Toddlers: 24 Months+

Trying for #2

Hi, my husband and I have decided to start trying for #2 this month. I am also in the process of looking for a new job. I'm nervous about getting a new job and getting pregnant soon after, but we are ready and don't really want to wait longer. Has anyone had this issue? Is it a bad idea to start a new job now?
Thanks for any help/advice!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trying for #2

• Assuming you are planning on going back to work after #2, you may want to wait a few months so that you've been at your new work for a year before the baby gets here and are eligible for FMLA (assuming it would be a place that needed to have FMLA).

I started a new job in Feb and got pregnant in July. It was pretty perfect because DS was born just after my 1 year mark (at my work you also need to be here for 6 months before getting STD, which pays for the first 6 weeks of leave you take).
  • I'm in the same boat as you.  Because of my age (38), and a m/c back in Oct., I can't afford to wait any longer.  I have mixed emotions about TTC right now, but I figure the worst case scenario is that maybe I can even get temp positions.  They usually last anywhere from 3-6 mos.  I'm currently trying to get my foot in the door of a permanent positon, however.  If by chance, I get P right away, at least I'll be employed through my entire pregnancy.  It will be a little awkward telling my new boss that I'm pregnant while I'm being trained in my new job though.  lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I started my current job in August, got married in Sept., went on a week honeymoon, then was pregnant by December. It all worked out and I'm still here 4 years later. Do what is best for your family. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"