Multiples
Options

Position of twins...

Hey ladies!! It's been awhile since I've posted, but I lurk quite a bit, it's just been quiet on my end as far as the twins go - thankfully!

One question popped up today though - we went in for our u/s (28w4d) and both girls have moved positions from 1 transverse and 1 head down to both breech.  We are planning on having a c-section, so I'm assuming this does not mean too much for us, right? Is there any cons to both girls being breech as far as development or delivery via c-section? I didn't think to ask my doctor about it as she didn't seem concerned - and didn't think it was worth calling her back - but thought I'd check with you all.

Thank you! 
Me: 30, DH: 40 
TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

Re: Position of twins...

• Options
    My baby A was breech and his cord prolapsed when my water broke. It really has a very small chance of happening, but those chances increase in a multiple pregnancy w breech presentation (among a few other things). Everything turned out okay for us, it was just scary for a bit and my c/s was under general.

Also, your babies still have time to flip. My baby B flipped up until the end.

• Options
    both my guys were breech- I had a C-section- emergency at 34 w due to pre-e.  But my guys had no issues from being breech- which they were from about 31 weeks... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both my boys were breech at birth (A had been breech since 30 weeks. B flipped every few days, so he wasn't "really" a breech baby), and the only consequence is that the pediatrician ordered them to have ultrasounds of their hips when they were a few weeks old to rule out hip dysplasia, which is more prevalent in breech babies.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    There's really not a big health risk. Both of our boys were breech, and like a previous poster said we just had to have an ultrasound to check for hip dysplasia. But your babies could still change position. I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and both boys were transverse. When we had our c-section at 37 weeks they were both breech. I'm not entirely sure how they managed to flip given how little room they had, but they did.
  • Options
    I don't know anything about breech babies, but they do have plenty of time to flip. My A was breech until about 33 weeks and she flipped and has stayed head down and in position since (I'm 36.3 weeks). B has flipped back and forth the entire time and at 35 weeks had gone from transverse to head down.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Great info guys!! THank you. As you all said, there is plenty of time to flip back around, and when we went to the MFM the very next day baby B had already flipped to head down!! I had no idea they flipped that quickly! 
    Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Options
    My Baby A was vertex from 20w on, but Baby B flipped until delivery day. Like PPs said, the only issue was the hip screening by the pedi. He had an ultrasound at 6w and an X-ray at 6 mos. While Baby B actually slipped into perfect vertex position after they pulled A out, the pedi still wanted the screenings because he had been breech on several occasions in 3rd tri. No hip issues were discovered, but the trauma of having two people hold him down during the X-ray was enough for all of us!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"