TTC After a Loss
Options

Ttc after loss and hcg level trouble!

Okay so I'm looking for advice and anyone else who has gone through this horrible experience! I had a natural miscarriage in may of this year at 13 weeks. My doctor started doing hcg quants to see if I could get back to zero. On July 10 hcg was 200. On July 12 it was 193. On July 30 it was 112. August 13 - 92. Today August 27-87. So on August 13 when my levels were 92, I aware up and down I was ovulating! Sticky cm (tmi) and I just felt different. So hubby and I tried for baby that day and the 14th. The past few days I have had pregnancy symptoms... Frequent urination, sensitive to smell, high exhaustion. Food ad versions & bitter taste in my mouth (which I had with my pregnancy that miscarried). I'm just wondering if since my hcg only dropped by 5 in two weeks could I be pregnant again and that is why it didn't drop by much? Or am I just insane?! Why is this taking so long? It's been almost three months & I am still dealing with this! Help please! Thank you :)

Re: Ttc after loss and hcg level trouble!

• Options

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She's one of those trolls. 
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • Options
    Sorry, didn't see that. Was just looking for advice or if anyone had a similar experience with hcg levels going down so slow. My bad.
  • Options
    This is not the appropriate board to be posting this question.
    POAS, if u get two lines, go directly to PGAL board.

Better yet, call ur doctor.

Good luck.

• Options
    No need to be rude ladies. I'm new to this, I had no idea where to post. I was just looking for advice or women who had gone through similar experiences. I apologize.
  • Options
    Psh! Nobody knows your body. You really might want to get an ultrasound to see if you have any residual in there. Otherwise, if you had unprotected sex, you could be pregnant. We aren't psychic here, go see an effing doctor. Good bye
    I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • Options
    The only way to know is to call your doctor. Even if you get a + HPT you won't know for sure if it's a new pregnancy since you didn't track your levels down to 0. Did your doctor tell you to try right away or to wait until you got your period before trying again?

It took about 3 weeks from my m/c for my levels to go down (they were at 400 three days after my miscarriage and took 2 more weeks to go back to zero). I did have signs of ovulation though I wasn't charting or doing OPKs so I don't know if I actually ovulated then or not.

Call the doctor and explain. If it's not a new pregnancy, you may have residuals like PP said and they might need to take further action. Or it's a new pregnancy and in that case, congrats.
  • Options
    katiebarttonkatiebartton member
    edited August 2013
    I would talk with your doctor, I had retained tissue and it created my levels to stall and increase here and there as they were dropping. I had to have a 2nd D&C to remove so I would speak with the doctor. I'm actually surprised they didn't discuss this already with you when your numbers went up a bit.

Edit: I misread I thought they went up, some levels drop slowly but still address concerns with doctor that seems extremely slow and it's fair to ask for an ultrasound IMO
  • Options
    No residual tissue. Had an ultrasound and all was clear. Doctor said some women's bodies just are slow to break down the hcg and lucky me... I am one of them. Back in limbo waiting for my levels to drop back to 0 as I am anxious to try again for the child I so desperately want.

I was in no way trying to be rude to anyone for the billionth time but now I'm irritated! I had never ever posted onto any type of forum EVER in my life so I had no idea what I was doing. I posted on my iPhone so I saw no specific directions as to where to post or where to NOT post. I was assuming I most likely was not pregnant, there for I am trying to conceive after a loss there for that is why I wrongly assumed to post my question there. I was honestly just looking for support and other women going through similar experiences! Thank you to those of you who were indeed supportive and giving me advice, for those of you who were rude and jumping down my throat shame on you. It was like high school all over again. It was a bit ridiculous just for posting on the wrong forum, excuse me! Geeeeez. I feel that as women especially women who have gone through a miscarriage we should all be kind and supportive to each other not rude and snarky! I've gone through months of therapy just trying to feel better from this and I just wanted so desperately to find others who had went through the same thing and support, I apologize for posting on the wrong flipping forum and I seriously didn't intend to offend ANYONE AT ALL!!!
  • Options
    I was still having positive home pregnancy tests when my hcg was 4. It took my hcg quite a long time to drop, despite the fact that there was no residual tissue.  Every woman is different.  My doctor brought me in for a hCG level and when it was at 4, and I had already had 2 normal periods, she said it was okay for me to start TTC.  I still had 2 weeks before I was due to ovulate, and before I ovulated the home pregnancy tests did turn negative.  I lost at ~6 weeks, and it took over 2 months for my levels to reach 4, and probably 2.5 months for it to 0 out.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    No residual tissue. Had an ultrasound and all was clear. Doctor said some women's bodies just are slow to break down the hcg and lucky me... I am one of them. Back in limbo waiting for my levels to drop back to 0 as I am anxious to try again for the child I so desperately want. I was in no way trying to be rude to anyone for the billionth time but now I'm irritated! I had never ever posted onto any type of forum EVER in my life so I had no idea what I was doing. I posted on my iPhone so I saw no specific directions as to where to post or where to NOT post. I was assuming I most likely was not pregnant, there for I am trying to conceive after a loss there for that is why I wrongly assumed to post my question there. I was honestly just looking for support and other women going through similar experiences! Thank you to those of you who were indeed supportive and giving me advice, for those of you who were rude and jumping down my throat shame on you. It was like high school all over again. It was a bit ridiculous just for posting on the wrong forum, excuse me! Geeeeez. I feel that as women especially women who have gone through a miscarriage we should all be kind and supportive to each other not rude and snarky! I've gone through months of therapy just trying to feel better from this and I just wanted so desperately to find others who had went through the same thing and support, I apologize for posting on the wrong flipping forum and I seriously didn't intend to offend ANYONE AT ALL!!!

Whether you knew what you were posting or not, in the wrong place or not, has nothing to do with your expectations for how you think we should be acting. We are under no obligation to support first-time posters on this board, especially ones who seem to openly flout the rules that are clearly laid out at the top of the board. How are we to know you are mobile, or have no clue how forums work in the first place? A TTC after loss board is a poor choice for trying out your first ever forum post. I mean, forums aren't so different from real life, here you are expected to lurk a bit to get to know how the board works before barging in and posting without even an introduction or anything, just as in real life you wouldn't barge into a room full of strangers and ask them abut your HCG levels and possible pregnancy without first getting to know if it was the right place to ask such a question.

Your post was exactly like the kinds of posts we get all. the. time from trolls and such who live to stir things up and cause pain to others, "am I pregnant' posts are just extremely hurtful and not received well. This board is our safe place with a clear set of rules for behaviour and how to post, just as ignorance of the laws doesn't excuse you from getting that speeding ticket in real life, ignorance of our rules doesn't excuse your behaviour. Again, we are not obligated to support every person who comes here; rather, we choose to support those who follow the rules, stick around in order to get to know how things work, get to know the others in this community over time, and don't just demand support right from the get go. You have to GIVE support to GET support, it's how this community works. If you want to stay here you need to either suck it up and give a REAL apology without a 'but here's my laundry list of excuses and you guys are just mean' routine, or you can go find another board more suited to your temperament.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"