C-sections

A little scared to remove my steri strips

It has officially been two weeks since I was discharged from the hospital. The doctor said that I could remove the steri strips after two weeks. I am kind of scared to take them off. Everything in the healing process has gone well. It appears that everything is closed up well. It is a little pink in the middle, but I don't have any extra pain there. Am I just chicken? When did you take yours off? My incision is tender and irritable like everyone has mentioned is normal.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A little scared to remove my steri strips

• I felt the same way. My doc said to shower normally and with time they'd start to peel off part way that was when I could remove them. There's no rush and I think you'll get to a point when you are tired of them & at that point, there will be so much dead skin under them it didn't hurt after the initial mental build up. If you have stickyness left over (or want to reduce the stickyness) can use rubbing alcohol to dissolve the adhesive.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • i took mine off about 3 weeks PP. by then almost all of the glue on them was gone, so it didn't hurt. 

if you try to take them off and they are still pretty stuck to you, i would wait a bit more. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt the same way. My doc said to shower normally and with time they'd start to peel off part way that was when I could remove them. There's no rush and I think you'll get to a point when you are tired of them & at that point, there will be so much dead skin under them it didn't hurt after the initial mental build up. If you have stickyness left over (or want to reduce the stickyness) can use rubbing alcohol to dissolve the adhesive.
    This.  Don't feel bad.  I was convinced that I was going to open up and fall out when I took those off, even though I knew I was healed.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was nervous too and also took them off as they were falling off, not all at the same time. Those in the center stayed the longest.
  • My dr told me to take them off one week after they were put on. I did it after showering, but it still hurt...mostly because that damn stickiness stuck to my hair :( Probably more annoying than getting staples out!!
  • zbeesma86zbeesma86 member
    edited August 2013
    Like others said- take them off in the shower- they will peel right off. I took them off 1week after and I would do a couple in the shower at a time-- they started to get itchy!

edit- spelling
  • Mine came off on their own around 1w PP...they were flapping. Docs told me this was OK..

• My doc took them off for me at my 2 week incision check. I was grateful because I find it really difficult to look at or touch my incision...it freaks me out!
  • Mine came off easily after showers around 2 weeks out
  • My doctor took mine off at my 1 wk appt (she thought it was two wks and said oops...she's an idiot but that's another story).  But anyways, my incision was fine with having the strips off at 1wk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been peeling it as sections have come up, but I think it's nasty so I'm avoiding it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"