Working Moms

Open Letter Wednesday

What's on your mind today?

Thoughts, confessions, thanks?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Open Letter Wednesday

• Dear Self,

The scale might not have moved in 4 weeks even though you are doing everything right and running 10 miles a week, but don't give up! When you tried on a shirt that used to be too tight this moring and is now way too big, those are the results that matter! You are making progress, even if the scale isn't moving.

Love, me

Dear Friday,

Let's hurry along now please.

Signed, looking forward to the weekend

Dear DH,

I know you are an amazing person and employee, but working until 8:30pm everynight during your "two week notice" is a bit much, no? Especially after all the crap they did to you. ::Sigh:: You are so awesome.

Love, DW to a workaholic

• Dear @FinancialDiva-
    Woot Woot and hi fives on slimming down and toning up!  Maybe a shopping spree this wknd?

LoCarb who is currently doing the Insanity workout and giving herself pats on the back

Dear Labor Day wknd-
    Hurry up and get here. Oh and be awesome!

-it's only Hump day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Dear Mom -

I asked if you wanted a car seat to keep in your car because you're always asking to spend time with T. I thought maybe you would want to grab him from daycare every once in awhile because you've been asking to do that. Why would you think that by me offering you a car seat, I really meant that H and I are getting divorced? I thought I was doing something nice. My marriage is fine.

Signed,

Daughter you drive crazy

Dear T,

What's wrong my baby? This whining and not sleeping is so not like you. I wish I could fix whatever is bothering you!

Love,

Your confused momma

Dear Self,

Stop being so hard on yourself. You'll get there...

Signed,

Fed up with this body

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Dear @FinancialDiva-
    Woot Woot and hi fives on slimming down and toning up!  Maybe a shopping spree this wknd
    Ditto! Congrats to both of you. Your determination is impressive.
    Great job both of you!  I definitely needed some inspiration today.  I'm fighting those last few pregnancy pounds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Dear SO,

Thanks for the $5 and pennies this morning.  I appreciate that you know that I'm driving on fumes and literally have ZERO money. I pray that I don't run out of gas with DS in the car this afternoon.  Also, when I say that I hate feeling worthless and guilty for having to ask you for money, the response "have you learned your lesson on managing money better" is not what I want to hear. 

Sincerely,

NEVER AGAIN will I resort to your "help"!

• Dear cousin's fiancé,

Sure, I'll accept your Facebook friend request even though I've never met you and I live 1200 miles away. You seem nice and I'm happy for you and Jasen. But WTF? Who posts on Facebook when they get their period?!? Seriously! You're not even a teenager who might not know better, you're a grown woman marrying a divorcee with primary custody of 2 middle school aged sons.

Sincerely,

Wondering why I'm still on Facebook
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • bullybutt said:

Dear SO,

Thanks for the $5 and pennies this morning.  I appreciate that you know that I'm driving on fumes and literally have ZERO money. I pray that I don't run out of gas with DS in the car this afternoon.  Also, when I say that I hate feeling worthless and guilty for having to ask you for money, the response "have you learned your lesson on managing money better" is not what I want to hear. 

Sincerely,

NEVER AGAIN will I resort to your "help"!

I'm sorry.  You need to get out.  I'm thinking of you.
  • Dear @bullybutt

I know this is none of my business but I would be canceling my vacation this weekend, taking the money, and getting the hell away from this asshole.

I am thinking about you as well.

Signed, FD
  • Dear @bullybutt I know this is none of my business but I would be canceling my vacation this weekend, taking the money, and getting the hell away from this asshole. I am thinking about you as well. Signed, FD
    All of this
  • Dear DH,

Thanks for the heads up today that because of work you now can't help me finish getting us out of the apartment we have to turn over on Saturday.  Guess our 5 year anniversary on Friday will now be spent cleaning instead of having a nice night out.  Awesome.

Love,
    Your disappointed Wife
  • Dear DD,

I'm so sorry you are still not feeling well, I'm glad we were able to work out you staying home the last two days and I'm sorry your Daddy thought you should go in today...if I could have I would have stayed home with you.  Feel better soon please, two nights of no sleeping isn't working out so well!

Love you!

Dear DS,

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time adjusting to school and I hope another week of this week help you sort it all out.  I'm so proud of you for doing so well the last two days without your sister with you and hopefully tomorrow morning you sleep until your normal 7am wake up time and not 545am like today!

Love you!

Dear DH,

You were off last night and off tonight, that means you should step up and take over caring for DD during the night when she's waking up every hour even when she's in our bed.  You should've grabbed her and taken her to the family room so that I could sleep since I have to work today.  You suck for not thinking like this on your own.  Your sleep is so precious but god forbid you think of mine.

Regards,

DW with less than 5 hours sleep in 2 days

Dear Self,

Get your ass in gear and start working out.  No excuses anymore, you weigh more than you did PP even after losing it all 4 months after birth.  Everyone around you is losing weight and looking good, hop to it.  I'm cutting you slack today since you haven't slept but no excuses tomorrow.

Sincerely,

A chubby version of you.

• Dear self - 

You need to realize that as much youd like it to, your sex life will never be like in 50 Shades. That is not real life. Real life is this morning the dog jumping on the bed over and over and over and over again and the baby waking up right in the middle of your session with DH. Its ok, though. Again, it is real life...and at least you got some!

- your sex drive

Dear dog -

Stop freaking shedding so much!

