Dads & Dads-to-be

Updates, Updates, Updates

Okay so, my dearest wife has her first prenatal appointment on September 12th (super excited).  According to her, they said they would do blood work (dunno what for other than HCG/Progesterone levels) and then talk her through the do's and don'ts of having a preggo eggo.

For this being her first pregnancy her body really isn't beating her up for it too much (granted she has the sore breasts and fatigue [which comes and goes..is that normal?]).  

Days are passing where I'm not thinking about the "M" word anymore, I just turn my worry into something constructive (like making sure wifey remains in a healthy environment, stays away from her chain smoking relatives [in bulk of course...not being a nazi and forbidding her from seeing family], and making sure she's eating right, comfortable, stress free, etc. etc.)

As far as waiting until her appointment to tell my family about the pregnancy:  that is pretty much a bust.  We found a new avenue to take; so, this Sunday, we're going over to surprise them (my grandmother with a birthday card [aug. 30th] to wish her a happy belated birthday from Kris, Adam, and Baby Osborne and the rest of them just telling them).  I'm a little nervous about this...not sure how they'll react to the news...they don't take big news very well...EVER.

SIDENOTE:  Hopefully it's a good reaction because this will be their first Grand/Great Grandchild and the Gods know my sister won't give them one.

Anywho.  Update complete.
Salem Rowan Theoden born a healthy Beltane Baby!  May 1st
8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long

Re: Updates, Updates, Updates

• I know the nausea comes and goes, I was curious about the fatigue part of it.  She is only 1 month and 2 weeks along so we've got a little ways to go before the chances of "M" reduce greatly (I think O.o)

As far as taking care of me...I'm doing pretty good at it...there are some days that I'm just..."meh..too much shit to do, must do that screw food."
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • She's weird though.  Her fatigue comes and goes O.o

As far as the rest of it goes, I'm prepared (as much as I can be) for it.  I plan on doing everything I can for her now to birth.  BTW I actually suggested weekly photos of her belly but she insisted on daily photos because she wants to create a flip book; so, doing what she wants.
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • Loading the player...
  • With my wife, the fatigue pretty much hit hard and stayed the entire 1st trimester each time.  For a bunch of women, it tails off at the end of the 1st/early 2nd trimester and then they get a burst of energy.

The 3rd, you typically see your wife lose her energy again, in most cases because she can't get comfortable enough to get a solid night's sleep and the baby starts rapid growth (going from about half a pound to anywhere from 5 to 10 lbs in 3 months).

As far as the daily pics go... she is going to have a whole mess of identical pictures.  I could see bi-weekly perhaps, but every day is going to make for a LONG flip book where the first 4/9s is going to look like nothing is happening.  But, if it is what she wants, best not to fight her on it.
  • @Coltsdad, I totally agree that if momma wants daily pictures you do what she wants.  If she wants hourly pictures you do it as long as she is happy during the pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Coltsdad and @Wulfgar, Like I said, I tried to talk her into weekly but she wanted daily so I'm making her happy :)

I have successfully rearranged the bedroom furniture single handed to make sure she was happy too.  Now I'm beat lol
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"