TTC After a Loss
Options

~~^^~~IF Check-In~~^^~~ (BFP warning)

This is the weekly check-in for TTCALers who are also dealing with infertility. If you'd like to join us please feel free to intro with your diagnosis and history. We've had a few extra challenges thrown at us, ladies. Come here for snuggles from people who get what you're dealing with.

Ladies, how are you all doing? Fill us in, along with any other updates or vents you need to get out.

BFP below:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations @Mattsgirl2004 on your BFP!  We wish a happy, healthy, and totally boring 9 months, love!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ball.and.chain  Congrats on a good hysteroscopy and being a model patient . Sorry that the estrogen regimen to build your lining means that you have to wait til October, but fingers crossed that it does the trick. I also struggle with weight issues--I also lost about 80 pounds many years ago and struggle with about 30 that keep sneaking back up on me. It is hard enough to lose weight under the most perfect of circumstances, add in pregnancy, miscarriage and TTC, makes it so much harder. I kind of want to kick your doctor in the shins for making you feel shitty about it. Be extra kind to yourself. We can only do what we can do, you know? ((((hugs))))

@caroeliz02 (((hugs)))

@EKGibs  ((((hugs))))

@katib77  We're sneaking up on the start of your IVF cycle, right?

@Mr. and Mrs. Woodtick  So great that you are feeling super optimistic starting your medicated cycle. What does your RE have you on? Clomid? Is this a monitored cycle? When is your u/s?  
Fingers crossed for you!

@Qfrump  I am so thrilled that your betas finally dropped. What are your next steps moving forward?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QOTD:
If you could magically have one talent that you currently don't have, what would it be?

QOTW:

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.---Martin Luther King, Jr.

Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

Re: ~~^^~~IF Check-In~~^^~~ (BFP warning)

• Options
    Update on me: Tested again this morning at 13dpo and got another BFFN.  Blah.  I suppose we are most likely going to try at least one more medicated cycle, since I had a decent response.

QOTW:

I really wish I could sing!  To say that I am a pitchy is a bit of an understatement.

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

• Options

@Mattsgirl2004 - Congrats!!

@MsAmandaPants - I am so sorry. ((HUGS)), Thank you for taking over the check in.

Update: Our cycle consisted of clomid from CD 4-8, and Follistim CD 8-11 with trigger and I will start progesterone today. I had my first US on CD 11 and it showed 3 good size follies 17, 17, and a 16. CD 12 they were 18,18, and 17 so I triggered. Not sure what my E2 was on CD 11 because I didn't ask. Today is CD 14 and I'm pretty sure that I did O because I was having some pretty intense O pains this morning.

QOTD: If I could have any talent, I would want creativity. I am always amazed with the ideas that people come up with in regards to song writing and crafts.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@Mattsgirl2004 - Congrats!!

@MsAmandaPants - I am so sorry. ((HUGS)), Thank you for taking over the check in.

Update: Our cycle consisted of clomid from CD 4-8, and Follistim CD 8-11 with trigger and I will start progesterone today. I had my first US on CD 11 and it showed 3 good size follies 17, 17, and a 16. CD 12 they were 18,18, and 17 so I triggered. Not sure what my E2 was on CD 11 because I didn't ask. Today is CD 14 and I'm pretty sure that I did O because I was having some pretty intense O pains this morning.

QOTD: If I could have any talent, I would want creativity. I am always amazed with the ideas that people come up with in regards to song writing and crafts.

All things crossed for you!

• Options

I really don't have any new updates. Just wanted to say hi!

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options
    Congrats Mattsgirl!!
    Well AF finally showed up last night so I called and set up baseline for tomorrow AM and will be on BCP by the weekend for just under three weeks before starting stims for IVF.  Eeek!!
    QOTW:  I guess I wish I had the talent of being able to be a charmer.  My husband is that kind of person that can talk to anyone and everyone from moment one.  For me it depends on my mood, the person, how they're acting etc. 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    katib77 said:
    Congrats Mattsgirl!!
    Well AF finally showed up last night so I called and set up baseline for tomorrow AM and will be on BCP by the weekend for just under three weeks before starting stims for IVF.  Eeek!!
    QOTW:  I guess I wish I had the talent of being able to be a charmer.  My husband is that kind of person that can talk to anyone and everyone from moment one.  For me it depends on my mood, the person, how they're acting etc. 