- your Mom who hate vacuuming

• I am really sick of parents calling me saying I have heard bad things about this teacher get my child out. 
    Danielle married to Seth since January 8th 2012.
    Parents to Jonah Levi-12/4/12
    Expecting Babies #2 and #3 April 13th 2014!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Dear company I applied for a job at,

I thought we'd make the perfect pair. The phone interview went well, so did the first interview...and the second. When I followed up, you said you would have an update for me early next week. That was almost two weeks ago. I guess I didn't get the job, but an email would have been nice. Seriously, I missed two days of work (and the income) to interview. Also, you called my boss for a reference, so now he keeps pestering me about my "plans." I wish you would have waited until later in the process.

-Applicant

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dearest son, 

You really made my day when you met me at the door to scream "Mommy I missed you sooo much today".  The hug and kiss was an extra nice touch

Mommy

• Dear DS,

PLEASE go back to your old sleep schedule :). This waking up frequently is so exhausting!

Love,

Your tired mommy

photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • bullybutt , is there any way to can cancel your vacation? And, if not, can you take a girlfriend instead?
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • bullybutt , is there any way to can cancel your vacation? And, if not, can you take a girlfriend instead?

No and no.  I would have to eat the majority of the expense and I've asked around and no one seems to have the funds or vacation time. I'm getting my ducks lined up and I've documented more than enough to show the mental/verbal abusive patterns of SO.  It just sucks to look from the outside, in and wonder how in the heck did I end up here, in this relationship? Why didn't I do this and that? There are glimpses of good...but just glimpses.  I know that's not right, that me and DS deserve better, yada yada yada. I'm just afraid of the impact it will have on DS.  He loves SO and SO loves him, but I have to ensure that he grows up in a healthy environment. Nothing ever changes..it's always the band-aid fix.  

•  

bullybutt said:
    bullybutt , is there any way to can cancel your vacation? And, if not, can you take a girlfriend instead?

No and no.  I would have to eat the majority of the expense and I've asked around and no one seems to have the funds or vacation time. I'm getting my ducks lined up and I've documented more than enough to show the mental/verbal abusive patterns of SO.  It just sucks to look from the outside, in and wonder how in the heck did I end up here, in this relationship? Why didn't I do this and that? There are glimpses of good...but just glimpses.  I know that's not right, that me and DS deserve better, yada yada yada. I'm just afraid of the impact it will have on DS.  He loves SO and SO loves him, but I have to ensure that he grows up in a healthy environment. Nothing ever changes..it's always the band-aid fix.  

I'm sorry that you're in this situation.  My H is no Prince Charming either, and I can somewhat identify with your situation.  The straw that usually breaks the camel's back is when I feel that DS' environment may be threatened.  That's where I draw the line.

However, what it boils down to is the fact that nobody is perfect- no man that I will ever find, and certainly not me.   Very often, I can do more to make the situation improve, and H is even thankful for the collaboration.  Every family is different, but before you put all of your effort into getting away from him, ask yourself if there is anything YOU can do to make it better. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lorist202 said:

However, what it boils down to is the fact that nobody is perfect- no man that I will ever find, and certainly not me.   Very often, I can do more to make the situation improve, and H is even thankful for the collaboration.  Every family is different, but before you put all of your effort into getting away from him, ask yourself if there is anything YOU can do to make it better. 

Not applicable. This isn't a situation where they disagree on who unloads the dishwasher or he spends too much time at sport's bars. Collaboration isn't going to help. He uses money to control her, doesn't pay for any of his child's expenses and is emotionally abusive. She needs to leave for her sake and for her son's, end of story.
    Yes, this is where the inner turmoil goes on for me.  I ask myself is there something that "I'm" doing that is causing this?  I spent the first couple years catering to his EVERY need, outdoing myself on gifts, affection, etc.  It wasn't reciprocated, so I backed off to where I was treating him mutually.  He name calls, points out my imperfections/faults, etc. I even tell myself that "he's hanging on to this relationship and not giving up, so I should do the same"  When I do confront him on issues, he say's that I'm always so quick to bail and run away instead of working on things.  I try to voice my concerns or how he's hurting me and he tells me "that's your problem, not mine" and everything is turned around on me.  It's never his issue to worry about. We've done counseling before and again, he interprets things as my issues, not his. Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg.  I know that I should leave and should have long ago...i guess I was just scared, insecure, afraid that the grass wasn't greener on the other side. Who knows, but here I am.. .holding out in vain, I guess?

• Dear Daughter,

Your 3 month growth spurt is really throwing me for a loop. You used to sleep very well...now you're up every 3 hours again. Mommy is soooo tired. However, you also laughed for the first time last night. A great deep belly laugh. So if all this growing means you were learning to laugh...I'll take a million more sleepless nights to hear you laugh again and again.

Love always,

Your Mom who is trying very hard

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• Fullcircle06Fullcircle06 member
    edited August 2013

Yes, this is where the inner turmoil goes on for me.  I ask myself is there something that "I'm" doing that is causing this?  I spent the first couple years catering to his EVERY need, outdoing myself on gifts, affection, etc.  It wasn't reciprocated, so I backed off to where I was treating him mutually.  He name calls, points out my imperfections/faults, etc. I even tell myself that "he's hanging on to this relationship and not giving up, so I should do the same"  When I do confront him on issues, he say's that I'm always so quick to bail and run away instead of working on things.  I try to voice my concerns or how he's hurting me and he tells me "that's your problem, not mine" and everything is turned around on me.  It's never his issue to worry about. We've done counseling before and again, he interprets things as my issues, not his. Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg.  I know that I should leave and should have long ago...i guess I was just scared, insecure, afraid that the grass wasn't greener on the other side. Who knows, but here I am.. .holding out in vain, I guess?

I'm so sorry that you are in this situation. It sounds like you have more than put for the effort where he is concerned. I know it's really scary (really really scary)! to move on, but you and your sweet baby will be much happier when you're in a situation where you are not made to feel like this all the time. My thoughts are with you and I hope you'll be happy again soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"