Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Baby Name Edition

Re: GTKY: Baby Name Edition

• Options
    Girl: Amelia Jean (Jean after my mother's mn and DH's grandfather Eugene)
    Boy: Wyatt (love the name, but not sure I love it with our last name) and I like Kyle. MN will be Daniel after DH's mn.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not ttgp yet either, but I do have names picked out so I'm gonna play along too!

Girl: Mattie Nicole (Mattie was my grandmother's name and Nicole is my middle name)

Boy: Preston Randolph (Randolph is my husband's mn and it's also his dad's mn. We both just like the name Preston, plus our last name starts with a P and we like the alliteration)

I really liked reading everyone's name choices! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We named our son Holden. If he had been a girl, her name would have been Hailey Rae.  Now I have no clue what names we will use for the (hopefully) next one!  I don't want to use Hailey for a girl anymore because I think it's corny when siblings have names that begin with the same letter (and my MIL would probably love that so even more reason not to).  I do like the name Mia though.  No idea on any other boy names.

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Options
    Boy: ???
    Girl: Vanessa
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker 

October 2012: Missed Miscarriage, Baby with no heartbeat, stopped growing after 7 wks 
    November 2012: D&C
  • Options
    KenziK said:
    There are a bunch of girl names that I really like, boy names don't really matter because DH would want him to continue on the family name :-w

Girl names: Ava Grace, Harper, Emma, Madeline, Katherine, Ellie, Caroline, Eleanor Grace. I really love Grace as a middle name.

Boy names: will most likely be Thomas Read III, but if I had my way I would do Thomas Warren to honor my grandpa since Warren is his middle name. We shall see what happens down the road.
    LOVE Ava Grace, it is my top girl name!  I really love Grace as a middle name as well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH is Finnish, and I'd really like to do a Scandinavian name.

Girl: Tippi. Possibly my name as the middle name, but it would be more to honor my grandmother who recently passed.

Boy: We can't agree. I like Mikko. DH like verrrrry Nordic sounding names that don't exacrly roll off my tounge. My father's name is also an option but a 180 from the Scandinavian thing.

image        image

• Options
    snuff9861 said:
    snuff9861 said:
    Girl: Mackenzie Greer (although nobody but me likes the middle name) Boy: James Andon Joseph (I've wanted a James since I was 13 but H has a cousin named James and there's bad blood so we shall see).
    I like the name Greer. Like as in Greer Garson, Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice 1940's version which is my favourite movie of all time! DH does not though.
    Pride and prejudice is my favourite book! Had no idea about the actress from that version! YAY! I love love love the version with Colin Firth, but I may have to check out this 1940s version.
    If you like black and white movies, you will not be disappointed! I could watch it every night!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    CMSullivan326CMSullivan326 member
    edited August 2013

::snip::
    Boys: 1. Aidric Ryan 2. Evan Michael

My DS is Evan Michael :)
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options
    edited August 2013
    we have had names picked for a bit. some of the names are from family members, by uncle mike who died when i was younger and loved alot was a kind man, my great great aunt Adeline who was an amazing women and my mothers best friend Teresa who was also an amazing women and past away from cancer, and my fiances one brother/god parent.
    Noite my fiance picked the first boy name at first i thought it was a joke then he was serious so i thought about it liked leo then my mother kept complaining saying you can't name your kid that so we are lol. 

Girl: 1. Jaiden Adeline Teresa 2. Evelyn Marie
    Boy: 1.Leonidas(Leo) Jozef  2. Austin Michael 3. Ashton 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I always ask DH about names I see/hear and he usually shuts me down really quick if he doesn't like them lol We do have some that we have agreed on though

Boy: Jonah Thomas, Henry Jeremiah
    Girl: Hadley Grace, Caroline Alexa
  • Options
    Our little one now is Garrett.  

Next one:
    girl- Addelynn Grace (Addy for short)
    Boy- Gade or Bentley Micheal  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    We have a boy named Gabriel Kaige and a girl named Kellie Rain already.

Gabriel after the arch angel and because before my father passed away he always got me angel figurine gifts. Kaige because my husband liked it and never thought of another good middle name.