How exciting! Good luck!

My Blog

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

• Options
    Qfrump said:

@EkGibs, a neighbor has a wreath similar to the one you posted recently.  Yours is better.  

Thanks!
    :D
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Options
    @Qfrump - congrats on finishing your dissertation. That is a huge accomplishment! Good luck with your HSG.

My Blog

RPL testing = normal

• Options
    YAAAAAAYYYYYY mattsgirl!!!!!  So excited for you.

Aw, thank you MsAmandaPants for sticking up for me and understanding the weight thing.  My therapist has really tried to get me to not feel guilty about gaining so much weight back and I think my PCP kind of set me back a bit.  She (therapist) pointed out that I have gained 45 in the same amount of time that it took me to lose 85, and that's much better than most people do (I think statistically, the majority of people who have a major weight loss put it all back on within a year or two).

So I don't know if I mentioned that I broke my foot this weekend?  Lame.  First bone break ever, first ER trip ever, so I guess I should consider myself lucky to have made it 35 years.  I have a walking boot I can't really walk on and crutches which are giving me pit bruises, but it's getting a little easier every day.  My wife has been awesome.  And because I usually have a long subway/car/walking commute, I am currently driving all the way to work and parking in my building, which has been awesome (I can't justify it on the regular cause it's $165/week).

So that's all I'm really thinking about these days.  My RE is on vacay but when she's back I'm going to call her to discuss all my RPL results.  Looks like they're all in and looks like they're all normal.  Guess I'm a normal lady with abnormal embryos.  Swell.

MsAmandaPants, I was really hoping for success for you this cycle!  (((hugs)))  Oh well, back on the horse!

katib77, when is your estimated ER/ET?  My FET will probably be in mid-late October.

Yay on the dissertation Qfrump!  It must be a relief.  And I wish giving up Starbucks would magically make me drop 10 lbs too...but I'm pretty sure I'd find another way to get my sugar fix. :)

QOTW: I wish I could dance!  I am in awe of pro dancers.  My body doesn't do anything I want it to.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    MsAmandaPantsMsAmandaPants member
    edited August 2013
    Qfrump said:
    The answer to this question is to talk to my doctor, and I know that.  I just don't want to be blindsided.

Just saw some blood results from the RE (I have an app).  My prolactin jumped from 13.2 in December to 22.3 in August (range 3.3-26.7), my TSH jumped from 1.33 to 1.45 (though it was 1.8 in April of 2012), and my Tpc-Ab is 31 (<35).  

Is Hashimoto's the root of all of [my] evil?  PCOS, infertility, miscarriage, the whole 9 yards?  At least when I searched for it on the bump I found some old threads and many of those women seem to have had kids already.  I saw @msamandapants in some of the threads, so I read through those. 

On one hand, string of expletives and tears, but on the other, at least I am finding it now instead of after another loss, right?  

For your time:
    Your TSH levels look great and totally normal!  You are not remotely hypothyroid and  no way you have Hashi's with those numbers. Have you been tested for anti-thyroid antibodies? Why are you even thinking about Hashi's? 

ETA: TSH going from 1.33 to 1.45 is not much of a jump. TSH fluctuates constantly and I wouldn't worried about that level of change. Now, if you had jumped from 1.33 to 5.6 or something, I would worry. <3

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Qfrump said:
    Qfrump said:
    The answer to this question is to talk to my doctor, and I know that.  I just don't want to be blindsided.

Just saw some blood results from the RE (I have an app).  My prolactin jumped from 13.2 in December to 22.3 in August (range 3.3-26.7), my TSH jumped from 1.33 to 1.45 (though it was 1.8 in April of 2012), and my Tpc-Ab is 31 (<35).  

