Preemies

NICU visitors

You ladies have given me some good advice. So I come seeking more. My DD is in the NICU and will be for at least 6 more weeks. We are getting badgered everyday that my grandmother, aunt and uncle want to come see the baby. We have only allowed my mom and her husband (my H's family all live out of state-makes it easy). I have explained that I do not want any visitors with her other then us 4. They do not grasp the NICU concept and all that goes on. They keep saying we will just look thru the window at her. No matter how I explain no or anything they don't get it. To the point now where my grandmother is actually mad at us. I am not going to budge on the visitors and have explained maybe in a few weeks they can. Does anyone have ideas on how to explain to people the NICU and/or make them understand our point?

Re: NICU visitors

• When my boys were in the NICU, it actually was so busy that for the vast majority of their stay there was a "wristbands only" policy to limit visitors. Wristbands are for two designated people and that's it. It was a blessing in disguise as we didnt have to deal w the parade of family throughout our NICU experience.

Could you blame it on that?

• When people asked us, we politely but firmly said that it wasn't a good time. To be honest, our priority wasn't to play nice. If people were offended, oh well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you ladies gave us a great idea. As mean as it sounds people can be mad all they want our little girl is number one. I am going to say its the doctors. And make some adjustments to fit what I have already said. Thank you. :-)
  • I would see if you could possible get something in writing from the NICU stating that only immediate family, i.e. baby grandparents are allowed. Actually this was the case during both of our NICU experiences.

• @wallace323 that would have sent me over the top. I've already complained about a nurse, who was rude to me not to my DD and we have this one baby who only gets a 5 min visit from mom and dad (who hate each other) a day and they sit here and scream at each other the whole time. It's just heartbreaking and some of the babies who never have any visitors are people calling to check on them.
    The NICU here is strict it's only a list of 4 people and only 3 allowed bed side at a time.
    I am sticking to my guns no doubt about it but I am about to start a family war.
  • My hospital would only allow my husband and myself in the NICU - our family could only look through the window. They were very strict - only people with the medical bracelet were allowed in the room

• Our NICU has a strict 2 at bedside rule, and 1 of those 2 has to be a parent or one of 2 designated caregivers, so visiting from others was quite a hassle but it was obviously hospital policy and people understood.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"