Target (some with an apology and some with no notification at all).  They did the same thing with a snowblower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"