Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Sequential Screen and anatomy scan

Well this morning we went in and had the second u/s for the sequential screen and found out some not so good news. Baby has two markers one is a calcium deposit in the heart and another marker in the brain. The Dr. said that only 2% of babies with these markers end up with a chromosome problem. Dr also said that most of the markers they see are over 1 cm and ours were less than half a cm. We meet with a genetic counselor tomorrow to discuss our next test. I think it will be the Harmony test, but the Dr emphasized that she really thought our LO was going to be just fine as normally babies with these abnormalities have clenched fists and not very active we as our LO was so active it made the normally 45 min to an hours test take nearly 2 hours because LO was moving, waving and kicking the entire time.

While I had a small break down I am now feeling a bit better as the DR really thinks everything is fine. So...on to the good news! Anatomy scan was exactly what I expected and while I had little intuition my guess was spot on! I kept looking for tell tale signs such as a penis, but there was none! We are team PINK!!! So baby Piper Ayla is the bouncing baby in my tummy! Dh is thrilled as he was hoping for a girl and this will be the first girl in multiple generations to be born on his side of the family!
My hubby and I have been together since 2008. Married 5 years in Dec. DX with PCOS and annovulatory hypothalamus. TTC for baby #2 for 10 months BFP on May 29th 2015

imageimage

Re: Sequential Screen and anatomy scan

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're dealing with this scare :( *HUGS* hopefully everything is ok, and congrats on your little girl! I love the name :)
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this but what joy for a little girl! Keeping everything crossed for you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ME (26) DH (32) Diagnosis- unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss
    BFP #1 7/12- MC 8w.3d
    BFP #2 10/12- CP 
    BFP #3 1/13 - CP
    BFP #4 8/13- MC 6w3d
    IUI #1 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel 1/13-BFN
    IUI #2 2/14 100MG Clomid/Ovidrel- BFP! grow baby grow

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope everything is okay.  I love the name Piper.  So cute.
  • Options
    Congrats on team pink! I'm sorry for the scare and I hope everything turns out ok.

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• Options
    So sorry you didn't get such great news :( but congrats on being team pink! I hope you can get more answers on your LO condition and that it all turns out ok!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
    TTC #2 Since October 2011
    RE testing results: DH- normal ME- DX:PCOS and One copy of MTHFR gene
    IUI#1 Sept/Oct 2012-Follistim, Ovidrel, Metformin, Baby Asprin, Lovenox, Crinone, and Neevo Beta 10/24=BFN
    No 2nd IUI but instead TI with Metformin, Baby Asprin, Neevo and Prometrium
    BFP #4 5/4/13-EDD 1/19/14- grow little one, grow!
    Beta #1@15DPO HCG-95, progesterone-25 Beta #4@24DPO HCG-2498, progesterone-30, 1st U/S 6mm,133BPM 2nd U/S 1.6cm, 167 BPM
    Chart
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~*~*~*~Everyone Welcome~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Thanks! We are trying to be optimistic and see what the genetic counselor says tomorrow but from the sounds of it everything should be ok.
    My hubby and I have been together since 2008. Married 5 years in Dec. DX with PCOS and annovulatory hypothalamus. TTC for baby #2 for 10 months BFP on May 29th 2015

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this. (((hugs))) congrats on your baby girl!

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"