Kellie is named after my sister who died age the tender age of 18 months from a tragic accident. Rain because we loved it and it fit well.

For our next/last:
    Boy: Lane (not sure for middle name)
    Girl: Nora (not sure for middle name)

We plan to be team green for our last.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am always suggesting names to my husband, I have tons that I love. He's pretty picky though, of all the names I've ever suggested, he has only liked Henry and Eliza. So as of right now, those are our picks. MNs are still up for debate, probably Joseph or Matthew for a boy and Claire or Catherine for a girl - all family names.
    DD ~ A ~ b. 11/2007
    TFAS since 9/2012

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    For a boy : James. I also like Gavin (SO doesn't) and Don.

For a girl : we like Lina. But other than that I have no clue .. Girls names are harder for me to decide on ones I like !

A & J

me: 23, SO: 26

together since september.18.2009

loving our lives with all our furbabies : dogs, cats, horsies, fishies, snakey :)

TTC #1 since december 2012

image image

• Options
    I have Karina Marie already... 

boy: Alexander Mikhail, Maxim Mikhail 
    girl: Kalista Marie, Briella Marie, Kamila Marie 

(Marie and Mikhail are family names) 
  • Options

I have an ever changing list;

For any girl The middle name would either be Kathleen or Rose as these are grandparents names and for a boy it would be either Joseph or Dante (If not the first name). My husband is the 3rd generation to have the same name we agreed that we wouldn't be continuing this. I'm sure his family will NOT be pleased!

Girl:

Penelope (My Fav)
    Lilly-Anne (DH fav)
    Isabella
    Zara
    Addison
    Olivia

Boy:

Dante
    Joseph
    Xavier
    Elijah
    Domenic
    Alistair

• Options
    We have a boy named Gabriel Kaige and a girl named Kellie Rain already. Gabriel after the arch angel and because before my father passed away he always got me angel figurine gifts. Kaige because my husband liked it and never thought of another good middle name. Kellie is named after my sister who died age the tender age of 18 months from a tragic accident. Rain because we loved it and it fit well. For our next/last: Boy: Lane (not sure for middle name) Girl: Nora (not sure for middle name) We plan to be team green for our last.
    Us too! I have always found out asap with my last 3 but this time I think I want some anticipation! My DH doesn't think I can do it - haha! I feel in my heart I am meant to be a girl mom and #4 will end up a girl. I think team green is a great way to have everyone excited :)
  • Options
    Girl: Marian June Lastname (after my favorite grandmas- Marian & Beverly June)
    Boy: I don't know! I don't really like any boy names. Jules?

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options

DD1 is Charlotte Rose, we call her Charlie most of the time. Rose is after my mom who passed away almost 8 years ago.

For #2 we have:

Loriann Catherine, we'll call her Laurie-Cate. Both of my best friends are named Lauren Ann (but spelled differently) and Catherine is my Nana's middle name.

And for a boy:

Leo Taylor, Leo was my Papa's name and Taylor is DH and his dad's middle name. :)

Married 6/28/08, TTC 7/10, BFP 11/30/11! Charlotte Rose born on 8/4/12! TFAS 8/13, BFP 10/14/13! Lori Anne Catherine born on 6/13/14!

• Options
    Here's our list from baby #1 (I'm sure we will revisit and edit this list for #2)

Girls:
    Julianna
    Gwendolyn
    Fiona
    Audrey
    Nadia
    Clara
    Penelope

Boys:
    Ronan
    Desmond
    Malcolm
    Dexter
    Lance
    Harrison (but don't like "Harry")
    Leopold, Leonardo, or another Leo name
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

• Options
    emandjp said:

DD1 is Charlotte Rose, we call her Charlie most of the time. Rose is after my mom who passed away almost 8 years ago.

For #2 we have:

Loriann Catherine, we'll call her Laurie-Cate. Both of my best friends are named Lauren Ann (but spelled differently) and Catherine is my Nana's middle name.

