Stay at Home Moms

Odd business promotion

There is a new funeral home that I drive by semi-regularly. The other day we were driving by and they were having an open house. I thought that was kind of odd and creepy. They also had a sign while they were building that said "Such and such Funeral Home coming spring 2013". I thought that was odd as well. I guess it's just hard to promote a funeral home without seeming creepy?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Odd business promotion

• hmdhmd member
    Hav=Fath said:
    We had a new fancy funeral home built a couple years ago and they had an open house and I went!! I found it fascinating! They even had a little room that you could sit in to watch them put your loved one into the crematory!!! How creepy is that?!? 
    Seriously?  Who wants to watch that????
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hmd said:

Hav=Fath said:

We had a new fancy funeral home built a couple years ago and they had an open house and I went!! I found it fascinating! They even had a little room that you could sit in to watch them put your loved one into the crematory!!! How creepy is that?!? 

Clicked on this board accidentally (I suck at mobile bumping), but most crematories have this or will video tape the whole thing. Even places that do animal cremation.

It's to avoid accusations or concerns that the person didn't get what they paid for. There have been many cases of human or animal crematories not doing their job and just dumping bodies.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Not really relative but my DH worked at a funeral home for one day. He had to body retrieval and the body fell off the gurney while driving. He didn't go back for a second day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hav=Fath said:
    Clicked on this board accidentally (I suck at mobile bumping), but most crematories have this or will video tape the whole thing. Even places that do animal cremation. It's to avoid accusations or concerns that the person didn't get what they paid for. There have been many cases of human or animal crematories not doing their job and just dumping bodies.

Liar liar....you dirty lurker you... You should post here more Rondack! I miss our amphibian discussions! ;)
  • Louiej said:
    Hav=Fath said:
    Clicked on this board accidentally (I suck at mobile bumping), but most crematories have this or will video tape the whole thing. Even places that do animal cremation. It's to avoid accusations or concerns that the person didn't get what they paid for. There have been many cases of human or animal crematories not doing their job and just dumping bodies.

Liar liar....you dirty lurker you... You should post here more Rondack! I miss our amphibian discussions! ;)
    NOW I'm lurking. I just finished the mess on April 14.

I've got to tell the truth, since that lot got their BFPs I've spent very little of my lurking time here. You cannot compare with that mess. :-)

image image
  • @rondackhiker...you guyz have been busy over on parenting too...holy shit! Bans here...bans there...everywhere a ban ban. And people GBCB?! Man. I was so exhausted I had to come back here and lay down!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"