High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Fibroid & SUA

Hi ladies,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Lindsay and I'm 30w2d pregnant with our first child, our son, due on 11/4. I have a 12cm Fibroid located at the bottom of my uterus that is in the way of my birth canal. Because of this, I am a scheduled C-section, hoping to get my date tomorrow at my 30w OB appt. In addition, my son has a cleft lip with possible palate involvement (not high risk factor) but does have a SUA. Due to the Fibroid and SUA, I am high risk. 

The reason for my post is - do any of you ladies have a Fibroid and do you experience any pain from it? Recently, I am experiencing serious stabbing pains. I have spoken to both my OB and MFM. I can take Tylenol which really does nothing or if it become unbearable, they will give me Percocet which I'm not big on taking while I'm pregnant. Just wanted to see if there are any other ladies in the same boat as me. Thanks! :)

Re: Fibroid & SUA

• Options
    I'm 23 weeks and I have a 10 cm fibroid on the top of my uterus. I haven't had any pain, but maybe that has to do with where it is?
  • Options
    It could be - I'm going to ask my OB today. I have my 30w appointment. I know the pain can be caused by Red Degeneration. Just not sure if that's it or not. I guess we will see. Thanks! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can't help with the fibroid, but DS who is 15 mos has cleft lip and palate. He is finished with all surgeries and doing great. Happy to help if you have any CL&P questions.
  • Options
    I don't have a fibroid, but I have a large cyst on my right ovary (14cm, or about 5.5 inches wide). I have been prescribed Norco for the pain (also on modified bed rest, so I'm not working right now). I spoke to a neonatologist while I was in the hospital when I received my diagnosis, and Norco was the best option he provided for pain management - it is hydrocodone and tylenol. Hydrocodone, from what I understand, is not quite as strong as oxycodone (percocet) so maybe that could be a better option for pain. Good luck, I hope everything goes well! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I appreciate it. I talked to my OB yesterday and he said that there really isn't anything they can do unless it becomes unbearable so I guess we will see.

On a great note, we got our C-section date. Our son will be born on Wednesday, October 30th. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"