And for a boy:

Leo Taylor, Leo was my Papa's name and Taylor is DH and his dad's middle name. :)

I love Laurie-Cate! My number 2 girl name is Lauren Catherine and we would call her Lauren Cate!
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options
    we have a definite girls name picked out, and its a secret, sorry ... my other favorite girls name was Natalie...until our good friend had a baby in march and named her Natalie... she's cute though so I'll let her off the hook. I love cora  @emerald27 !  As for boy names...my DH is a third, so he  wants to have a fourth...but I hate it...his other choices are things like tank, timber etc. not even joking about that. so lets hope for a girl haha (we just want a healthy baby, and don't care too much about gender blahblah...but TANK?)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

baby development

• Options
    My husband wanted his middle name passed down to a boy and since we are trying for our last and have a track record for girls the middle name will his no matter the sex. I'll just change the spelling.

Girl- Georgia Rae
    Boy- ______ Ray  

I LOVE Remington (Remy) but not sure if it flows with the middle. Our 1st was going to be Mason if a boy but it has sense been taken by family. Our 2nd was going to be Noah if a boy but I doubt it is making the list again. 
    My middle name is Rae :) I hated it all my life but I've definitely grown to LOVE it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We've picked and hopefully when/if we have the baby we still want them because I LOVE them ha!

Boy: Cohen Michael
    Girl: Calia Rose

We wanted different firsts but significant middles. Michael is a friend of ours who passed and my dads first and brothers middle name. Rose is my gram's name.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @KenziK - we have similar taste in girls' names!  Ava, Harper and Ellie are some of my favorites.  I also really like the name Avery.

@JessElam - Cole is my favorite for a boy :)

• Options
    Scheff725 said:
    My husband wanted his middle name passed down to a boy and since we are trying for our last and have a track record for girls the middle name will his no matter the sex. I'll just change the spelling.

Girl- Georgia Rae
    Boy- ______ Ray  

I LOVE Remington (Remy) but not sure if it flows with the middle. Our 1st was going to be Mason if a boy but it has sense been taken by family. Our 2nd was going to be Noah if a boy but I doubt it is making the list again. 
    My middle name is Rae :) I hated it all my life but I've definitely grown to LOVE it.
    Yeah, Ray/Rae is not my 1st pick of name to be passed down but DH inherited the MN when he was adopted by his dad and it is important to him. Rae has started to grow on me too. I grew up hating my MN too so I think it's pretty common ;)
  • Options

Girl: Avonlea (Ava) Sophia, or Sophia Lyn

I love the name Sophia, but hate Sophie, so I hesitate to use it as a first name.  We used DH's middle name for DS middle name and DH want's to use mine, Lyn, for a girl... we'll see.  I met a girl in middle school named Avonlea and thought the name was beautiful, has nothing to do with the Anne of Avonlea books.

We had a difficult time agreeing on a name for DS and can't agree for a boy, we'll wait until we get a BFP to work on a boy name.

• Options
    Beth1031 said:

Girl: Avonlea (Ava) Sophia, or Sophia Lyn

I love the name Sophia, but hate Sophie, so I hesitate to use it as a first name.  We used DH's middle name for DS middle name and DH want's to use mine, Lyn, for a girl... we'll see.  I met a girl in middle school named Avonlea and thought the name was beautiful, has nothing to do with the Anne of Avonlea books.

We had a difficult time agreeing on a name for DS and can't agree for a boy, we'll wait until we get a BFP to work on a boy name.

one of my friends has an avenleigh pronounced the same as avonlea! it's cute! 
  • Options
    Girl: Katylnn Ann (Ann is my mother and my mother-in-law's middle name.  We got a two in one deal with that.  LOL.)

Boy: Connor (We can't agree on a middle name, but I like Jacob)

me 28-DH 30
    dated DH - 2001
    married DH- 4/4/2009
    off BC & TTC - March 2013 
    diagnosed with PCOS on July 29, 2013
    SA-  low sperm count, low motility, and forward progression 
    Medicated cycle #1 with 100mg clomid cycle (October 3)-  No ovulation or mature follies were present on U/S day 14. IUI was cancelled.
    BFP on 11/23/13!! Due date is July 20, 2014!
    Yeah! DH and I did it on our own without any treatments or procedures. We are excited about our miracle baby.
  • Options
    Us too! I have always found out asap with my last 3 but this time I think I want some anticipation! My DH doesn't think I can do it - haha! I feel in my heart I am meant to be a girl mom and #4 will end up a girl. I think team green is a great way to have everyone excited :)
    May I just say your girls are ADORABLE!!! LIKE SO SO BEAUTIFUL!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @tonyacody06 I like it because its different. One of my best friends actually tied the name into her DS' first name (Raegan) and we all call her Rae. My parents like to say that they used it because I was born in the morning and was their "Ray (Sp) of sunshine". Rae is just a more feminine spelling.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

