Blended Families
Options

Bragging - NBFR

For the last 6 months I have been planning the school Carnival.  I arranged all the food donations, fought tooth and nail to get the Board to approve using the company I wanted to use to come in and provide the games and inflatable attractions and have dealt with endless criticism over trying to make this Carnival our main fundraiser and completely do away with the crappy Fall fundraiser that we've done in the past.  The former PTA President, BM and my Parliamentarian have been naysaying this Carnival from the very beginning, saying how my reliance on this Carnival to raise enough funds to replace the god awful fundraiser is going to be the demise of our school year, and I know all 3 of them have been waiting anxiously for me to fail.

Well guess what?  Our Carnival was this past Friday and we made $12,100!!!  After the costs we profited $9,700.  So SUCK IT Former President, BM and Parliamentarian!!! 

I'm totally an adult by the way...   :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: Bragging - NBFR

• Options
    You deserve to brag! What's been the average in the past?

Either way! Almost 10K is amazing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jobalchak you go! That is amazing!!
  • Options
    You are amazing! I doubt you'll be getting any lip from them in the future :-)

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Fantastic! Way to stick to your guns, lady. Nice work.
  • Options
    That's seriously awesome! 
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options
    Congrats. That is awesome. Our PTA does too many small fundraisers too but our main fundraiser is a gift auction. Did you have a backup day for if it rained? I am so happy you got to shut up BM.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    I wish our schools would do away with the penny-annie fundraisers in exchange for something big like that. Most of the fundraisers we do hardly give anything to the schools. Oh and I don't want to buy or sell crap to anyone.
  • Options
    CFjo2010CFjo2010 member
    edited August 2013
    @Littlejen22 with how hot it is in CA in August, I wish it had rained!!!  We weren't too worried about rain.  And thankfully we have a lot of outside cover at our school, we would have made due  :)

@ambrvan that's exactly the reason why I wanted to do away with the Fall fundraiser.  The teachers hate it because the assembly for it disrupts the day.  Parents hate it because the crap is pricey and it's crap.  We hate it because we only get 50% of the proceeds, and the customer service with those companies is abysmal.  It's been 10 months and I still have parents who haven't received all their merchandise?!  I figure we did so well with the Carnival, we can plan one or two restaurant fundraisers throughout the year and be able to meet our goal (we want to purchase 35 iPads for the school to replace the outdated computers).  

• Options
    Have you guys contacted Apple directly?  I know that they have amazing programs to help put computers in the schools.  Now, they will probably give you Apple computers, not Ipads, but they are really really really really good at that stuff.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    @Ilumine thank you for the tip!!  I will definitely look into programs through Apple.  

The reason our school wants iPads is because a lot of the programs the District uses can be done on the iPads.  Teachers can check the iPads out from the library and the kids can stay in the classroom to do the different activities as opposed to trekking everyone to the library and trying to reserve time in the media center.  Plus, this is just the way of the future.  We have a school in our district that is testing out using iPads for the State testing modules in order to incorporate more of a technological aspect (which is really where the world is going now).

• Options
    When I was in high school, or library had two carts of Apple laptops. When not being used by a teacher/class they were in the library available for student use. I loved using those things. The carts were pale charging stations, too.
  • Options
    jobalchak said:
    @Ilumine thank you for the tip!!  I will definitely look into programs through Apple.  

The reason our school wants iPads is because a lot of the programs the District uses can be done on the iPads.  Teachers can check the iPads out from the library and the kids can stay in the classroom to do the different activities as opposed to trekking everyone to the library and trying to reserve time in the media center.  Plus, this is just the way of the future.  We have a school in our district that is testing out using iPads for the State testing modules in order to incorporate more of a technological aspect (which is really where the world is going now).
    At the very least, they might be able to offer you some reduced rates on older model Ipads.  I also know that you can get a really good discount (better than the military discount) on Apple Products if you are at teacher.  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"