Babies on the Brain

Got a question for the moms

How did you groom your lady bits during your pregnancy? Keep shaving while you could? Wax it? Or just let it grow out jungle style? I'm honestly curious. If I had my way, they would just invent a laser that would scan the whole body from the neck down and be done with it!

Re: Got a question for the moms

• Nicb13 said:
    I shaved all the way up until I delivered. It needed to be done so I found a way!
    Same. I didn't really have an issue keeping it shaved.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I shaved as long as I could.  When I no longer could in the last month or so (he would kill me for sharing this) DH helped..haha
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I waxed!
    I had one scheduled for the week prior to my due date but ds came early. I shaved it all off the best I could!
  • Another ungroomed vote. I didn't care. Between the 9 months of puking, 100*+ heat, and everything else with the pg, I did not care at all.
  • I just trimmed the hair length, same as always. I gave up waxing years ago, because I'm not all that hairy.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Thank you ladies for all your insight. I guess I'll just have to see what happens when the time comes, but it's good to know its still possible.
  • I ended up growing a mole during pregnancy that I kept cutting when shaving so I said f* that ish and let it grow wild.  I don't think anyone minded: not me, not DH, not the midwife.  I think I apologized to the anesthesiologist for not shaving...but that was drug-induced--at least he chuckled.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• I went au naturel. Grooming was pretty low on my list once third tri hit.
    This was me in my latest pregnancy. I kept up with the first and mostly with the second but it just didn't matter this time. MY husband doesn't care and the medical staff doesn't care. The terrible back pain prevented me from doing very much at the end.
  • I shaved. It was slightly horrifying because I was completely blind to what I was doing, but I think I did a good job. The last few months DH was working in ND though, so by that point I could have continued like I did with DD1, but really just chose not too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • I use the bliss hair trimmer. Even with a belly it made it pretty foolproof to keep things tame down there. I hate the feel of completely au natural. I need at least a trim.

View Full Size Image

• I shaved as long as I could.  When I no longer could in the last month or so (he would kill me for sharing this) DH helped..haha

This was me too! And if you asked him DH would say that was just a warm-up/practice to the things he had to do for me during delivery and post partum.
  • I'm just using a trimmer, and a mirror to see what I'm doing. 

DH offered to help me shave, but the thought of that kind of freaks me out. I don't know how long I'll actually care, though, aside from the fact that it's itchy.
    TTC with MFI, PCOS, and endometriosis since February 2010
    BFP January 20,2012, Loss confirmed January 22,2012
    March-August 2012: Various medicated/IUI cycles, all BFN
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy October 2012: Fall Cleaning, Uterus Edition
    BFP 2-17-12 @12DPO Beta#1: 256 Beta#2: 1061
    EDD:10-27-13
  • I'm just using a trimmer, and a mirror to see what I'm doing. 

DH offered to help me shave, but the thought of that kind of freaks me out. I don't know how long I'll actually care, though, aside from the fact that it's itchy.
    Yeah the itchiness is my biggest worry. That drives me crazy! And my hair grows reeeeeeeeally fast.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
     Yep. Same here.. 
    ~MrsMayT~
    Endometriosis, low progesterone and rare ovulation, hubby with some issues as well. 

*TTC #1- Two years, Laparoscopy #3 then Femara and injectables with IUI= BFP
    Lorelei born 3/7/10. Such a perfect, beautiful, smart and healthy girl. So in love. 

*TTC #2 since 4/2012
    IUI 10/2012= BFN

First ever natural BFP, 2/2013! ECTOPIC. Methotrexate and endometrial biopsy. 

Laparoscopy #4 8/2013. 
    Scheduled for IUI in October
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"