May I just say your girls are ADORABLE!!! LIKE SO SO BEAUTIFUL!
    Thank you very much!! That siggy pic isn't showing very clearly since I shrunk it to fit. It's amazing to see how different each one can be! I have 2 with brown eyes and 1 with gorgeous blue eyes. I also never thought I would have blondies since my dark hair is so dominant. 
  • Options
    Our top girl name is Evelyn Elizabeth. Second choice is Charlotte Elizabeth.

Both choices are climbing in popularity and it makes me awfully irritable because it is my baby name. Anyone else feel irrationally possessive of the names they like?

For a boy, we will go with Charles. DH is the bazillionth Charles in his family and we don't want to break tradition. I want a middle name that starts with J so I can call him CJ. DH isn't too keen on the initials as a nickname thing.

• Options

We have two for each sex ...in case we ever have twins...haha:

Owen Gerard (Gerard is after DH's Grandpa)
    Ivan Cannon/Ivan Link (Ivan is after my Grandpa...DH picked the middle name(s))

Brynn Marie (Marie after my sister and Grandma)
    Vanessa Renae (Just a name I've liked since I was a teeny bopper)

• Options
    Alright fine ill share. I just love names so much.

Girls
    Josephine Elizabeth/Elise
    Alexandra Kate/Katherine
    All the names have family significance

Boys names are hard for us.
    Roderick David (NN Ricky)
    Harrison Edward (he's not sold on Harrison yet but I love it) again, all family names.
    Maybe just Edward with some other MN.

You can vote on the names in my siggy.

imageimage

• Options
    It's going to take forever for DH and I to decide on names. We only have 3 total girls names on our list that we agree on, and one boy name.  

Girls: Nina, Thea, or Willa

Boy: Edward (nn Eddie)

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options
    If  we were to have another boy, his name would be Adrian... MN is still not 100%... maybe Wesley.  If we were to have a little girl, her name would be Stella Mae :)
    Me: 30   DH: 32   
    TFAS since May 2013
    8/14 - Bloodwork showed heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation and elevated AMH (but no cysts)
    9/14 - HSG, Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy showed tubes clear, but found and removed Endometriosis, scar tissue and 2 small benign masses on my tubes.
    11/14 - Daily ultrasounds confirmed that my follicles are not releasing the egg and every other day blood draws showed very low progesterone... DH's SA was near perfect
    12/14 - moving onto meds!!! Hold up!!!  Surprise BFP after only taking the progesterone!  Now what do I do with all of the other meds we already paid for?!  Due at the end of August 2015 Beta#1- 4434 @ 22DPO  Beta#2 - 7335 @ 25DPO Beta #3 - 14429  @ 28DPO
  • Options

Yes!

Boys: Lincoln, Coleman

Girls: Amelia, Colette

image image image

• Options
    We have trouble agreeing on names - lol, but I think from the time of a BFP and delivery I think I can make him feel like one of them was actually HIS idea ;)
    Noelle
    Gemma
    Scarlett
    Sloane
    Harper
    Kendall
    Charlotte
    Cora

Harrison
    Emmett
    Colton
    Everett
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    I posted earlier on on the thread but DF and I were talking. He really wants Diana as the first name to honor his mother instead of the MN. I'm not 100% on board. (Name in honor of his late mother is awesome, just not too sure how I feel about it)

Girl name was Gabriella Diana, now Diana May. What are your thoughts?

Boy would still be Tennyson Joseph

~*~ TTC Baby #2 ~*~
    Me: 30 
    DF: 29 DS: 10
    Angel Babies: July, September, and December 2013

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"