Minnesota Babies

Shared cost IVF?

Hey ladies,

Any of yall have experience comparing the costs of the shared-cost IVF plans at the various RE clinics in town?  I'm not quite there yet but starting to think about it.  No insurance.  They seem to vary a lot in the cost and what is included, so if anyone has put some deep thoughts into evaluating which is best I would be interested to hear it.

Also, I just signed up for this site and my avatar is a pregnant lady and I can't seem to change it... as this post indicates, I am NOT pregnant.

IVF Jan. 2014, due 10/10/14

Re: Shared cost IVF?

• Do you mean the plans that give money back if you don't get pg within 3 cycles (or however many)? I don't have experience with that specifically (we didn't qualify for those programs). You should definitely get a few consults and see where you're most comfortable (not sure that IVF is the best place to put costs first necessarily)

But I would highly recommend Dr. Campbell at CRM! PM me if you have more questions, I'd be happy to help- its a crazy process.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I also saw Dr. Campbell at CRM. I really liked him, we did not have success, but the staff was great! (I got PG on a break cycle after my 6th IUI)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • BzeetyDBzeetyD member
    edited August 2013
    I've got experience with two of the big clinics in town. C.RM in Mpls is regarded as the best clinic in the cities and we had a good experience there but eventually needed more advanced help than they could offer. We saw Dr. C.asey and liked her a lot. I've heard good things from all the docs there. You should also check out a RESOLVE group that meets at R.idgeda.le library. Very helpful emotionally and the gals there with more experience will offer advice. Also we qualified for a shared cost program. PM me and I can tell you more.
    BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • jennylryanjennylryan member
    edited September 2013
    I've also gone to CRM, but the St Paul clinic and saw Dr Malo. We looked in to shared risk, but couldn't afford it, ended up doing one last IUI totally OOP and it worked! I believe they have all the info on their website. RMIA in Woodbury has an additional meds program, but I don't know much about it, one if my friends went there specifically for their shared risk.
    Jenny-34, DH-39, Furdog-Nissa
    TTC#1 since Aug '05, CP: 10/05, 8/12; BO: 1/13;
    IUI #8: BFP, beta 1, 6/4/13: 267, beta 2, 6/6/13: 765; First US 6/18/13-Twins!!!
    Due February 13, 2014 with two BOYS! 
    Henry Leo, 4# 13oz, 18.75 inches and Samuel Thomas, 6#, 18.5 inches arrived via c-section January 30th!  

• We didn't do any shared costs programs so I can't help there, but we did go to RMIA and I can say we had a wonderful experience. They went above and beyond working with us QUICKLY so we could use about $7,000 in insurance money we had before our insurance switched. Everyone was extremely helpful, professional, and so so nice! We did end up getting pregnant with twins and couldn't be more thankful for them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"