October 2012 Moms
Options

S/O Baby showers

My cousin is also having a baby shower a week before my DD birthday party. Since my husband has a hard time taking days off work and since I want him to be there for her birthday party it's unlikely he would be able to watch DD while I went to the shower. So would it be rude of me to bring her to the shower even though her name wasn't on the invite card?

Re: S/O Baby showers

• Options
    I would bring her.  Everyone loves a baby!

• Options
    I'd maybe ask but I don't think this is a case where people would mind if you brought the baby!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I should add I did this recently only expecting for E to say hi to a few friends and then everyone insisted he stay for the whole party!

• Options
    The person who doesn't allow babies at their baby shower is in for the rudest of rude awakenings in a couple months...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks that makes me feel better.

• Options
    LauraT25 said:
    I would definitely ask.  While I don't personally understand a baby-free shower, some people want that.
    This, I would definitely ask to be sure. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    I would bring him aswell...maybe just mention " I have to bring baby bc DH is working"...feel her out.  I don't think there should be a problem with a baby being at a baby shower.  If you do feel that she hesitates though, then I wouldn't go.  that's just me. She needs me so if LO can't be there, then neither can I.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone I'll call and ask. Yeah if she can't come then I can't either. Hopefully they won't mind.

• Options
    The person who doesn't allow babies at their baby shower is in for the rudest of rude awakenings in a couple months...
    I would call and ask. I'm personally a fan of kids at baby showers, but I've been to ones where there aren't any- often if the host has a nice house that they don't want kids running around at. It's not necessarily up to the mom to be. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would definitely ask. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"