TTC after 35
Options

Any plus size 35+ TTC'ers out there?

I'm 36, plus size and I'm in my 10th month of TTC. So far we are just doing the natural stuff, no RE or meds yet. Just wondering if anyone else out there is in the same boat? Would love to hear your stories!
*TW below*
Me: 40 DH: 38
TTC since November 2012
BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

Re: Any plus size 35+ TTC'ers out there?

• Options
    I don't know exactly what you mean by "plus size"... but I am not my ideal body weight LOL.  Although I lost 25lbs recently I have a ways to go. 

Welcome to the board... I understand if you aren't ready to seek medical help, but it is suggested after 6 months of trying for our age. It was the best decision I made.  If you don't do that I would atleast suggest charting/temping to see if you are ovulating or not.  Also work on losing some weight the healthy way.  It will increase your fertility and prepare you for pregnancy!

Good luck!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Thanks for the response ksgsmu! My ob/gyn had me wait 6 months after removing the IUD to see if I could get back to regular Oing...but no luck. So I'm waiting on my appt next month to start all those fun tests. 
    I am on a journey to lose weight as well as TTC. Eating clean is my goal, although in the last week or so, we've fallen off the wagon. But it's getting back on track and getting healthy is a major part of this whole plan!
    I wish you luck in your journey as well!!!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great--  you can do your testing with an OBGYN... but if you do any treatment go to an RE.  RE's specialize in getting you pregnant!  Good luck!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    We're back to TTC just this month!  And I still have baby weight from our almost 1-year-old.  So yeah, plus sized here.  But I was overweight with my first pregnancy and everything was picture perfect - gained 30 pounds the entire pregnancy and was healthy the entire time.  So being plus-sized doesn't always mean complications!  Oh, and I didn't have gestational diabetes either, thankfully.  

Just letting you know it doesn't have to be challenging to be over 35, plus sized, and TTC/pregnant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AngelSong76 this is SO encouraging! Thanks so much! Did you have any problems TTC #1??
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Options
    I'm 36 and plus sized.  I've been going to a therapist and nutritionist specializing in binge and overeating and that has been helpful.  I'm trying to eat healthy and starting to exercise again in hopes to bring down my weight and overall just feel better about myself.  Like I read in another discussion...I'm trying to be less "fluffy"! :-)
  • Options
    That's great kjmitlyng! I hope it's helping you. I actually JUST got the ok from my dr to start infertility testing. I have been REALLY stressed about not knowing what's going on with my body so this is actually a relief. I can find out then deal with any outcomes.
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Options
    IFinTN: So happy for you!! It's so hard to hear those dreaded words "lose weight" from the doc. What does do they think? We aren't already trying that?! It's not as easy as it sounds. I'm go happy you got some hope back! Good luck and I hope I can hear about your BFP early next year!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Options
    We "sort of" tried for two months and then really tried the third.  That's when I got pregnant.  So no trouble at all!  

I'll be honest, I'm really afraid this time we won't be so lucky/blessed.  It's just a feeling I have, but it's really strong.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    *raise hand* I am plus sized, recently lost close to 30 pounds, but still overweight. We will begin trying in 4 days over here.
  • Options
    I'm 37 and plus size... My doctor also recommends focusing on egg quality. I ovulate but my follicles don't seem to get big enough. I recently had a glucose tolerance test that showed I have insulin resistance. I was just put on metformin and I have high hopes that not only will it help my egg production, but help with some weight loss. I recommend visiting with a reproductive endocrinologist sooner rather than later. We started trying when I was 36 and I wish I would have seen him straight off, but we waited the recommended 6 months. Baby dust to you!
  • Options
    It's so great to hear from all of you ladies! I wish you all the best of luck! I'm waiting for the days to tick by so I can get to my first appointment w/ the dr. 
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Options
    My RE wanted me to lose weight but didn't hold back treatment because of my weight.. We showed him we got pregnant after gaining another 20 lbs before getting pregnant. I lost 25 before seeing the RE and gained most of it back :/ He kept telling me how much losing would help and I'm sure it does but in my case we still got pregnant. Now with that said I'm currently trying to lose before TTC again just to feel/be healthier over all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"