Blended Families

no ss since 8/3

We have not talked to SS since we dropped him off with BMs BF on 8/3. We have it in our custody papers that DH gets to skype every sundayat 6pm. 8/4 no return call or text, her dad face booked me ok 8/5 sayin they figured we didnt want to talk to Ss since we dropped him off the day before. Um just because you guys go 3 months with out talking to SS does not mean we watn to . 8/11 BM just flat out refused to answer our calls or texts till 11pm and then said SS could skype. we were already in bed at the time and SS had school the next day. 8/18 BM texted they could not skype because they were at the park. 8/25 bm's mom texted dh at 10pm stated they were doing yard work. DH will make a nusance of himself starting at 6pm calling and texting if they are not on, but they keep telling SS DH does not care about him or want to talk to him. If we do not get to talk to him this week we will be calling the cops to do a safety check.

Re: no ss since 8/3

• Why do people do things like that to kids? Shame on BM parents too!

#2 asked to talk to "The other daddy" and I was busting my butt trying to reach him so they could talk.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Loading the player...
  • We filed contempt back when BM was not going to comply for the summer and the judge did nothing.

wendilea have you noticed problems with the judges in iowa? They even gave SS back to BM after CPS stepped in because SS would not cooperate and talk to a counselor

• Well if your SS would not cooperate, it may have made it hard for a judge to make the call to remove him from her home.  They don't just pull a child because CPS has been called.

Get a lawyer - A GOOD ONE - and file contempt. Forget what happened last time.  Do it, and keep doing it until someone listens and sees what is truly happening.

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • I agree with @+just+j+  keep filing contempt each and every time she pulls this crap.  Eventually the Judge will realize that she is blatantly violating the CO.  And CPS or no CPS, deliberately hindering or impeding on the other parent's relationship/time with the child is grounds for a change of custody.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Ill echo PP's. File contempt. If nothing is done then wait until she does it again and then file again. The judge will get sick of seeing her and eventually put his foot down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"