Is Hashimoto's the root of all of [my] evil?  PCOS, infertility, miscarriage, the whole 9 yards?  At least when I searched for it on the bump I found some old threads and many of those women seem to have had kids already.  I saw @msamandapants in some of the threads, so I read through those. 

On one hand, string of expletives and tears, but on the other, at least I am finding it now instead of after another loss, right?  

For your time:
    Your TSH levels look great and totally normal!  You are not remotely hypothyroid and  no way you have Hashi's with those numbers. Have you been tested for anti-thyroid antibodies? Why are you even thinking about Hashi's? 

ETA: TSH going from 1.33 to 1.45 is not much of a jump. TSH fluctuates constantly and I wouldn't worried about that level of change. Now, if you had jumped from 1.33 to 5.6 or something, I would worry. <3
    <sheepishly>  because I googled.  The antibodies are just at the cusp of being positive.  then I read this: https://www.nytimes.com/ref/health/healthguide/esn-hypothyroidism-expert.html?pagewanted=all.  I also have some *ahem* milk production issues.  As in I do...and I shouldn't.  

I can tell you that I have both antibodies against my thyroid and my TSH is higher than yours and they tell me that I have not yet developed Hashi's.  They recently lowered the high end of normal TSH from 5 or 6 to 3 (some still use the old range). Your TSH is still well below the upper limit of normal.

Hmmmm. I don't know much about prolactin. A quick and totally unreliable google though does seem to suggest that PCOS and elevated prolactin might go hand in hand (although I'm unclear if PCOS causes the slight elevation or if they are separate conditions)?  

• Options
    edited August 2013
    YAAAAAAYYYYYY mattsgirl!!!!!  So excited for you.

Aw, thank you MsAmandaPants for sticking up for me and understanding the weight thing.  My therapist has really tried to get me to not feel guilty about gaining so much weight back and I think my PCP kind of set me back a bit.  She (therapist) pointed out that I have gained 45 in the same amount of time that it took me to lose 85, and that's much better than most people do (I think statistically, the majority of people who have a major weight loss put it all back on within a year or two).

So I don't know if I mentioned that I broke my foot this weekend?  Lame.  First bone break ever, first ER trip ever, so I guess I should consider myself lucky to have made it 35 years.  I have a walking boot I can't really walk on and crutches which are giving me pit bruises, but it's getting a little easier every day.  My wife has been awesome.  And because I usually have a long subway/car/walking commute, I am currently driving all the way to work and parking in my building, which has been awesome (I can't justify it on the regular cause it's $165/week).

So that's all I'm really thinking about these days.  My RE is on vacay but when she's back I'm going to call her to discuss all my RPL results.  Looks like they're all in and looks like they're all normal.  Guess I'm a normal lady with abnormal embryos.  Swell.

MsAmandaPants, I was really hoping for success for you this cycle!  (((hugs)))  Oh well, back on the horse!

katib77, when is your estimated ER/ET?  My FET will probably be in mid-late October.

Yay on the dissertation Qfrump!  It must be a relief.  And I wish giving up Starbucks would magically make me drop 10 lbs too...but I'm pretty sure I'd find another way to get my sugar fix. :)

QOTW: I wish I could dance!  I am in awe of pro dancers.  My body doesn't do anything I want it to.
    Oh no! Your poor foot. Any chance you were doing something really awesome and fun when you broke it? I am so sorry, but, hey, silver lining on the commute! 

If you ever want to talk weight stuff, feel free to PM me. I've struggled with food issues for a very long time and totally get what a bitch the weight loss / weight gain cycle is and all the emotions that go along with it. <3

• Options
    Oh no! Your poor foot. Any chance you were doing something really awesome and fun when you broke it? I am so sorry, but, hey, silver lining on the commute! 

Like skydiving or breakdancing or ski-jumping?  Nope.  I was walking down some bleachers in a park.  Totally not badass.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    @ball.and.chain my ER and ET will be sometime between Oct. 1st and 11th estimated.
    Sorry about your foot, I spent much of last summer in a boot. It's not fun.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"