Working Moms

Tuesday GTKY

What are you wearing right now?

What's for dinner?

Anything exciting coming up you want to share?

Do you plan your clothes in advance?  

What is the best thing about today so far?

Do you have plans for this weekend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tuesday GTKY

• What are you wearing right now?
    I just got back home from my interview (fingers crossed please!!!) and I changed into jeans, sperrys, a cardigan and the shell I was wearing under my suit (it's a plum color).  

What's for dinner?

Probably fillets and green beans with some rice

My DS started kinder yesterday so that's exciting and hopefully getting the job I interviewed for!

Yes, especially when I was working.  I plan my kids clothes too, I do it all on Sunday so the week is smoother, I just grab their outfit and hang it on their coat hook in their room so H knows what to dress the baby in and my kinder kid knows what to put on since he can't reach the clothes in his closet.  I plan it out so I don't have to iron something in a hurry in the morning.  

That my interview went well and that it is over.  I really want the job, but I know I did my best, at this point my part is done until of course I hopefully get hired.  

My H has a clinic he has to go to for getting certified for a coaching thing he is doing so the kids and I might just go to my mom's or just hang out at home.  We are all off Labor day so that's a 3 day weekend for us and our anniversary is this weekend so I'm hoping we get something at least dinner just the two of us.  We don't do a lot usually so it's not a big deal, guess it just depends.

Jersey skirt and tank top
    What's for dinner?

BBQ pulled pork sandwiches (crock-pot). A family favorite.

Doing my first post-baby 5k this Saturday.  I think I'm going to do horribly because I've hardly had time to run, but I'm excited to get back out there.

Not usually.

I'm about to go to Chipotle for lunch.  I hardly ever eat lunch out but I have to work late tonight so I'm treating myself. 

5k and tailgating for the start of college football.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Pajamas.  I'm home with my cranky sick kiddo.

A crescent roll bake with browned ground beef, salsas, cheddar, lettuce, and tomatoes.

We are looking into buying a new home, so that's exciting.

I only plan my clothes in advance for special events like weddings.

I get to hang out with my cute kid, even though she's a snot dripping, coughing mess right now.

House hunting.  Shopping at the mall for my niece's birthday.  Kid birthday party at a ceramics painting place.  I need to squeeze in some work too.

Sheer floral top with a spaghetti strap tank underneath. One of the straps on my tank broke this morning so I've spent the majority of my day checking to make sure my tank isn't falling below my brightly colored bra...

What's for dinner?
    Homemade hicken noodle soup

My weekend plans below :)

I pick out my clothes and the girls the night before.

My Target shopping trip. Lots of new clothes and lots of clearance deals!

Yes! DH and I are hitting up an afternoon baseball game, going to a wedding, then spending the night in a hotel.  Without kids. The first time we've had a night away and even an evening out together since pre-kids. Squeeeee! I can barely contain my excitement!

• @Sapphirebride06 - Good luck!  I hope you get the job!

Thank you very much!!!  It would be so great and utilize my education and my experience and I randomly have qualifications they mentioned they would like - including being a notary!  I really hope I find out soon one way or another, I hate waiting!
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    edited August 2013
    @privacy wanted - I'm looking fwd to hearing the reports about your half. very exciting!

What are you wearing right now?
    white pants, purple/white blouse

What's for dinner? fruit, vegis, yogurt

Anything exciting coming up you want to share?I have a date this wknd. I'll report back if it's exciting ;)

Do you plan your clothes in advance?  Usually the night before, I'll pick out clothes

What is the best thing about today so far? My  morning has gone by pretty fast

Do you have plans for this weekend? see above
  • ccamccam member
    edited August 2013
    What are you wearing right now?  Black capris and a salmon colored (??) sleeveless blouse

What's for dinner?  Easy - grilled cheese and soup

Anything exciting coming up you want to share?  DS's first birthday luau on Saturday

Do you plan your clothes in advance?  Maybe for Mondays, but it usually stops there.

What is the best thing about today so far?  DS finally woke up feeling better today after a case of roseola, double ear infections and swollen tonsils.  My boy is back :)

Do you have plans for this weekend?  First birthday luau at home with 50 guests.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

A suit.  I had meetings today that required one

What's for dinner?
    Leftover chicken.  Last night, I made chicken rolled up with ham and cheese, coated in panko breadcrumbs, and baked.  It reheats well.  Probably eat it with a salad.

My boss put me in for a pretty big promotion.  I won't know anything until early next year.  It goes to committee later this year.  He thinks I have a good shot.

