Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Recipients dropped out *update*

ArgyleBrideArgyleBride member
edited August 2013 in Third-Party Reproduction
mobile: Recipients dropped out

After all the warnings to me about how important it was that I be responsible, take the cycle seriously, and be sure I could follow through with donating, it turns out this cycle is ending early because of the recipients, not me.  It's not like I feel angry or led on or anything like that, I'm just really surprised; the clinic has been so focused on making sure I go through with it, and disappointments on this board have been about disappearing donors/GCs, it just didn't occur to me that the IPs would drop out.  I suspect this was a very difficult decision for them--apparently, the IP's mother has become ill and needs care.  It sounds like a heartbreaking situation.

Anyway, I have been told to carry on as if it is happening, with the hope that they will find someone else who matches with me and can just slide right in.  Not sure how that would work--why have I been on BCP for a month if they could align cycles this late?  Maybe they are hoping to find IPs okay with a FET?  No clue here.  I hope this doesn't push my cycle back enough to put all my appointments and retrieval right in the beginning of the term--I am TAing and that would be pretty disruptive.

Re: Recipients dropped out *update*

• Options
    Wow! I'm so sorry. It must be kind of a let down.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    brooklynesquebrooklynesque member
    edited August 2013
    I'm so sorry this happened to you!! I'm sure it was an agonizing decision for the IPs, and I have a feeling IP drop-outs are are pretty rare generally.  (You're just the lucky one!  ;) )  What the clinic might suggest if it finds another recipient right away is an all-freeze cycle (ETA: I see you already mentioned the prospect of an FET above).  The clinic would freeze 3- or 5-day embryos until the intended mother was at the point in her cycle where she was ready to receive them.  I know this is sometimes done even in "normal" fresh cycles if it turns out the intended mother's lining isn't cooperating.  Lots of clinics have equally good stats with frozen embryos.  Alternatively, they might ask if you would be willing to freeze your eggs (to be used for the right recipient in the future) for similar comp.  Good luck, and I hope this works out for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I am so sorry! But im sure they will match you with someone very soon. We kinda jumped in with a donor and are doing a FET because we couldn't synchronize the cycles in time and in so ok with that!! Good luck and keep going!!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    I love hearing your stories of last-minute cycles working out.  I'm relieved that this is a feasible goal; I was afraid the clinic might just be stalling.  Consider me comforted!  I'm one of the lucky ones who gets sick on BCP, so I'll be glad if it's not for nothing!

It is a bit disorienting, switching IPs in the middle, but we were anonymous so the change will not be very jarring.  And maybe after the family emergency has resolved, the same IPs will come back to me.  You never know.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So sorry that this happened. I am sure they will make sure that things get sorted out soon! Also I will ditto that there are sometimes that there is someone on the list waiting for you :-)

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Options
    Wow, that's very unusual and I'm sorry it happened to you! I hope that everything works out in the end.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    Wow I'm sorry. Hopefully everything works out.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Okay, update: there apparently is a list for me (surreal, yet flattering) and they have confirmed with another match.  What they neglected to tell me before asking me if I wanted to "go ahead" with a different match--and then telling the new match--is that the timing will be *completely* different, and may indeed fall on difficult-with-work times.  I am even out of the state for part of October, the new estimated retrieval month (so specific) which they should know (I've told them twice) but probably don't.   Siiiiiiigh.  I really wish they had given me all the relevant information before telling the new IP I was on board, now I have to do it now matter how awful the timing is and I'm just frustrated with the clinic. Humbug.
  • Options

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear about this and my initial thought was that it seems to be very unusual for IP's to back out.  I wonder why they just didn't agree to a 'freeze all' cycle, but perhaps it is more complicated than that?

I'm more upset to hear your update and that your clinic isn't being more honest about the dates with you.  You shouldn't have to agree if the timing doesn't work for you, especially given that you have travel plans already in place.  It is very nice that you're concerned about the new IP's, but I think the clinic needs to take some responsibility here....ugh, I know it's a tough situation and I commend your attitude, given all of these last minute changes! 

(((Hugs))) to you and I hope it all works out in the end.

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• Options
    Nothing is easy! Glad they found a match BUT they should of talked to you first. Can't believe they just assumed it was ok!!

Like MrsT4 mentioned if this isn't doable for you then you shouldn't feel guilty. I'm sure the IP's might be a little sad but they shouldn't of told her!

My clinic did that to me and in the next breathe she wasn't available. Facts pp before getting us all excited..lol. Good luck in whatever decision u make!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Mama-BearMama-Bear member
    edited August 2013
    If the dates don't work then tell the clinic, you already have plans.  If you hadn't and maybe you just didn't want to do an ER in October then I'd tell you to suck it up, but when they made plans without even consulting you, that really kind of ticks me off (as if the clinic doesn't even feel it's important to consult the donor).  When I was gearing up for my cycle (as a GS) the clinic asked me specific dates that I wouldn't be available and would've worked around any (only date was DS1's b-day and we did the transfer almost a month before then).

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Ditto everyone! Tell the clinic! My donor told my clinic and we got pushed out a week before we even started. The IP will understand, you have to make sure your not stressed by this process, just as much as the IP want you to start they will also understand and not want you to be under ANY extra stress. Good Luck!

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• Options
    brooklynesquebrooklynesque member
    edited August 2013
    Argylebride: I agree with the others here who say call the clinic to discuss timing. My original donor needed to tinker with the dates a bit and it was fine. The clinic will work with you. If not, there are agencies I can recommend. ;-)
  • Options
    I called them to make sure they knew about the trip.  I am sure everything will work out, and if it royally sucks, then I will consider switching to an agency.

• Options
    I am sorry I hope it works out!!
  • Options
    mobile: Recipients dropped out

After all the warnings to me about how important it was that I be responsible, take the cycle seriously, and be sure I could follow through with donating, it turns out this cycle is ending early because of the recipients, not me.  It's not like I feel angry or led on or anything like that, I'm just really surprised; the clinic has been so focused on making sure I go through with it, and disappointments on this board have been about disappearing donors/GCs, it just didn't occur to me that the IPs would drop out.  I suspect this was a very difficult decision for them--apparently, the IP's mother has become ill and needs care.  It sounds like a heartbreaking situation.

Anyway, I have been told to carry on as if it is happening, with the hope that they will find someone else who matches with me and can just slide right in.  Not sure how that would work--why have I been on BCP for a month if they could align cycles this late?  Maybe they are hoping to find IPs okay with a FET?  No clue here.  I hope this doesn't push my cycle back enough to put all my appointments and retrieval right in the beginning of the term--I am TAing and that would be pretty disruptive.
    My perfect donor was cycling for another couple when they had to suddenly drop out.  We jumped at the chance to have her knowing all our cycles would be FET.  Her eggs were collected and added to our cliics donation bank but held for us. DH deposited his sperm and the eggs were thawed and fertilized and then frozen at 5 day blasts.  I am pregnant now with twins.  We have 5 frosties still waiting for us.  

It's a shame you won't be cycling for that couple, but please know if you continue, there will likely be a happy couple who will thank you for it!  

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"