Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Milestones vent.

So DS has been rolling both ways lately. Or so I thought. He seems to have forgotten how to roll from tummy to back, only it's not just in his sleep anymore. I just rolled him to his back three times, after he got soo stinking mad he was howling.

He's also working on his sitting skills and gets BSC when he topples to one side. It's a little bit scary.

I'm at that point where I find myself almost wishing for him to just keep playing with his toes for a while and leave it at that. He really tries hard to do these things and it feels like he's really just not ready.

Anyone else has an over achiever who gets angry when things don't go their way? It just seems out of character because he's usually so laid back and mellow, smiling and laughing all the time.

Teething might play a part maybe? They're not even close to cutting through... I don't know anymore. I want my chill kid back.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Milestones vent.

• My 5.5 month old mastered sitting a few days ago (she can sit on her own with using her hands to hold toys and can lift and wiggle her feet without falling over).  I use my old pregnancy body pillow, it has the 2 curved ends.  Anyways I use them to make a big circle around her.  It doesn't touch her so she can sit all on her own but is just far enough away that her head lands on the pillow instead of wood floor.  When she falls I laugh and make it seem like a game.  Now I think she does it on purpose and laughs it up then plays a bit before fussing a bit.  It has greatly extended the time between needing me to go sit her back up.

Anyways, it should be short-lived. He just wants to do more than he can handle and he knows it.  Frustration is normal.  My baby is chill as well and while she isn't getting frustrated much I  find my daughter is more overwhelmed when she has these spurts of development. I think it's related to the Wonder Week concept. She just needs more hugs and comfort as the world is opening up fast for her.

• Thanks! I do try to make it fun when he topples, but he doesn't enjoy it at all... We use his boppy and while he used to love it, he's just frustrated right now. Meh...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD went through a period where she was getting super frustrated on her belly, then a few weeks later began crawling attempts. She too seemed to "forget" how to roll to her back but I think it's more that she had no interest In doing it. She started doing to more but usually now on her belly she rocks on all fours and gets mad because she's not going anywhere lol! I just giv her time and know eventually she will start crawling (well she's kind of crawling but it's more of a leap/fall forward....not efficient)

As far as sitting I put her with her Boppy behind her, and like a little box of toys for her to grab into an that helps
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • I think my LO is getting frustrated he can't crawl.  If he can't reach a toy or swerve or roll himself towards it he gets so mad and starts slamming his legs up and down.  H and I were just laughing about it today.  I'm sure it must be frustrating to want to DO something but their mental development or bodies just aren't there yet.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited August 2013
    I have the opposite problem... My chunky blob baby is pretty much content to just lie there and look around. Still no rolling and it's frustrating!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • J is crawling. But he's too dumb to crawl. That sounds mean, but he crawls into walls and other objects. It's frustrating.
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...