Most nights, yes.  Sometimes I even try to plan my outfits for the week.  We have a nanny, so I don't typically plan the kids' clothes unless DD1 is going to camp.  When she starts pre-K in a couple of weeks, she'll be in a uniform.  That should alleviate the fighting...

The huge hugs and kisses I got from my kids this morning.  Also that DD1 seemed to be feeling better and wasn't crying her little eyes out when I left this morning.

Visiting the inlaws out of state.  I love my inlaws, but I'm so exhausted.  It's a 6 hr drive, neither kid ever sleeps well there, so I won't sleep well there, and I can't take Tuesday off like I usually do to recover.  We just saw them 2 weeks ago, but we've had this planned for months.  Sigh...

• What are you wearing right now? black skirt, black sandals, leopard print top (my wild and crazy shirt), gold/pearl jewelry, black cardigan.

What's for dinner? I put half-frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot with butter and some random seasonings and am hoping they magically turn out okay. We're just going to have them on salad, with avocado slices, too.

Anything exciting coming up you want to share? Weekend plans! Plus, we have lots of excitement due to our ongoing remodeling projects. Lots of upheaval but always something new to see.

Do you plan your clothes in advance?  No. 

What is the best thing about today so far? Baby DD's big smiles when she seems me come get her out of bed; apple cider donut in my lunch. ;)

Do you have plans for this weekend? We're going to our cabin up north. We've hardly been there all summer b/c of moving and the house projects. The kids are excited and it will be nice to have some family time.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What are you wearing right now? Halloween pajama pants, my husband's t-shirt, and a teal robe... I had a 1/2 day today, and LO is napping!

What's for dinner?  Not sure yet... I'm supposed to be working on our meal plan right now.

Anything exciting coming up you want to share? My husband's big R&D project at work launches tomorrow, so he gets to take Thu and Fri off, and he'll be back to a normal 8-5 work schedule again soon.

Do you plan your clothes in advance?  Yes, but this morning LO put his hands in a bag of trash and gave me a hug with sour cream on his hands, so I had to wing it anyway...

What is the best thing about today so far? I didn't get caught at the bridge on my way to my work meeting.

Do you have plans for this weekend? Disc golf picnic!
    Black skinny jeans, black and white silk tank top and black cardigan-
    What's for dinner?
    Chicken stir fry- the weekly staple.
    A three day weekend, plus I only have a three day work week next week.
    Sometimes, but sometimes I'm lucky to just find something cute and clean. I have three girls so our outfits take a lot of planning.
    It's relativly slow at work so I am going to get a 5 mile run in at lunch. Plus it's beautiful outside.
    Playdate with my 5 year old's new kinder friends, having drinks with friends on saturday night, pool, just being with my husband and our girls.
  • I'm wearing a dress and with a blazer. The dress is rather forgiving of my bloated self. I need to work in some yoga and/or crunches this weekend. 

Dinner - I'm hoping hubs makes some curry with our plentiful farm share produce that will expire soon if we don't eat them soon. 

Exciting - I'm selecting my first intern this week! Eek, it's kind of a big milestone in my career that I now have enough responsibility, work, and experience to be able to put together a meaningful portfolio for some of these really impressive candidates. 

Don't plan out my wardrobe but I do try to keep up with my laundry so that I have some clean options each morning. 

Best thing so far - this is still from yesterday but my boss is nominating me for an award, my husband is doing well in his new job, and we have an extra set of hands this week while my aunt is visiting and that makes evenings easier :)

This weekend - depends on whether my relative is still around. If she is, we'll stay local and probably go for a swim and a picnic, maybe even a date night. If not, then we'll probably go out of town for the 3 day weekend but we still need to find a family-friendly spot. I'm finding a lot of places advertise themselves as family friendly by offering baby-sitting while parents go off to have a massage or drink wine. I understand that's appealing to plenty of people and I'm sure I'll be first in line to sign up for that one day but for now, I'd like to enjoy some relaxing activities *with* my child - where can I do that?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What are you wearing right now? Capri's, tank top, and 3/4 sweater

What's for dinner? Taco Salad

Anything exciting coming up you want to share? We are starting DD in parent and me gymnastics classes next Wednesday.  I'm pretty excited about that.

Do you plan your clothes in advance? No, just grab what's clean 

What is the best thing about today so far? We just had some cake for a co-workers birthday

Do you have plans for this weekend? We will end up going to the river.  DH works on Saturday's and he's on call for the weekend so we can't go far or out of cell service.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
    Black capris, sandals and black and white striped top.
    What's for dinner?
    Wish I knew - thinking grilled chicken with veggies.

