Special Needs
Options

Brag Day Wednesday People!

Sorry this is late. I am having trouble adjusting to the school-therapy schedule!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Wednesday People!

• Options

First day of kindy for us and all is well! DS handled dropoff like a champ. I even managed to keep it together.

EDIT: As I'm writing this my phone rings. Despite 5-6 attempts to get his busing info changed, it apparently still didn't get worked out. So, he's still sitting at school 20 minutes past the end of the school day. His social worker is driving him to his afterschool care site. I guess that's service, huh! Good thing I've at least met these folks. In all seriousness, they seem like awesome people. The heat in Minneapolis has been the topic of the day with many parents furious that schools without air conditioning (which are most) are in session with heat indexes over 100  and 71 degree dew points. DS' school has gone to great lengths to bring in fans, water, and popsicles, and rotate them through the few air-conditioned parts of the school.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD has randomly been saying "thank you mommy" or "thank you daddy" when we hand her something. Its that head spinning appropriate type of response we rarely get.
  • Options
    DS had his first day of preschool yesterday and while he nailed drop-off, when I picked him up his teacher said that he had had "a rough day." Today she said he did much better and did well in his first PT session. I'll take it!
  • Options
    DD and I went over to visit SIL (DH's brothers wife) and her youngest two were home. Her cousin who is 2 ran up and grabbed her hand, and she allowed him to drag her around for a while, half smiling. Not an ideal interaction but a big step from jerking away! I was able to get her to chase him a bit and let him tickle her. After we got in the house she said loudly "HEY! Wheres the purple nu nu?" Nu nu is her word for vaccuum, her cousin has a toy one she loves to play with. It was awesome that she remembered the toy from our last vist in July and actually thought enough to ASK for it. She then followed that with "Wheres Jay?" putting her little hands up and making an inquisitive facial expression, that would be her older cousin who just started back to school. <3 I'm loving this whole "asking where things/people are" business!
  • Options
    Did I seriously post twice? I'm losing it! I guess it was a better week than I thought :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"