Less than 60 days to our first trip to Disney World!

sometimes - I follow a blog that has great tips on pairing things together but I never remember her ideas in the mornings.

It's lunch and I am going to run an errand.

For once nothing is planned :)  it is supposed to be nice so I hope we find a swimming pool/beach that is still open. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • What are you wearing right now? Khaki skirt and pique polo work embroidered shirt

What's for dinner?  Probably pork chops.  Still unpacking from our move, so we'll see if I can get it together.

Anything exciting coming up you want to share?  We moved on LO's 1st birthday, so we postponed the party and will have a 1st birthday/1st home party next week.  So much to do before then!!!

Do you plan your clothes in advance?  Only for special occasions.

What is the best thing about today so far? less than 3 hours left of work...it's been pretty slow today.

Do you have plans for this weekend?  College football!  And unpacking...

• What are you wearing right now? Yellow skinny cropped jeans, navy blue top

What's for dinner? Eggs and english muffins (TKD tonight, so needs to be something quick!)

Anything exciting coming up you want to share?not as exciting as @privacywanted, but I signed up for three different 5k's this past week and I'm pretty excited about that!

Do you plan your clothes in advance?  no. i tried planning on Sundays, now I just think about it and figure it out while nursing DS2

What is the best thing about today so far? that my zulily order that I forgot about just shipped. Woohoo!

Do you have plans for this weekend? yup, heading to a theme park.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What are you wearing right now? Khaki slacks and sleeveless shirt
    What's for dinner? Grilled chicken and corn on the cob/taters
    Anything exciting coming up you want to share?  We are taking our first REAL family vacation this weekend
    Do you plan your clothes in advance?  Yes, I am a planner
    What is the best thing about today so far? My boss is gone on paternity leave...so I've been dicking off all week/all day
    Do you have plans for this weekend?  We are flying to Destin, FL on Saturday for 5 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

A greenish colored Old Navy maternity dress. It was one of my favorite dresses this pregnancy but the fabric is starting to pill. Good thing I only need it for one more week!

What's for dinner?

No clue- DH takes care of feeding us!

I am 9 days from my due date!

When not pregnant I do somewhat. If I have court I need to check and make sure I have a clean suit and matching shirt, shoes, etc. I often leave jackets and shoes at my office so if I'm going straight to court I have to make sure there is one complete outfit at my house! While pregnant my wardrobe is actually much easier. I have 2 skirts, 5 dresses, and 2 blazers plus limited shirts so it's easy to grab and go.

My turkey reuben at lunch!

Well, I'm really hoping to have a baby! But if I don't we will be busy. FIL is coming over to paint both kids' rooms with DH Saturday then we have dinner with the IL's. Sunday DS has a playdate with two little girls whose mom is due with her third one day before me! Monday my MIL wants us to get together with some of DH's family for brunch and afterwards DH and I are planning to give our dogs haircuts. Not super exciting, but busy!
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • -Slacks/blouse

-Lemon Caper Alfredo Tuna

-My birthday!

-Yes, every week

-I got a free lunch today!

-Rest, Relaxation, and more Rest

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• edited August 2013
    Wearing shorts and a T-shirt.

Dinner is chicken enchiladas with black beans and corn.

Nothing too exciting right now. I go back to work next Wednesday from maternity leave and I'm glad to get back into a routine.

I do not usually plan my clothes in advance. I should start because I have been known to stand in front of my closet for 10 minutes trying to decide.

Best thing - I went into LO's room to get her from her crib this morning and she gave me the biggest smile when she saw me!

Weekend plans - bachelorette party for my best friend!

• What are you wearing right now? Black pants, pink top, wedge heels.

What's for dinner? Wish I knew.

Anything exciting coming up you want to share? Family is visiting from Colorado and will be meeting DD for the first time, cannot wait!

Do you plan your clothes in advance? Yes, I pick up my clothes for the next day the night before.  

What is the best thing about today so far? DD's eczema flare is starting to clear up.

Do you have plans for this weekend? Yep, see above about family visiting.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

A blue top with a stain on it from my oatmeal this morning (I need a bib) and black patterned ankle pants.

What's for dinner?  not a clue...still stuff from lunch

Yes...as soon as I finish this, I am out for the day...woohoo!!

kinda sorta sometimes

What is the best thing about today so far?  my workout...all downhill from there

for once, yes...coworkes wedding Saturday and baseball game on Sunday

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"